Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey and AJ Bouye miss start of OTA's

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2018, 11:15 AM by UCF Knight.)

I just had an alert on my phone that both Ramsey and Bouye have skipped the start of ota's.

I couldn't find anything else about it anywhere online though.  This could be interesting.

Found it: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27772...guars-otas

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-22-2018, 11:09 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: I just had an alert on my phone that both Ramsey and Bouye have skipped the start of ota's.

I couldn't find anything else about it anywhere online though.  This could be interesting.

Found it:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27772...guars-otas

Hmm, strange as it can't be about money.  Maybe they had specialized/individual practices that conflicted.

I know we always expect 100 percent participation for these voluntary workouts, but they still are voluntary. The coaches can't say a word.

BTW, John Henderson as I recall at least, never attended an OTA. The same goes for that white defensive end who came over from the Eagles... I'm struggling to recall his name. He had the super hot wife.
'02

I’m assuming they are working out together. If so not a big deal.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Regardless of why they aren't there, they will answer to Doug nontheless

"I have spoken to both of them," said head coach Doug Marrone. "One thing that I'm big on is not try to create messages through the media. But I've spoken to both of them. When the time is right, I'm sure they'll explain their reasons."

They weren’t the only no-shows.

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/nfl/jagu...begin-otas

(05-22-2018, 12:22 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I know we always expect 100 percent participation for these voluntary workouts, but they still are voluntary. The coaches can't say a word.

BTW, John Henderson as I recall at least, never attended an OTA. The same goes for that white defensive end who came over from the Eagles... I'm struggling to recall his name. He had the super hot wife.

Jason Babin, still lives in Ponte Vedra
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(05-22-2018, 01:27 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...9053974528

I can understand why Ramsey, Jack and Bouye would skip voluntary workouts. But you would think Yeldon, Smoot, Cann and Bohanon would be there. Cann's starting job could be on the line this year during training camp. Yeldon shouldn't feel too comfortable even with Ivory gone now. Smoot is a 2nd year guy that was a 3rd RD pick last year. He might want to show up even if it's voluntary. 

Bohanon at FB may be safe but you never know. Of course all of those guys could have legitimate reasons as to why they're missing it. But if they don't. Doesn't make a ton of sense.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-22-2018, 02:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-22-2018, 01:27 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...9053974528

I can understand why Ramsey, Jack and Bouye would skip voluntary workouts. But you would think Yeldon, Smoot, Cann and Bohanon would be there. Cann's starting job could be on the line this year during training camp. Yeldon shouldn't feel too comfortable even with Ivory gone now. Smoot is a 2nd year guy that was a 3rd RD pick last year. He might want to show up even if it's voluntary. 

Bohanon at FB may be safe but you never know. Of course all of those guys could have legitimate reasons as to why they're missing it. But if they don't. Doesn't make a ton of sense.

Agreed. 

Maybe Smoot's reason has to do with the cast on his arm, who knows. I am most surprised about Cann. I have a feeling Cann plays much better mainly because he is in a contract year. You got to assume he is going to give it his all and elevate his game a bit. You'd think he would want to be there, but maybe these guys are off training hard somewhere else. Or maybe they remember how hard last offseason was and don't want to show up lol.

Lol.... when we sucked, everyone would show up. Heck, most of those guys were just happy to have a job. Remember the year that we didn't have a single SEC player on the team .... thanks Gene, at least we knew your guys would be here in May for us.

This is nothing. See Fred Taylor

Jags have one decent year now they think they dont need coaching. Entitlement

(05-22-2018, 04:58 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Jags have one decent year now they think they dont need coaching. Entitlement
They definitely don't need it as badly as Adoree Jackson does.  Truth.

(05-22-2018, 03:08 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(05-22-2018, 02:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I can understand why Ramsey, Jack and Bouye would skip voluntary workouts. But you would think Yeldon, Smoot, Cann and Bohanon would be there. Cann's starting job could be on the line this year during training camp. Yeldon shouldn't feel too comfortable even with Ivory gone now. Smoot is a 2nd year guy that was a 3rd RD pick last year. He might want to show up even if it's voluntary. 

Agreed. 

Maybe Smoot's reason has to do with the cast on his arm, who knows. I am most surprised about Cann. I have a feeling Cann plays much better mainly because he is in a contract year. You got to assume he is going to give it his all and elevate his game a bit. You'd think he would want to be there, but maybe these guys are off training hard somewhere else. Or maybe they remember how hard last offseason was and don't want to show up lol.

That's true LOL. I forgot about that. Marrone and his staff really did kick this team's [BLEEP] into shape last year during the summer time. I wouldn't want to show up voluntarily either for an [BLEEP] kicking.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-22-2018, 04:58 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Jags have one decent year now they think they dont need coaching. Entitlement

The troll is weak in this one.

To the topic, this is such a non-story.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Didn't Bouye and Ramsey miss the bulk of off-season work until like the 3rd week of preseadpr last year? Not worried .

Super non-issue lol

(05-22-2018, 02:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

According to DiRocco, Ramsey and Bouye are the only 2 not there, the rest are just not participating.  Guessing must be some sort of minor injury issues to them.

Here's the text from the tweet, was too lazy to go on twitter and find the tweet so I'm just taking it from ESPN.com:

CBs Jalen Ramsey and A.J. Bouye are the only Jaguars not present at first voluntary OTA. Several other players were not participating: LB Myles Jack, RB T.J. Yeldon, DE Dawuane Smoot, DE Dante Fowler, S Tashaun Gipson. Jaguars are off Wednesday and are back on the field Thursday and Friday.