Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texans News: April/May '18 Topics Merged

Patrick Peterson: Tyrann Mathieu to have 'big year'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...e-big-year

Tyrann Mathieu no longer plays for the Arizona Cardinals, but former teammate Patrick Peterson is confident Mathieu will have "a really big year" with the Houston Texans.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Texans release veteran offensive tackle Derek Newton

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...rek-newton

The Texans released veteran OT Derek Newton, capping an injury-plagued final two seasons in Houston. Newton has been working to make a comeback since rupturing his patellar tendon midway through the 20

So.

Texans' Deshaun Watson: 'My game's not changing'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...t-changing

Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson lit the NFL on fire in his rookie season as a dual-threat wunderkind in six starts before tearing his ACL.

Texans add weapon for Watson, draft WR Keke Coutee

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...eke-coutee

The Houston Texans got Deshaun Watson a weapon with their fourth-round pick on Saturday, drafting Texas Tech wideout Keke Coutee.

Texans' J.J. Watt feels 'great' in rehab from injury

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...rom-injury

Almost seven months after suffering a left tibial plateau fracture, Texans defensive end J.J. Watt is on the mend. "I feel very good," the 2015 Defensive Player of the Year says.

Toast
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

He's done. He will have some flashes, but his consistency and burst off the ball is over.

Further, I saw on PFT that the Texans are 10-1 to make the Super Bowl, third in the league in the odds. Interesting considering they were 4-12 last year, have a qb coming off a torn ACL, and their best defensive player hurt again for the second season. The Jags were 11-1.

(05-08-2018, 08:45 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: He's done.  He will have some flashes, but his consistency and burst off the ball is over.

Further, I saw on PFT that the Texans are 10-1 to make the Super Bowl, third in the league in the odds.  Interesting considering they were 4-12 last year, have a qb coming off a torn ACL, and their best defensive player hurt again for the second season.  The Jags were 11-1.

He's been done since the back injury.  The leg is just icing on the cake.  A guy that has a serious back injury and is getting constantly beat on by 300-pound offensive linemen doesn't have much of a chance of a full recovery.

I'm sure some Texans' fans will be here shortly to say how wrong I/we are.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Sad, he was so good. He'll be just a shell of his former self.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2018, 07:01 PM by realtorpat.)

I won an avatar bet last year about watt not reaching 10 sacks.  They never paid up I want justice!

(10-01-2017, 01:20 AM)realtorpat Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 12:18 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: God, I'm going to love this thread in a few weeks...shadow of his former self. Ok. Y'all read way to much into stats. Watch the explosion, it's there now and has only got better. He basically just finished week 3 of preseason.. Texans have been extremely cautious with him.

I bet he finishes with double digit sacks this season..any one want to take that avatar bet? Especially now that we have Watson who can put up points. Any takers? Y'all said he's finished right?

And no way in hell would he retire at the end of this season unless another back injury happens..

I'll take the avatar bet.  he will not make double digit sacks.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDDo9cOioXuOUSj5NuxQR...0KmgWS1LcJ]
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

This thread now contains merged threads of bot-generated tinhorns news.