Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan's Fulham FC advances to the Finals !!

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2018, 03:49 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

This is huge !!!  Shad Khan's Fulham FC team just advanced to the Finals of the English Championship League to face Aston Villa or Middlesbrough in a Championship League 1 game Final Match at Wembley Stadium.  

What does this mean?  If Fulham wins that series, they advance to the English Premier League and will face teams like Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Liverpool, and other top teams in League.

What else does this mean ?   Extreme incoming revenue surge by Shad Khan via TV revenues, attendance, etc.  His current Fulhamp FC stadium (Craven Cottage) holds 25,000 people but Wembley holds 90,000 fans and is located 8.5 miles north of Craven Cottage.  While Shad has noted, Wembley would not be used to Fulham FC matches ..... who's to say this isn't in the big picture.

Advancement to the Premier League would be huge !!!

GOOD LUCK MR. KHAN -- WE'RE ROOTING FOR FULHAM FC !!

...notice the sponsor (from last year).... Visit Florida

[Image: 630143362.0.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not Jaguars related.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Unfortunately they are not sponsored by Visit Florida any more. The state of Florida pulled funding from sports team sponsorships. They no longer sponsor the "Spirit of Florida" IMSA car either.

I actually bought one of the FFC jerseys that say Visit Florida a year or so ago. .

I really don’t know who is the favourite for the playoff final.

Villa and Fulham are both very good sides and both in good form.

I thought we might see Fulham crumble after failing to win automatic promotion and it looked worrying after the first leg against Derby, but they turned it around and now look a strong side again.

And Ryan Sessegnon is playing well enough to make the England World Cup squad. I think he might just miss out though.

The stadium is due to have its capacity increased to almost 30,000, with a new stand too.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/43486067

I love hearing this, and I sure hope they win. 
'02

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2018, 07:44 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Cool Article

"Fulham are better than West Ham and Watford... this is their time for Premier League promotion"

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal...38271.html

(05-15-2018, 07:43 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Cool Article

"Fulham are better than West Ham and Watford... this is their time for Premier League promotion"

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal...38271.html

This article was talking about the importance of winning last Monday's game which they did by beating Derby County 2-0 in leg 2 of the semi-final. Next up is the Championship Final for all the marbles. FFC is hosting Aston Villa on May 26th, and if they win they'll be promoted to the Premier League.
'02

Fulham v Aston Villa at Wembley stadium..

This game intrigues me. I think Fulham are the more exciting and explosive team out of the two. They're young and raw. Aston Villa, however, have an abundance of experience. I feel as though Fulham will be slight underdogs, but that isn't a bad thing. Especially in a game like this.

The outcome doesn't affect me in any way, I have no ties with either team.. other than the Jags owner also being the Fulham owner.. just looking forward to a good game, followed by the Champions League final.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2018, 02:01 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

On average Fulham is 2.25 to 1 whereas Aston Villa is 3.40 to 1 so Fulham is a slight favorite.

https://www.smartbets.com/football/aston-villa-fulham/

NOTE:  CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH IS AT NOON ON SATURDAY FOR USE ON EASTERN STANDARD TIME HERE IN JACKSONVILLE

(05-21-2018, 11:42 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Fulham v Aston Villa at Wembley stadium..

This game intrigues me. I think Fulham are the more exciting and explosive team out of the two. They're young and raw. Aston Villa, however, have an abundance of experience. I feel as though Fulham will be slight underdogs, but that isn't a bad thing. Especially in a game like this.

The outcome doesn't affect me in any way, I have no ties with either team.. other than the Jags owner also being the Fulham owner.. just looking forward to a good game, followed by the Champions League final.

What do you mean "followed by"? I believe the Aston Villa at Fulham game IS the Champions League final.
'02

(05-21-2018, 02:00 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: On average Fulham is 2.25 to 1 whereas Aston Villa is 3.40 to 1 so Fulham is a slight favorite.

NOTE:  CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH IS AT NOON ON SATURDAY FOR USE ON EASTERN STANDARD TIME HERE IN JACKSONVILLE

It's funny.. all the way up until yesterday the odds were pretty close between the team.. now Fulham seem to be "odds on" - but I guess with a game like this, odds and form go out the window.. it'll be whoever wants it more on the day..

I love Fulham's little ground. I remember a number of years ago I went there when Swindon Town played them in the FA Cup. Swindon had 7,000 fans there (Fulham were Premier League and Swindon League One) which was huge for a club the size of Swindon. I remember the Swindon goalkeeper David Lucas saved a penalty right in front of us and we celebrated like we'd won the game.

(05-21-2018, 08:35 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-21-2018, 11:42 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Fulham v Aston Villa at Wembley stadium..

What do you mean "followed by"? I believe the Aston Villa at Fulham game IS the Champions League final.

Championship Playoff Final = Fulham v Aston Villa
Champions League Final = Real Madrid v Liverpool...

Any ideas how to watch the game live? I don't have a cable subscription. Only thing I can find is ESPN+ which I guess is what I'm going with. $4.99/month and there's a roku app. Anybody use this before?

(05-22-2018, 11:59 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: Any ideas how to watch the game live?  I don't have a cable subscription.  Only thing I can find is ESPN+ which I guess is what I'm going with.  $4.99/month and there's a roku app.  Anybody use this before?

I looked it up the other day.  ESPN+ provides a 7 day free trial so that may be the way to go solely to get this match !!   Otherwise, I'd imagine an Irish Sports Bar like Culhanes at Atlantic Beach will have access to showing the noon match.

(05-22-2018, 01:55 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(05-21-2018, 02:00 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: On average Fulham is 2.25 to 1 whereas Aston Villa is 3.40 to 1 so Fulham is a slight favorite.

It's funny.. all the way up until yesterday the odds were pretty close between the team.. now Fulham seem to be "odds on" - but I guess with a game like this, odds and form go out the window.. it'll be whoever wants it more on the day..

I love Fulham's little ground. I remember a number of years ago I went there when Swindon Town played them in the FA Cup. Swindon had 7,000 fans there (Fulham were Premier League and Swindon League One) which was huge for a club the size of Swindon. I remember the Swindon goalkeeper David Lucas saved a penalty right in front of us and we celebrated like we'd won the game.

(05-21-2018, 08:35 PM)Jags02 Wrote: What do you mean "followed by"? I believe the Aston Villa at Fulham game IS the Champions League final.

Championship Playoff Final = Fulham v Aston Villa

Gotcha.

I take it Real Madrid and Liverpool make up the top two who are both being promoted to the Premier League?
'02

(05-23-2018, 01:17 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-22-2018, 01:55 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Championship Playoff Final = Fulham v Aston Villa

Gotcha.

I take it Real Madrid and Liverpool make up the top two who are both being promoted to the Premier League?

You're catching on.  Real Madrid and Liverpool both had a great year in the Championship League this year and got promoted up to the Premier League.

(05-23-2018, 01:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-23-2018, 01:17 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Gotcha.

You're catching on.  Real Madrid and Liverpool both had a great year in the Championship League this year and got promoted up to the Premier League.

I knew FFC was playing for that #3 spot in order to get promoted, but what I didn't know what that the #1 and #2 even played each other. I figured they were just promoted and that was it with the Playoff Final being the last game. 
'02

(05-22-2018, 11:59 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: Any ideas how to watch the game live?  I don't have a cable subscription.  Only thing I can find is ESPN+ which I guess is what I'm going with.  $4.99/month and there's a roku app.  Anybody use this before?

*cough* https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/ *cough*

(05-23-2018, 01:32 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-23-2018, 01:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: You're catching on.  Real Madrid and Liverpool both had a great year in the Championship League this year and got promoted up to the Premier League.

I knew FFC was playing for that #3 spot in order to get promoted, but what I didn't know what that the #1 and #2 even played each other. I figured they were just promoted and that was it with the Playoff Final being the last game. 

02, he's messing with you. The Champions League is an entirely different competition from the Premiership and the Championship (which Fulham is in at the moment). The latter two are domestic (English in this case) while the Champions League is continental.

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2018, 02:11 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(05-23-2018, 01:32 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-23-2018, 01:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: You're catching on.  Real Madrid and Liverpool both had a great year in the Championship League this year and got promoted up to the Premier League.

I honestly thought you were being sarcastic.

Wolverhampton (aka Wolves) and Cardiff City were promoted up as #1 and #2 while FFC is in the playoff final attempting to join them as the 3rd team up.

Liverpool (English Premier League Team) and Real Madrid (Spanish La Liga team) are competing in a much greater Champions League Tournament that is like the European Championship FINAL that culminates after an extensive playoff over the course of ~ 8 months.  It's super confusing that there are multiple tournaments going on throughout the course of an English Premier League season, Spain's La Liga Season, Germany's Bundasliga Season, and the Italian Serie A Season that run from August through May as well.

(05-23-2018, 02:06 PM)DragonFury Wrote:

*cough* https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/ *cough*

(05-23-2018, 01:32 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I knew FFC was playing for that #3 spot in order to get promoted, but what I didn't know what that the #1 and #2 even played each other. I figured they were just promoted and that was it with the Playoff Final being the last game. 

02, he's messing with you. The Champions League is an entirely different competition from the Premiership and the Championship (which Fulham is in at the moment). The latter two are domestic (English in this case) while the Champions League is continental.

Thanks. I didn't realize there was a "Championship League" and a "Champions League."

(05-23-2018, 02:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-23-2018, 01:32 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I knew FFC was playing for that #3 spot in order to get promoted, but what I didn't know what that the #1 and #2 even played each other. I figured they were just promoted and that was it with the Playoff Final being the last game. 

I honestly thought you were being sarcastic.

Wolverhampton (aka Wolves) and Cardiff City were promoted up as #1 and #2 while FFC is in the playoff final attempting to join them as the 3rd team up.

Liverpool (English Premier League Team) and Real Madrid (Spanish La Liga team) are competing in a much greater Champions League Tournament that is like the European Championship FINAL that culminates after an extensive playoff over the course of ~ 8 months.  It's super confusing that there are multiple tournaments going on throughout the course of an English Premier League season, Spain's La Liga Season, Germany's Bundasliga Season, and the Italian Serie A Season that run from August through May as well.

So Wolverhampton and Cardiff City were both promoted but don't actually play each other, right?

What do you "about 8 moths"? That's longer than an entire season.
'02

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2018, 03:30 AM by DarloJAG84.)

(05-25-2018, 01:36 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-23-2018, 02:06 PM)DragonFury Wrote: *cough* https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/ *cough*

Thanks. I didn't realize there was a "Championship League" and a "Champions League."

(05-23-2018, 02:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I honestly thought you were being sarcastic.

So Wolverhampton and Cardiff City were both promoted but don't actually play each other, right?

What do you "about 8 moths"? That's longer than an entire season.

Assuming I'm not being goaded here: The English Premier League season starts in Late August and finishes in Early May.. thus making it 9 months. The Champions League Campaign starts in July with the Preliminary Rounds.. the final is in May.. making it 10 months. However, there aren't games every week. There are Champions League weeks in which games will be played midweek in between Premier League weekend games.

Cardiff and Wolves will play each other during next years regular Premier League season but not this weekend. They both achieved automatic promotion to the Premier League during the Championship season which has just passed, finishing 1st and 2nd in the league.

Those teams who finish 3rd-6th in the English CHAMPIONSHIP League go into the playoffs which happen over 2 games (each team will play home and away). 3rd play 6th and 4th play 5th. The winners of both games play each other in the final (at Wembley) which results in the winner filling the 3rd promotion slot to the Premier League.

All of the English Leagues have confusing schedules.. for instance, if you follow a team in Leagues 1&2 (tiers 3 and 4 on the pyramid) your team will enter into the following competitions:

Their League (and playoffs if they qualify)
The FA Cup (this is a competition for all teams in England and Wales to enter, from amateur to semi pro all the way to the EPL, if an amateur team goes through the preliminary rounds through to the 3rd proper round, they could play Manchester United/Arsenal/Manchester City etc either at home or away depending on how the draw happens.)
The League Cup (this is a competition that involves all teams in the top 4 English divisions)
The EFL Trophy (this is a competition for the teams in Leagues 1&2 plus a selection of EPL teams' academies).