Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your All-Time Team

As it's the dead zone and there is nothing to talk about I thought I'd start something a little different.

Basically, pick a team of your all time favourite players to watch. Not necessarily the 'best' players, or even a balanced team, just choose the players that you have enjoyed watching the most. Obviously try to keep it to players who have been playing in your football watching life time, so if you are 18 don't go picking Jonny Unitas. I've been following football since 2001, so my team reflects that.

QB - Mike 'Ron Mexico' Vick - Terrible human being, but absolutely electric on the football field. I don't think there has been a player as exciting to watch as Vick was at his prime for those 2 or 3 years after he entered the league. Unpredictable, outrageously gifted and with the arm strength to throw it anywhere. Awesome on Madden too.

RB - Fred Taylor / MJD Combo - Totally cheating here, but that season when they both almost got 1000 yards was immense. Particularly the Colts game where we absolutely pounded them into oblivion, with Freddy running over Doss and then looking back at him. The style of both runners complemented each other so well, Taylor so elegant and smooth and Mojo with the power and burst.

FB - Mike Alstott -  Loved this guy. Hard nosed blue-collar pounder.

WR - Randy Moss - Prototype WR. Looked like a gazelle running by people and could make outrageous catches look easy. Silky player.

WR -  Steve Smith - Tough [BLEEP], I always loved seeing him take a short pass and look immediately to dish out a stiff arm to the closest player. Played with such a chip on his shoulder and would've been a nightmare for DBs. Beat you short, beat you deep, beat you up.

WR - Hines Ward - I'm sure some people will be disgusted by this pick, but again a tough [BLEEP] who was so reliable and fought so hard for every inch.

TE - Gronk - Basically a cartoon super hero playing TE.

O-Line - Can't really choose favourites. I'll just take any 5 good ones...

DE - JJ Watt - Controversial again, but at his best he was just so much fun to watch (as long at it wasn't against the Jags). Tossed people around like rag dolls and even caught TDs. Monster.

DE - Calais Campbell - Such a cool dude and played last year at the highest level any defender has ever played in Jacksonville. Totally dominant and you can see the leadership just radiating from him.

DT - John Henderson - Loved Stroud, but Big John the Baby Eater was my favourite. Loved seeing him devour players in the backfield. And the slap video.

DT - Warren Sapp - Entertaining player to watch, feel he might've been a bit overhyped but was great to watch.

OLB - Telvin Smith - 5th round pick has become one of the most consistent tacklers and big play threats in the entire league. Again, such a likable dude.

MLB - Ray Lewis - Again questionable as a human, but his presence on a football field was undeniable. Force of nature.

OLB - Paul Posluszny - Cheating again with position a bit. Prototype LB, hard working thumper who lead by example and dominated on the field.

CB - Jalen Ramsey - Everything you want in a CB. Outrageously talented with the attitude to match. Can make crazy plays on the ball and smack the **** out of opponents too.

CB - Patrick Peterson - Again just obscene talent and athletic ability. Can do anything type of player.

FS - Ed Reed - One of those defensive players that have more ball skills than 90% of offensive players. Could read the game like no other.

SS - Troy Polamalu - Damn he was entertaining with his hair flapping around as he put licks on players and went jumping over the line of scrimmage.

* Main conclusion - I feel really lucky to be able to watch this Jags Defense every week, we need to enjoy this while we can.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Vick has got to be one of the most over rated players I've ever seen.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I've been watching the NFL since the early 70's so my list would probably overshadow many of the players on yours.  As an example at running back I would say probably Walter Payton or Barry Sanders and it wouldn't even be close.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(05-21-2018, 06:11 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I've been watching the NFL since the early 70's so my list would probably overshadow many of the players on yours.  As an example at running back I would say probably Walter Payton or Barry Sanders and it wouldn't even be close.

I'm sure it would, the whole point is it's subjective, it's not who can choose the best players. Who were the most entertaining players you have watched?

maybe a biased gator fan but Tebow's one season was one of the most enjoyable seasons of all time for me.
I'll throw Terrell Owens out there too... he was just a fun player... made the game fun.

QB- Dan Marino
RB- Barry Sanders
FB- Mike Alstott
WR- Jerry Rice (Best to ever play the game. Period. If he and Montana played in today's game, Rice would put up 2,300 yards.)
WR- Randy Moss
TE- Tony Gonzalez/Shannon Sharpe
LT/RT- Tony Boselli/Leon Searcy (My homer Jags picks, although Boselli is legit).
Gonna skip interior OL.
DEs- Reggie White/J.J. Watt
DT- John Randle/Warren Sapp
OLB- Derrick Brooks, Lawrence Taylor
MLB- Zach Thomas
CBs- Deion Sanders, Darrell Green
FS- Steve Atwater
SS- Bob Sanders
PR/KR- Devin Hester
K- Sebastian Janikowski
P- Some dude who caught an errant pass at a Jags game and punted it back.
BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.

(05-21-2018, 10:58 PM)TheBmanCometh Wrote: QB- Dan Marino
RB- Barry Sanders
FB- Mike Alstott
WR- Jerry Rice (Best to ever play the game. Period. If he and Montana played in today's game, Rice would put up 2,300 yards.)
WR- Randy Moss
LT/RT- Tony Boselli/Leon Searcy (My homer Jags picks, although Boselli is legit).
Gonna skip interior OL.
MLB- Zach Thomas
FS- Steve Atwater
SS- Bob Sanders
PR/KR- Devin Hester
K- Sebastian Janikowski

Just a couple changes...

At QB I'd go with Joe Montana.

At the RB spot, I consider Jim Brown to be the best, but do you put him at RB with another FB or do you put him at FB with another RB????

At MLB, I'd go with Ray Lewis.

At P, I'd go with Ray Guy
'02

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2018, 12:50 PM by RicoTx.)

(05-22-2018, 12:12 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-21-2018, 10:58 PM)TheBmanCometh Wrote: QB- Dan Marino
RB- Barry Sanders
FB- Mike Alstott
WR- Randy Moss
Gonna skip interior OL.
MLB- Zach Thomas
FS- Steve Atwater
SS- Bob Sanders
PR/KR- Devin Hester
K- Sebastian Janikowski

Just a couple changes...

At the RB spot, I consider Jim Brown to be the best, but do you put him at RB with another FB or do you put him at FB with another RB????

Jim Brown was never a fullback in the true sense.  He may have been that size, but he was the Brown's  RB.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Since 1995 I have been watching the NFL and have rarely missed any games so I'll keep my selections from that starting year through today's time. I'll have two RB's, two TE's and three WR's on offense though.

QB: Aaron Rodgers - The best pure QB with the most well rounded game I've ever seen play. Watching old highlights of Roger Staubach makes me think Aaron Rodgers is basically a modern version of him with just a better overall arm. Green Bay's front office has failed building a better team around him though.
RB1: LaDanian Tomlinson - He was the greatest RB I've ever seen growing up. The ultimate dual weapon out of the backfield.
RB2: Marshall Faulk - Another great dual threat. From 1999 - 2001 he was an absolute terror on the field.
FB: Lorenzo Neal - He was a monster lead blocker no matter where he played.
WR1: Randy Moss - Just a [BLEEP] phenom for a long time in the NFL. Just wish he would have let go some of that ego and pride he had.
WR2: Antonio Brown - Since 2013 I don't think there's been a better WR in the NFL. Some may say that title belongs to Julio Jones but I strongly disagree. Brown plays in the elements and has produced more in the red zone.
WR3: Larry Fitzgerald - Sure handed. Solid route runner. Ultimate team player. Can't go wrong with Fitzgerald on your roster.
TE1: Tony Gonzalez - Too easy.
TE2: Rob Gronkowski - Again, just too easy.
LT: Tony Boselli - Too easy.
LG: Will Shields - Too easy.
C: Kevin Mawae - Dominated forever.
RG: Steve Hutchinson - Too easy.
RT: Jonathan Ogden - Why not?

RE: Julius Peppers - Just always been a handful off the edge. Doesn't seem like he's slowing down much even at the age of 37.
DT1: John Randle - Freak of nature. Non stop motor.
DT2: Aaron Donald - MONSTER.
LE: Jared Allen - He was always fun to watch. Another dominate player that ate QB's up for a good seven year stretch before age and injuries caught up to him.
OLB: Derrick Brooks - He was EVERYWHERE on the football field.
ILB: Ray Lewis - Too easy. The greatest linebacker of any generation. Period. He could play in any era and not miss a beat.
OLB: Junior Seau - Always around the football.
CB1: Derrell Revis - Well rounded in his prime.
CB2: Champ Bailey - Solid cover man for years.
SS: Troy Polamalu - Too easy. Well rounded. Could crush your spirit in the backfield or steal the life out of the crowd with a game changing interception.
FS: Ed Reed - Too easy. Playmaker on defense and special teams.

K: Adam Vinatieri - Clutch.
P: Shane Lechler - Dude has a mortar for a leg. Crazy.
KR: Josh Cribbs - Amazing ability.
PR: Devin Hester - Made it look too easy.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-22-2018, 12:24 PM)Rico Wrote:
(05-22-2018, 12:12 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Just a couple changes...

Jim Brown was never a fullback in the true sense.  He may have been that size, but he was the Brown's  RB.
His position was technically Full Back, but that is because Full Back was the primary running back in the Wing T.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

QB BRADY
FB CENTERS
RB TAYLOR
WR RICE
WR MOSS
WR JOHNSON
TE GRONK
LT BOSELLI
LG COLEMAN
C POUNCEY
RG LINDER
RT SEARCY

DE JARED ALLEN
DT RANDLE
DT SAPP
DE THOMAS

LB TELVIN
LB LEWIS
LB BUTKIS

CB SANDERS
CB WOODSON
FS GREEN
SS SEAN TAYLOR

That is a squad right there, big son.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2018, 11:05 AM by JAXsonVIL.)

QB - Tom Brady
RB - Barry Sanders
FB - Mike Alstott
WR - Randy Moss
WR - Terrell Owens
WR - Jimmy Smith
TE - Rob Gronkowski
LT - Tony Boselli
LG - Andrew Norwell
C - Brandon Linder
RG - Zach Martin
RT - Leon Searcy

DE - Reggie White
DE - JJ Watt
DT - John Henderson
DT - Marcus Stroud
OLB- Telvin Smith
MLB - Luke Kuechly
OLB - Thomas Davis
CB - Jalen Ramsey
CB - Deion Sanders
FS - Sean Taylor
SS - John Lynch

K - Vinatieri
P - ???

(05-22-2018, 03:27 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Since 1995 I have been watching the NFL and have rarely missed any games so I'll keep my selections from that starting year through today's time. I'll have two RB's, two TE's and three WR's on offense though.

QB: Aaron Rodgers - The best pure QB with the most well rounded game I've ever seen play. Watching old highlights of Roger Staubach makes me think Aaron Rodgers is basically a modern version of him with just a better overall arm. Green Bay's front office has failed building a better team around him though.
RB1: LaDanian Tomlinson - He was the greatest RB I've ever seen growing up. The ultimate dual weapon out of the backfield.
RB2: Marshall Faulk - Another great dual threat. From 1999 - 2001 he was an absolute terror on the field.
FB: Lorenzo Neal - He was a monster lead blocker no matter where he played.
WR1: Randy Moss - Just a [BLEEP] phenom for a long time in the NFL. Just wish he would have let go some of that ego and pride he had.
WR2: Antonio Brown - Since 2013 I don't think there's been a better WR in the NFL. Some may say that title belongs to Julio Jones but I strongly disagree. Brown plays in the elements and has produced more in the red zone.
WR3: Larry Fitzgerald - Sure handed. Solid route runner. Ultimate team player. Can't go wrong with Fitzgerald on your roster.  
TE1: Tony Gonzalez - Too easy.
TE2: Rob Gronkowski - Again, just too easy.
LT: Tony Boselli - Too easy.
LG: Will Shields - Too easy.
C: Kevin Mawae - Dominated forever.
RG: Steve Hutchinson - Too easy.
RT: Jonathan Ogden - Why not?

RE: Julius Peppers - Just always been a handful off the edge. Doesn't seem like he's slowing down much even at the age of 37.
DT1: John Randle - Freak of nature. Non stop motor.
DT2: Aaron Donald - MONSTER.
LE: Jared Allen - He was always fun to watch. Another dominate player that ate QB's up for a good seven year stretch before age and injuries caught up to him.
OLB: Derrick Brooks - He was EVERYWHERE on the football field.
ILB: Ray Lewis - Too easy. The greatest linebacker of any generation. Period. He could play in any era and not miss a beat.
OLB: Junior Seau - Always around the football.
CB1: Derrell Revis - Well rounded in his prime.
CB2: Champ Bailey - Solid cover man for years.
SS: Troy Polamalu - Too easy. Well rounded. Could crush your spirit in the backfield or steal the life out of the crowd with a game changing interception.
FS: Ed Reed - Too easy. Playmaker on defense and special teams.

K: Adam Vinatieri - Clutch.
P: Shane Lechler - Dude has a mortar for a leg. Crazy.
KR: Josh Cribbs - Amazing ability.
PR: Devin Hester - Made it look too easy.
Aside from QB, this list is legit! I might let Montana squeak in there at QB. The dude was as mobile and accurate than anyone in his prime.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(05-26-2018, 11:04 AM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: QB - Tom Brady
RB - Barry Sanders
FB - Mike Alstott
WR - Randy Moss
WR - Terrell Owens
WR - Jimmy Smith
TE - Rob Gronkowski
LT - Tony Boselli
LG - Andrew Norwell
C - Brandon Linder
RG - Zach Martin
RT - Leon Searcy

DE - Reggie White
DE - JJ Watt
DT - John Henderson
DT - Marcus Stroud
OLB- Telvin Smith
MLB - Luke Kuechly
OLB - Thomas Davis
CB - Jalen Ramsey
CB - Deion Sanders
FS - Sean Taylor
SS - John Lynch

K - Vinatieri
P - ???

I loved John Lynch too, such a punisher. Could you imagine how many flags would be thrown on him in today's NFL?

(05-27-2018, 12:25 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(05-26-2018, 11:04 AM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: QB - Tom Brady
RB - Barry Sanders
FB - Mike Alstott
WR - Randy Moss
WR - Terrell Owens
WR - Jimmy Smith
TE - Rob Gronkowski
LT - Tony Boselli
LG - Andrew Norwell
C - Brandon Linder
RG - Zach Martin
RT - Leon Searcy

DE - Reggie White
DE - JJ Watt
DT - John Henderson
DT - Marcus Stroud
OLB- Telvin Smith
MLB - Luke Kuechly
OLB - Thomas Davis
CB - Jalen Ramsey
CB - Deion Sanders
FS - Sean Taylor
SS - John Lynch

K - Vinatieri
P - ???

I loved John Lynch too, such a punisher. Could you imagine how many flags would be thrown on him in today's NFL?

Probably a lot. Loved that era of the game.

Ill keep Jaguars off this list as im more than a tad biased.

QB: Dan Marino
RB: Barry Sanders
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Randy Moss
Slot: Steve Breaston
LT: Joe Thomas
LG: Mike Iupati
C: Kevin Mawae
RG: Leonard Davis
RT: Jackie Slater
TE: Tony Gonzalez

DE: Julius Peppers
DT: John Randle
DT: Kris Jenkins
DE: Mario Williams
SLB: Adalius Thomas
MLB: Jon Beason
WLB: Derrick Brooks
CB: Nnamdi Asomugha
SS: John Lynch
FS: Sean Taylor
CB: Jason Sehorn

I know a few stick out like sore thumbs among the greats but i just really enjoyed watching them play.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2018, 07:57 AM by HolsterHusto.)

I’m going to do mine with a Jaguars theme because I don’t care about the rest of the NFL.

QB - Brunell, Garrard, Bortles
RB - Taylor, Jones-Drew, Fournette
FB - Jones, Owens (ST)
WR - Smith, Robinson
WR - McCardell, Hurns
TE - Lewis, Brady, Mitchell
LT - Boselli, Monroe
LG - Norwell, Manuwai, Coleman
C - Meester
RG - Linder, Naeole
RT - Searcy, Williams

DE - Brackens, Ngakoue
DT - Stroud, Jackson, Walker, Marks
DT - Henderson
DE - Campbell, Simmons
WLB - T.Smith, Jack
MLB - Peterson, Posluszny, Nickerson
SLB - Kardy, D.Smith
CB - Ramsey, Beasley
FS - Lake, Gipson
SS - Darius, Grant
CB - Mathis, Bouye

K - Scobee
P - Barker
LS - Zelenka
RS - Barlow

[quote pid='1128021' dateline='1526957902']
QB- Tom Brady
RB- OJ Simpson
FB- Earl Campbell
WR- Lance Alworth
WR- Randy Moss
TE- Gronk
LT/RT- Walter Jones
Gonna skip interior OL- me too
DEs- Calais Campbell/J.J. Watt
DT- None stand out enough to list..so many good ones
OLB- Tedy Bruschi/Lawrence Taylor