Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why did our offense regress with the same coaches?

Quote:Of course we did. If the coaches were bad last year our offense would have been stagnant.

I disagree. "of course we did" is a poor assumption on your part. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How is it possible to do what we did last year with bad coaching?

Quote:I disagree. "of course we did" is a poor assumption on your part.

She's full of poor assumptions.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:I know what I saw. Watch last year's games.

I did. It was a bunch of garbage time stats.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I wouldn't even say OK. They played five wins against an incredibly easy schedule quality, which is to say poorly overall. However, there were pockets of quality that we all thought could be built on, this season those pockets seem to have evaporated into thin air.

Not completely evaporated, considering how close we came to beating Green Bay and Baltimore. But there is no doubting the fact we only beat bad teams so far.

Quote:How is it possible to do what we did last year with bad coaching?

what exactly do you think we did last year??

Quote:I did. It was a bunch of garbage time stats.

Mostly non-garbage time stats.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 05:36 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:The Allens rarely dropped passes. The fact that Blake's interceptions were in the red zone tells us we were good at moving the ball. Hence, good offense except for turnovers.
" a good offense except when we didnt score when we needed because our bad qb threw an interception in the redzone and didnt score"

Thats your reasoning for us being a good offense? Give me a break. The allens have regressed, thats probably our biggest fault. Blake cant let the receivers carry him into more eye popping numbers that dont actually result in wins. Thats not a good offense, not then and not now. Good offenses can drive down the field with a balanced attack on good teams and score when it matters and we dont do that, we rarely ever did. We chucked it up to two good receivers and let them do all the work, most of the time when the game was already out of hand.

Quote:The question is why did he regress?

Other teams DC have figured out what Bortles strengths were last season and have taken them away this year.

He also looks like he has lost some confidence out there,

He's not a very accurate QB and because of that he ends up throwing a lot of INTs and incomplete passes.  I know some of the INTs are not his fault, but some of them are his fault and the ones in the red zone are a killer, whether they are his fault or not.

Pretty much all of the inaccurate passes are his fault though, especially if the WR or TE was open and he just missed them.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Players believed their own hype and got lazy.

Quote:How is it possible to do what we did last year with bad coaching?

The more fitting question is... Would we have done that poorly with better coaching?

You are putting your faith in the wrong places.
Signature goes here.

Quote:what exactly do you think we did last year??

I don't think what we did last year. I know what we did. Bortles threw great passes to Hurns and Robinson, who rarely dropped them and actually fought for the ball in tight coverage. Running plays near the goal line were a problem because, unlike this year, we did not have a quality backup for T.J. Yeldon.

Quote:what exactly do you think we did last year??

She's a die hard fan of like 32 NFL teams. I'm sure she's thinking of another team.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Scouting by other teams.  They're doing a better job on Allen Robinson than last year is just one example.

Quote:" a good offense except when we didnt score when we needed because our bad qb threw an interception in the redzone and didnt score"

Thats your reasoning for us being a good offense? Give me a break. The allens have regressed, thats probably our biggest fault. Blake cant let the receivers carry him into more eye popping numbers that dont actually result in wins. Thats not a good offense, not then and not now. Good offenses can drive down the field with a balanced attack on good teams and score when it matters and we dont do that, we rarely ever did.

In terms of moving the ball - we were good at that part. Watching Bortles turn the ball over to end a good drive over and over again was very frustrating, to say the least. But I give credit to them for getting in the red zone.

Blake Bortles came into Week 7 with a league-high 3374 passing yards since 2014 while trailing by at least 10 points. That works out to 39 percent of his career passing yards. -Mike Sando, ESPN Senior Writer

I'd say that has a lot to do with it, that's a severely high number. Over half of his yards and the TD came when down by 10+ points today so that number is even more skewed now. 

Quote:Not completely evaporated, considering how close we came to beating Green Bay and Baltimore. But there is no doubting the fact we only beat bad teams so far.
Green Bay has not been very good over the past season's worth of games or so.

They are definitely not one of the "Elite" teams that most people like to remember and imagine they still are.

They are like 8-6 (something like that) over their past 14 games,, and are in many close games that they end up getting lucky in (2 hail Mary's last year).

Big deal. They beat Chicago. So did the Jags.

Fid you see Dallas go in and dominate them last week?

Yup.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 05:41 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Scouting by other teams.  They're doing a better job on Allen Robinson than last year is just one example.

So it is not totally the Jaguars regressing like everyone says, but sometimes just a credit to the defense.

Of course I am not saying that is most of it.

Quote:Mostly non-garbage time stats.

Maybe you need to go back and watch last season.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I don't. People are saying our stats were padded in garbage time but that only happens when you play against backups after starters are pulled in blowouts.

Because that's not the only time garbage time happens. Teams with large leads will often concede underneath routes late in games knowing this consumes the clock, and they do this without pulling starters. Often times, this makes the final score closer than the game actually was.