Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles looking svelte

And determined....

[Image: DcY8ysCV0AAiNY6?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Like a man on a mission. Thoughts?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You woulda thought he buy rogaine when he got his new contract. Guess not.

Maybe he's comfortable with nature taking its course, how terrible!

He actually looks like he's lost about 15-20 lbs. I don't know if that will effect his throwing in a positive way, but he looks healthier.

He looks more fit

(05-05-2018, 02:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He actually looks like he's lost about 15-20 lbs. I don't know if that will effect his throwing in a positive way, but he looks healthier.

last year he had looked slimmed up a bit from 2016. Looks like he took it another step further this year.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Unrelated to the photo, I think bortles is poised to have a very good season. The team is loaded and the offense is inplemented now to focus on his strengths.

Pretty dang excited for this upcoming season.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(05-05-2018, 03:22 AM)waveZ666 Wrote: He looks more fit

It's the endless nights of binge drinking fortified by a meth addiction. 

Just kidding, he quit drinking.

It's the uniform, bland black is a slimming look.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-05-2018, 08:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's the uniform, bland black is a slimming look.

He actually does appear to have taken another step in his conditioning. It's been noticeable in a number of pics/vids I've seen of him during the offseason thus far. 

I'm not reading into it at all at this point, but at least it suggests he's on some sort of regimen.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2018, 10:09 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I wish the number had a thin teal outline around it. I like the new unis though

I do think Bortles takes that next step this year and gonna go out on a limb a say he makes the Pro Bowl even as a run first team

I think it's the uniforms. I saw a vid of Telvin the other day...that dude looks much too small to play LB. He looked like he might be around 190-195.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Yea, I think it's partly the uniform and the angle he's standing.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new Uni's, and I can't wait to see them on gameday, but it's so crazy that we go from having the most extra uniforms and ugly 2 tone helmets, to the most vanilla, bland, "team and uniform creation in madden franchise mode," plain Jane uniforms in the league lol.

I can't hate on the helmets though. Them [BLEEP] is tight

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2018, 12:31 PM by JNev.)

I know everyone is waiting for Blake to "make a jump" and so on, but even last year he was 11th in ESPN's QBR (for whatever that's worth). The fact that we still think he can grow from that says a lot. I distinctly remember him being so bad in that Titans game that I would've done anything for the Jags to make a trade, but he was so clearly a different QB past midseason last year. I'm really thinking the addition of ASJ and the massive depth we have at WR could see him take the leap into the Top 10, especially if he's figured out how effective he can be when he tucks it and runs. Call me a blind optimist, but it's distinctly possible!

Only guys FOR SURE that are better than Blake (in no particular order):
1. Brees 2. Rodgers 3. Big Ben 4. Brady 5. Wentz 6. $30 million man Matt Ryan 7. Russell Wilson 8. Philip Rivers 9. Stafford 10. Cam? 11. Alex Smith? 12. Cousins?
The rest, you could make an argument for Blake next year over them. Not saying he's definitely better than guys like Carr, Mariota, Goff, Keenum, or Jameis, but the argument could certainly be made and it's well within the realm of possibility he has the better season of all of those guys.

(05-05-2018, 12:25 PM)JNev Wrote: I know everyone is waiting for Blake to "make a jump" and so on, but even last year he was 11th in ESPN's QBR (for whatever that's worth). The fact that we still think he can grow from that says a lot. I distinctly remember him being so bad in that Titans game that I would've done anything for the Jags to make a trade, but he was so clearly a different QB past midseason last year. I'm really thinking the addition of ASJ and the massive depth we have at WR could see him take  the leap into the Top 10, especially if he's figured out how effective he can be when he tucks it and runs. Call me a blind optimist, but it's distinctly possible!

1. Brees 2. Rodgers 3. Big Ben 4. Brady 5. Wentz 6. $30 million man Matt Ryan 7. Russell Wilson 8. Philip Rivers 9. Stafford 10. Cam? 11. Alex Smith? 12. Cousins?
The rest, you could make an argument for Blake next year over them. Not saying he's definitely better than guys like Carr, Mariota, Goff, Keenum, or Jameis, but the argument could certainly be made and it's well within the realm of possibility he has the better season of all of those guys.

Cam sucks

(05-05-2018, 03:03 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 12:25 PM)JNev Wrote: I know everyone is waiting for Blake to "make a jump" and so on, but even last year he was 11th in ESPN's QBR (for whatever that's worth). The fact that we still think he can grow from that says a lot. I distinctly remember him being so bad in that Titans game that I would've done anything for the Jags to make a trade, but he was so clearly a different QB past midseason last year. I'm really thinking the addition of ASJ and the massive depth we have at WR could see him take  the leap into the Top 10, especially if he's figured out how effective he can be when he tucks it and runs. Call me a blind optimist, but it's distinctly possible!

Cam sucks

Actually, at one point I looked deeper into Blake vs Cam as passers and noticed they are remarkably similar. The main difference is that Cam has serious wheels, but Blake's wheels are improving.
'02

(05-05-2018, 03:03 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:

Cam sucks

Definitely doesn't suck. You don't win MVP by being a bad QB.

(05-05-2018, 04:08 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 03:03 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Cam sucks

Actually, at one point I looked deeper into Blake vs Cam as passers and noticed they are remarkably similar. The main difference is that Cam has serious wheels, but Blake's wheels are improving.

Blake's yards per rush is crazy good for a QB. Can't imagine what it would look like if they improved.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(05-05-2018, 10:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wish the number had a thin teal outline around it.  I like the new unis though

I do think Bortles takes that next step this year and gonna go out on a limb a say he makes the Pro Bowl even as a run first team

I sincerely hope you are right.