Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why did our offense regress with the same coaches?

Quote:I know what I saw. Watch the games.

You don't know what you saw and I don't care if you watch the games.

This team was at the bottom of the league in 1st half points.  They play from behind and the stats get inflated.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If he was playing better last year because we were playing from behind, whats the excuse this year? We're still playing from behind, but he's 20x worse and his throwing motion is terrible.

It's a one dimensional offense with a struggling QB currently. Not very tough to defend. 

TJ was more effective last season, Blake made fewer mistakes, and there were less dropped passes. 

The coaching leaves plenty to be desired as well. 

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 05:09 PM by GlockBortles.)

We werent as good as everyone told you we were on offense last year. Thrived against bad teams or in come from behind situations that let us rack up empty stats. Only the allens are talented on offense and even theyre having issues.

Were just even worse at everything somehow.

Quote:You don't know what you saw and I don't care if you watch the games.

This team was at the bottom of the league in 1st half points.  They play from behind and the stats get inflated.

Of course I do, because I watched the games. All 16 of them.

Quote:We werent as good as everyone told you we were on offense last year. Thrived against bad teams or in come from behind situations that let us rack up empty stats.

Were just even worse cause bortles has somehow gotten worse

It is not what everyone told me. It is what I saw with my own pair of eyes.

Quote:Of course I do, because I watched the games. All 16 of them.

That doesn't mean you're right. 

The offense was not good last year.  It's gotten worse this year because Bortles has regressed and the running game still sucks.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 05:11 PM by The_Anchorman.)

When you have leadership that doesn't understand progress, then you have what we have here.  Which is the way they want it.  Well, they get it.

Quote:It is not what everyone told me. It is what I saw with my own pair of eyes.
Then youre just flat out wrong. Theres obviously regression that makes us worse but we werent good last year either.

When Gus applies for another job in the future, he needs to bring the entire Seattle Seahawks defense with him at the interview

Quote:That doesn't mean you're right. 

The offense was not good last year.  It's gotten worse this year because Bortles has regressed and the running game still sucks.

Explain how an offense was not good last year when it was one of the best in the NFL outside of turnovers.

Quote:I know what I saw. Watch last year's games.
We did. You asked we answered. You can disagree but the fact is the team was worse on defense last year and we played a bunch of scrubs last year. This team is working on a decade of futility and I watched last year. I am mad at myself for expectations this year. We have been conned, trolled, punked.... Take your pick of words.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Explain how an offense was not good last year when it was one of the best in the NFL outside of turnovers.

Why do you keep saying that?  It isn't true and stats show it.  I've already explained this to you.  It's not my fault you don't get it.

Quote:Then you're just flat out wrong. There's obviously regression that makes us worse but we weren't good last year either.

Why do people keep saying we were not good last year without an explanation?

Prior to last season, Bortles took his job seriously and worked in the off season to improve his throwing motion and accuracy. After last season, he looked at how good he did and said, I am done, and took the off season off. He has regressed to old habits which I think he is not going to be able to fix permanently. He reminds me of Leftwich. Long wind up throwing motion and very inaccurate. Most of his throws are behind or above the receiver requiring them to stretch out in awkward positions to catch the ball, which can get them hurt. Bortles is not a natural thrower - he throws alot of ducks. Tight spirals are hard for him. He may make a good backup.  

Why do you ignore the explanations given to you?  

Quote:We did. You asked we answered. You can disagree but the fact is the team was worse on defense last year and we played a bunch of scrubs last year. This team is working on a decade of futility and I watched last year. I am mad at myself for expectations this year. We have been conned, trolled, punked.... Take your pick of words.

Nobody explained what they mean by not being good last year. It has nothing to do with "garbage time" since so many games were close. The only futility was turnovers.

Quote:Why do people keep saying we were not good last year without an explanation?
Can you prove to me we were good without using box score stats that have absolutely no context like blakes 4500yds and 35 tds?

Because bortles has regressed. He's a very poor qb right now
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Why do you ignore the explanations given to you?  

I don't. People are saying our stats were padded in garbage time but that only happens when you play against backups after starters are pulled in blowouts.