Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Network AFCCG on now

FYI

My first time re-watching it.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2018, 07:12 PM by JAGFAN88.)

JUST STARTED

Jags defense looking good. Showed up today. Held them to 3 Smile

Fowler on the 1st NE Drive was balling

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

these coaches need to be flogged

Grant was killing them and never saw adown in the second half

bunch of halfwits

44 still won't be down

omg the holding on our DL is unbelievable

(05-05-2018, 08:00 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: omg the holding on our DL is unbelievable

This was the worst part of the officiating. Even worse than the Myles Jack play and the phantom PI.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2018, 08:11 PM by knarnn.)

Bogus PI
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Not ready to do it

The NE TD at the end of the half was so staged. Romo calling the PI against AJ Bouye obvious still has me confounded. I still did not see anything especially compared to what was allowed to happen and not be called.

yep 44 was not down again

And for sure, Jack still is not down

I totally missed how the game was called from the booth at the time. Truly the Jags were not worthy.

(05-05-2018, 07:37 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: these coaches need to be flogged

bunch of halfwits

It literally made no sense. Almost like Marrone got a message from "someone" high and mighty who was like... no more Grant.

(05-05-2018, 09:55 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 07:37 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: these coaches need to be flogged

bunch of halfwits

It literally made no sense. Almost like Marrone got a message from "someone" high and mighty who was like... no more Grant.

while i love the jags and BB5 is my QB and all that jazz. As long a Morron is still the coach i will not trust him to go for the jugular.

(05-05-2018, 10:02 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 09:55 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: It literally made no sense. Almost like Marrone got a message from "someone" high and mighty who was like... no more Grant.

while i love the jags and BB5 is my QB and all that jazz. As long a Morron is still the coach i will not trust him to go for the jugular.
I trust him because I bet he learns from that mistake.

(05-05-2018, 09:55 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: It literally made no sense. Almost like Marrone got a message from "someone" high and mighty who was like... no more Grant.

I don't get this.  

Last year, we had games of 45 and 44 ponts.  In the Baltimore game up 37+7 in the 4th quarter, Jr ran a fake punt.

The loss in the title game had more to do with poor second half field position than it did MaroneConfused unwillingness to put opponents away.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Doug and TC can overdo the "Let's not beat ourselves" strategy, although it would have paid off if that game was called evenly. The strategy usually does pay off, but against some QBs you never want to let up.

I think the addition of Andrew Norwell indicates the strategy won't change. They still want to close out games with the run. But the officiating was so skewed in that game, even if the Jags were running it for big chunks in the 4th quarter, there would have been several phantom holding calls to kill the drives. The officiating was that lopsided and not much you can do about that.

(05-05-2018, 08:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: Not ready to do it

Quite possibly never will be. That one was ours.

I get this train of thought. I find it to be way over the top, but I get it.  There was way too much "taking the foot off of the gas pedal"  in the play calling last season in 5 or 6 of the contests for my taste. 
However, I tend to assume that they'll grow from that upon review. 
(05-05-2018, 10:50 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Doug and TC can overdo the "Let's not beat ourselves" strategy, although it would have paid off if that game was called evenly.  The strategy usually does pay off, but against some QBs you never want to let up.  

I think the addition of Andrew Norwell indicates the strategy won't change.  They still want to close out games with the run.  But the officiating was so skewed in that game, even if the Jags were running it for big chunks in the 4th quarter, there would have been several phantom holding calls to kill the drives.  The officiating was that lopsided and not much you can do about that.

And here ^  is the astute observation of why that may not be changing. 

Still  -- I do believe the process of Coughlin, Marrone, and Hackett analyzing 2017 tape together has a better chance of resulting in adjustment rather than straight doubling down. 
Do they want to beat you with a power run game that you just can't stop? Yes. 
Are they going to continue to just line up blatantly obvious run formations and dare you to stop it? I'm not completely convinced they will.  (unless it's a crap run defense on the other side of the LOS)

A conference championship loss is a pretty big deal. To assume this staff is so stubborn they won't learn from the missteps that contributed to the loss seems pretty presumptuous to me. Maybe they are that block-headed, but I don't think so. 

This is (after all) the same staff that trotted out that nifty 3 wide set with Grant and Fournette in the backfield and kept the pats guessing with it for 2 quarters.  It's not a stretch to think they'll see how well that idea of theirs worked in retrospect and build upon it with this arsenal of speedy receivers.