Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles looking svelte

(05-05-2018, 12:25 PM)JNev Wrote: I know everyone is waiting for Blake to "make a jump" and so on, but even last year he was 11th in ESPN's QBR (for whatever that's worth). The fact that we still think he can grow from that says a lot. I distinctly remember him being so bad in that Titans game that I would've done anything for the Jags to make a trade, but he was so clearly a different QB past midseason last year. I'm really thinking the addition of ASJ and the massive depth we have at WR could see him take  the leap into the Top 10, especially if he's figured out how effective he can be when he tucks it and runs. Call me a blind optimist, but it's distinctly possible!

Only guys FOR SURE that are better than Blake (in no particular order):
1. Brees 2. Rodgers 3. Big Ben 4. Brady 5. Wentz 6. $30 million man Matt Ryan 7. Russell Wilson 8. Philip Rivers 9. Stafford 10. Cam? 11. Alex Smith? 12. Cousins?
The rest, you could make an argument for Blake next year over them. Not saying he's definitely better than guys like Carr, Mariota, Goff, Keenum, or Jameis, but the argument could certainly be made and it's well within the realm of possibility he has the better season of all of those guys.

Not to detract from your post at all (you assert a clear opinion) but I think many of us aren't necessarily looking for him to "take a jump" but maybe just another measurable/incremental step forward like he did last season. 

That would put him in a very good place IMO with this run game and defense supporting him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-05-2018, 04:09 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 03:03 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Cam sucks

Definitely doesn't suck. You don't win MVP by being a bad QB.

Yea he was good during the superbowl run and MVP year, but take that out and what are his a career numbers? 58% comp and 123 to 84 td to int? Pretty garbage if you ask me. While some may compare those numbers to Blake's, I like Blake better because of the career arch. Every year blake throws for a higher percentage, and has less ints. Cam is all over the place and in my opinion hasn't gotten any better from when he entered the league.

(05-05-2018, 04:09 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 03:03 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Cam sucks

Definitely doesn't suck. You don't win MVP by being a bad QB.

Tell that to Vince Young.

(05-05-2018, 12:25 PM)JNev Wrote: I know everyone is waiting for Blake to "make a jump" and so on, but even last year he was 11th in ESPN's QBR (for whatever that's worth). The fact that we still think he can grow from that says a lot. I distinctly remember him being so bad in that Titans game that I would've done anything for the Jags to make a trade, but he was so clearly a different QB past midseason last year. I'm really thinking the addition of ASJ and the massive depth we have at WR could see him take  the leap into the Top 10, especially if he's figured out how effective he can be when he tucks it and runs. Call me a blind optimist, but it's distinctly possible!

Only guys FOR SURE that are better than Blake (in no particular order):
1. Brees 2. Rodgers 3. Big Ben 4. Brady 5. Wentz 6. $30 million man Matt Ryan 7. Russell Wilson 8. Philip Rivers 9. Stafford 10. Cam? 11. Alex Smith? 12. Cousins?
The rest, you could make an argument for Blake next year over them. Not saying he's definitely better than guys like Carr, Mariota, Goff, Keenum, or Jameis, but the argument could certainly be made and it's well within the realm of possibility he has the better season of all of those guys.

Crowning Wentz now is like crowning Bortles after 2015. Also when does the legend of Rivers end? The guy hasn't made it to the playoffs in four seasons, blew the game against the Jaguars last year, and is neck and neck with Bortles when it come to turnovers.

There are a few truly elite QB in the league that actually do carry their team, the rest are getting a lot of credit for being in front of a good team and coaching staff. At this point I think that's what Rivers really is, just an upper middle tier guy that got all of his success when he was surrounded by talent.

It can't be said enough, but Bortles first four seasons were wasted with the all time worst head coach. I think it's completely fair to look at what he's done since Marrone took over as separate from what was before that.

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2018, 10:49 AM by JackCity.)

(05-06-2018, 07:59 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 04:09 PM)JackCity Wrote: Definitely doesn't suck. You don't win MVP by being a bad QB.

Yea he was good during the superbowl run and MVP year, but take that out and what are his a career numbers? 58% comp and 123 to 84 td to int? Pretty garbage if you ask me. While some may compare those numbers to Blake's, I like Blake better because of the career arch. Every year blake throws for a higher percentage, and has less ints. Cam is all over the place and in my opinion hasn't gotten any better from when he entered the league.

The thing with Cam is you always have to tack on his running stats to truly do him justice as QB. He's the most unique QB in the history of the sport. 

His accuracy isn't great. He throws bad picks but overall he doesn't "suck".  He's had nobody bar Olsen to throw to. Won MVP throwing to Jericho Cotchery and Ted Ginn (and Olson of course).  Don't mind if you prefer Blake.

(05-06-2018, 08:27 AM)JW Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 04:09 PM)JackCity Wrote: Definitely doesn't suck. You don't win MVP by being a bad QB.

Tell that to Vince Young.
 Vince young won MVP in the NFL? News to me

Lol people still blame the refs? The jags full on blew the game. I just hope Marrone learns from it.

The refs didn't help matters any.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

question, was it ever confirmed or atleast genuinely accepted that bortles did have a drinking problem?

(05-07-2018, 02:02 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: question, was it ever confirmed or atleast genuinely accepted that bortles did have a drinking problem?

Really depends on how you define problem.

Did he get arrested? Nope.

Did he get in trouble with the team? Nope.

Did he violate any league rules? Nope.

Justin Blackmon has a drinking problem.

Blake Bortles likes to have a good time.

(05-07-2018, 02:02 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: question, was it ever confirmed or atleast genuinely accepted that bortles did have a drinking problem?

No.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Did he like to partake? Sure. Did he go to rehab? Nah.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Ive heard first hand from people that attended UCF that he was a massive drinker, but that was before his time with the jags, but then those resurfaced.. if it was an issue, hopefully it isn't anymore

(05-07-2018, 02:14 PM)FBT Wrote:

No.

Then you obviously never heard from that guy whose cousin's, roommate's, girlfriend's, boss' mother totally saw Blake at the beach every afternoon, evening and night.

I think the extent of Blake's drinking "problem" was he just went to some bars. He's alluded to the fact that he doesn't do that anymore because the perception isn't good.

There is a big difference between having a drinking problem and going to the bar every weekend. I know first hand. I am a recovering alcoholic.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Wait, we're still having the discussion about how a 22/23 year old (when the rumors were biggest) millionaire used to go to bars and liked to drink a lot in college?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He finally bought that Marie Osmond diet stuff

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2018, 08:01 PM by jjgator.)

(05-05-2018, 08:35 AM)Achilles Wrote: Unrelated to the photo, I think bortles is poised to have a very good season. The team is loaded and the offense is inplemented now to focus on his strengths.

Pretty dang excited for this upcoming season.

19-0

The Jags would know if he had a drinking problem and definitely wouldn't have re-signed him if he did.

(05-07-2018, 02:58 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: Ive heard first hand from people that attended UCF that he was a massive drinker, but that was before his time with the jags, but then those resurfaced.. if it was an issue, hopefully it isn't anymore

Bruh every college guy is a massive drinker