Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryan O leaving to cover Denver.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. Ryan O'Halloran is leaving Jax to cover the Broncos. 

https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status...87489?s=19

We just need to run Oesher out of town
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why did he have to come to Denver?

I just want Oesher out.

I didn't dislike Ryan, but he has the worst radio voice in history. It's a little better on TV because there you can sometimes piece together what he is saying by reading lips and body language. On the radio, especially if Dempsey is in the room, forget it. Ryan's voice is about 15dB lower than background noise.

Why the hate for Oesher?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2018, 02:02 PM by Caldrac.)

(05-12-2018, 01:53 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I didn't dislike Ryan, but he has the worst radio voice in history.  It's a little better on TV because there you can sometimes piece together what he is saying by reading lips and body language.  On the radio, especially if Dempsey is in the room, forget it.  Ryan's voice is about 15dB lower than background noise.

Agreed on that. 110%. I didn't have anything against him (Even though he was DEAD wrong about Telvin Smith two years ago) but he just didn't sound great on the radio. He definitely didn't pull any punches though. And I can respect that.

(05-12-2018, 01:55 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Why the hate for Oesher?

He's aight. I think most people have a hard time getting into him because Vic Ketchman was the go-to man here since the beginning and he had a great run through 2011. Hard to top what Vic did.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I really liked his willingness to ask the difficult questions and to see through some of the PR fluff.

I’d prefer to hear that than “insiders” who try to paint everything in a rosy light.

He definitely wasn't a "company man". Maybe that's why he got shipped to horse country.

As for Oesher, I don't hate him. I just never got around to liking him. The self-deprecation got old fast. It isn't funny and certainly isn't authentic.

And the poor fellow is too desperate for the next meme. For every Moodachay there are 20 cringey hopefuls that never stick. It's like watching mid-80s SNL. What we need is....the perfect cheer! No, we don't.

JO is just super awkward to me when I hear him or ever watch him

The curse
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

For me personally? Spoiled by Vic. 

If you take an Oesher column and compare it to Vic, it's inverse: Oesher has more questions with shorter responses and Vic had few questions with detailed explanations. Vic is an old school journalist looking to tell a story, whereas JO is a product of the social media generation: 120 characters or less. Quality vs Quantity. I always felt Vic was teaching you something, where Oesher seems to talk because he can. I'll take the former any day of the week.

Ryan O always seemed to lack passion to me, and did not bring anything unique or special to the job. No loss with his departure.

Good. Take Johnny O with him

[Image: tumblr_o12szlRLyf1rqe0rbo1_540.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-12-2018, 03:44 PM)Last42min Wrote:

For me personally? Spoiled by Vic. 

If you take an Oesher column and compare it to Vic, it's inverse: Oesher has more questions with shorter responses and Vic had few questions with detailed explanations. Vic is an old school journalist looking to tell a story, whereas JO is a product of the social media generation: 120 characters or less. Quality vs Quantity. I always felt Vic was teaching you something, where Oesher seems to talk because he can. I'll take the former any day of the week.

Vic was so much better. I would actually read every last Vic Kethman Q&A, but it's been quite some time since I've read an O-Zone session. Vic made you want to read his stuff because you know you'll learn something.

On the flip side it could be so much worse. Some of you may recall a T-U beat writer that came to be known as "Bent Hubcap." He was the worst.
'02

(05-12-2018, 06:51 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-12-2018, 03:44 PM)Last42min Wrote: For me personally? Spoiled by Vic. 

Vic was so much better. I would actually read every last Vic Kethman Q&A, but it's been quite some time since I've read an O-Zone session. Vic made you want to read his stuff because you know you'll learn something.

On the flip side it could be so much worse. Some of you may recall a T-U beat writer that came to be known as "Bent Hubcap." He was the worst.

I will always recall with fondness him IM'ing me on the other site threatening to sue me, prompting me to post it to the regular board.  He was mad because I called him out for misreporting facts about Reggie Williams, and he said I was slandering him. Fun stuff.

Ryan O never seemed like he wanted to be here. I don’t have any hard feelings for him, but I’m not sad to see him leave

May he bring 10 years of misery to Denver just as his presence here did to us.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

“Have fun sucking” Elway is more overrated than anything in football, including Bortles.

I got so happy

Then I realized it wasn’t Johnny O that was leaving

And now I’m not so happy