Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Network AFCCG on now

(05-07-2018, 03:46 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 03:25 PM)JackCity Wrote: I never get why people think this is a burn. 

It's patently obvious "we" is referring to the collective you are a part of meaning the Jaguars fanbase and ergo it's team. It's pretty commonly used too.

It's not a burn. I say we all the time too.

I'm just saying, we, the fans, weren't on the field... therefore, why begrudge other fans for complaining about the god awful officiating.

You can complain about it. It's just not the main reason we lost nor is it the "only reason we lost" to me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Can't watch it. It'll just make me sick like the other Championship games we've played and lost in. I am over it at this point. Ready for the new season to start. Hopefully we're right back there in January and hopefully come May in 2019 we're talking about how awesome it was to watch this team make a Superbowl run and win it all.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The only way to overcome these types of one-sided officiating is to blow a team out.

Lol at people blaming the refs. The Jags full on blew it due to coaching. Lol. Jags were clearly the better team. Had the Jags played the Eagles in the SB Pederson would have destroyed this team. I'm praying Marrone learns from it.

(05-07-2018, 07:04 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Lol at people blaming the refs. The Jags full on blew it due to coaching. Lol. Jags were clearly the better team. Had the Jags played the Eagles in the SB Pederson would have destroyed this team. I'm praying Marrone learns from it.

I think you and others miss the point here.  Imagine if the refs called the game even, would the coaches have blown it then?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2018, 09:25 PM by JackCity.)

(05-07-2018, 08:37 PM)copycat Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 07:04 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Lol at people blaming the refs. The Jags full on blew it due to coaching. Lol. Jags were clearly the better team. Had the Jags played the Eagles in the SB Pederson would have destroyed this team. I'm praying Marrone learns from it.

I think you and others miss the point here.  Imagine if the refs called the game even, would the coaches have blown it then?

Does that include making calls they missed against us?

(05-07-2018, 09:24 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 08:37 PM)copycat Wrote: I think you and others miss the point here.  Imagine if the refs called the game even, would the coaches have blown it then?

Even puts us way ahead of where we were.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-07-2018, 08:37 PM)copycat Wrote:

Oh I get the point. I think you and others miss the point that the refs had nothing to do with the passiveness of Marrone and company in the second half. I don't even blame Blake at all, he should never even be put in a situation to win the game at the end. Coaching is the main reason they lost. It had nothing at all to do with the refs. I believe they (coaching staff) said something like they had run out of plays to use, that's why they were so vanilla in the second half. I mean what experienced coach has EVER said something like that, especially after an AFCCG. Sometimes you got to take the teal glasses off and understand the Jags blew it. I've come to terms on that.

(05-07-2018, 10:13 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 08:37 PM)copycat Wrote: I think you and others miss the point here.  Imagine if the refs called the game even, would the coaches have blown it then?
Oh I get the point. I think you and others miss the point that the refs had nothing to do with the passiveness of Marrone and company in the second half. I don't even blame Blake at all, he should never even be put in a situation to win the game at the end. Coaching is the main reason they lost. It had nothing at all to do with the refs. I believe they (coaching staff) said something like they had run out of plays to use, that's why they were so vanilla in the second half. I mean what experienced coach has EVER said something like that, especially after an AFCCG. Sometimes you got to take the teal glasses off and understand the Jags blew it. I've come to terms on that.
Coaching is the main reason this team even made it to the AFCCG.

(05-07-2018, 11:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 10:13 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Oh I get the point. I think you and others miss the point that the refs had nothing to do with the passiveness of Marrone and company in the second half. I don't even blame Blake at all, he should never even be put in a situation to win the game at the end. Coaching is the main reason they lost. It had nothing at all to do with the refs. I believe they (coaching staff) said something like they had run out of plays to use, that's why they were so vanilla in the second half. I mean what experienced coach has EVER said something like that, especially after an AFCCG. Sometimes you got to take the teal glasses off and understand the Jags blew it. I've come to terms on that.
Coaching is the main reason this team even made it to the AFCCG.
Agreed. It was clear it was a carnival around here with the ice cream guy. Marrone brought the leadership. Not talking about the reg season though, the AFCCG is the topic. The defense and offense both went passive. Ramsey and Bouye after the game were pissed by the calls. That's on the HC.

Oh give it a rest. Blake hasn't been brought up at all, yet you simply couldn't hold back in name dropping him could you?

The refs screwed us in every way they possibly could. That Myles Jack fumble recovery and should have been a walk in TD would have put us up 26-10 (pending the extra point). I have no doubts Lambo makes that extra point which puts us up 3 scores with 13 minutes left to go in the 4th quarter. That's a completely different game at that point, rather than the 20-10 game we got left at.

And as far you saying that the coaching staff said they ran out of plays to use? Unless you can provide proof of those statements, I fully believe you're full of complete [BLEEP] in saying those remarks because I can't see any coaching staff ever saying that.

You’ve all managed to rip the scab off and pour alcohol on the wound.

(05-07-2018, 09:24 PM)JackCity Wrote:

The key word is "even".

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2018, 06:37 AM by copycat.)

Not saying that we not out coached in the second half, clearly we were.  But saying the way the game was officiated had nothing to do with the loss is disingenuous.  

Moving forward though, I think we can all agree that hopefully the coaching staff learned from the loss.

(05-08-2018, 05:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: You’ve all managed to rip the scab off and pour alcohol on the wound.

You are welcome.

(05-08-2018, 06:35 AM)copycat Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 10:13 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Oh I get the point. I think you and others miss the point that the refs had nothing to do with the passiveness of Marrone and company in the second half. I don't even blame Blake at all, he should never even be put in a situation to win the game at the end. Coaching is the main reason they lost. It had nothing at all to do with the refs. I believe they (coaching staff) said something like they had run out of plays to use, that's why they were so vanilla in the second half. I mean what experienced coach has EVER said something like that, especially after an AFCCG. Sometimes you got to take the teal glasses off and understand the Jags blew it. I've come to terms on that.

Not saying that we not out coached in the second half, clearly we were.  But saying the way the game was officiated had nothing to do with the loss is disingenuous.  

Moving forward though, I think we can all agree that hopefully the coaching staff learned from the loss.

(05-08-2018, 05:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: You’ve all managed to rip the scab off and pour alcohol on the wound.

You are welcome.

I don't see anyone saying the officiating had "nothing" to do with the loss. 

Even if we had absolutely perfect calls on both sides from the ref (which is unrealistic). Are we sure the coaching staff wouldn't do the exact same thing? I'm not.

I went with salt followed by iodine.

So here's a controversial opinion: The Myles Jack call was the right one. It's like the tuck rule; the call was correct by the rule but the rule is wrong.

(05-08-2018, 04:59 PM)DragonFury Wrote: So here's a controversial opinion: The Myles Jack call was the right one. It's like the tuck rule; the call was correct by the rule but the rule is wrong.

The rule could use some adjustment.

Even if we would have lost to the Eagles, making the Superbowl is a milestone I'll take any day for this team

(05-08-2018, 04:59 PM)DragonFury Wrote: So here's a controversial opinion: The Myles Jack call was the right one. It's like the tuck rule; the call was correct by the rule but the rule is wrong.

To counter your controversial opinion, in light of all the quick whistles that occurred during the regular season against the Jags (and there were several) what happened to "let it play out and we'll sort it out later?"  

My objection to the call had the uniforms been reversed the whistle would have never been blown, right or wrong.  By blowing that quick whistle, the play is dead, no review, no chance of correcting a wrong.  Which by the way was the whole reason for instant replay.