Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Top 100, Nos. 41-50: Deshaun Watson makes his mark

Top 100, Nos. 41-50: Deshaun Watson makes his mark

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...s-his-mark

Deshaun Watson has played less than half a season in the NFL, but that hasn't stopped the young Houston Texans quarterback from making an impact among his peers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lol.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Probably the biggest joke on that whole list honestly

He showed flashes, but come on man! This list is becoming tainted.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Remember when Bortles was on this list? Now everyone around the league trashes him. Good times.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

In his defense i think he had better numbers than marriota and only played six games...
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(05-29-2018, 06:36 AM)archer56 Wrote: In his defense i think he had better numbers than marriota and only played six games...

Well Mariota shouldn't be on there either...
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Yeah. Come on. This list is officially meaningless.

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2018, 02:29 PM by JaG4LyFe.)

lol...no50.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

There is nothing wrong with him being number 50 on the list. Y'all are just hating. If he didn't get hurt the guy would've been top 5 to 10...He led the entire league in passing and TDs and was on pace to break the record as a rookie. 50 is fine.

(05-29-2018, 02:57 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: There is nothing wrong with him being number 50 on the list. Y'all are just hating. If he didn't get hurt the guy would've been top 5 to 10...He led the entire league in passing and TDs and was on pace to break the record as a rookie. 50 is fine.

So what if we're hating? You're just loving. An honest person could not say that Watson was the 50th best player in the NFL last season. So many good players in the NFL, Watson was not one of the 100 best. Many players have a few good games that doesn't make them great or even good.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

Last year's #50 was Mariota.

I'm thinking we'll see a similar regression from Watson this year as Mariota had last year.

(05-29-2018, 03:06 PM)AlsJagsFan Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 02:57 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: There is nothing wrong with him being number 50 on the list. Y'all are just hating. If he didn't get hurt the guy would've been top 5 to 10...He led the entire league in passing and TDs and was on pace to break the record as a rookie. 50 is fine.

So what if we're hating? You're just loving. An honest person could not say that Watson was the 50th best player in the NFL last season. So many good players in the NFL, Watson was not one of the 100 best. Many players have a few good games that doesn't make them great or even good.

So the players that voted for him aren't honest? Okay

When you pass 1,700 yards for 19 TDs (almost what Bortles had all season) and run for another 270 yards in only 6.5 games it makes you one of the top 100 players.. that isn't "loving", that is facts. Houston had the #1 offense in the NFL with Watson at QB...without him they were dead freaking last in the league in offense. One player doesn't cause that kind of split in team ranking unless he's one of the top 100 players in the NFL. Sorry, but the only people who have a issue with his spot on the list are divisional fans.

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2018, 04:40 PM by AlsJagsFan.)

(05-29-2018, 04:07 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 03:06 PM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: So what if we're hating? You're just loving. An honest person could not say that Watson was the 50th best player in the NFL last season. So many good players in the NFL, Watson was not one of the 100 best. Many players have a few good games that doesn't make them great or even good.

So the players that voted for him aren't honest? Okay

When you pass 1,700 yards for 19 TDs (almost what Bortles had all season) and run for another 270 yards in only 6.5 games it makes you one of the top 100 players.. that isn't "loving", that is facts. Houston had the #1 offense in the NFL with Watson at QB...without him they were dead freaking last in the league in offense. One player doesn't cause that kind of split in team ranking unless he's one of the top 100 players in the NFL. Sorry, but the only people who have a issue with his spot on the list are divisional fans.

No that makes you one of the top 100 players in that 6.5 games, as for the season? The season is longer than 6.5 games. I have no issues with him being on a top 100 list, if he can play for a full season.

As for the implication that I am making this post because I am a divisional fan, my favorite player in the league is JJ Watt he has it all on and off the field. Just saying.

(05-29-2018, 03:32 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Last year's #50 was Mariota.

I'm thinking we'll see a similar regression from Watson this year as Mariota had last year.

Not to mention the fact that Watson has ripped both of his ACLs within the past 5 years.

Even if his mobility isn't totally shot, the dude's running is going to resemble the likes of Byron Leftwich @ Marshall.

[Image: 200w.webp]

(05-29-2018, 04:33 PM)AlsJagsFan Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 04:07 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: So the players that voted for him aren't honest? Okay

No that makes you one of the top 100 players in that 6.5 games, as for the season? The season is longer than 6.5 games. I have no issues with him being on a top 100 list, if he can play for a full season.

As for the implication that I am making this post because I am a divisional fan, my favorite player in the league is JJ Watt he has it all on and off the field. Just saying.

No where does it say that you have to play a full season to be on the list.

(05-29-2018, 04:44 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 03:32 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Last year's #50 was Mariota.

Not to mention the fact that Watson has ripped both of his ACLs within the past 5 years.

Even if his mobility isn't totally shot, the dude's running is going to resemble the likes of Byron Leftwich @ Marshall.

[Image: 200w.webp]

Lol, Watson could have both legs amputated and he still wouldn't resemble Byron Leftwich's mobility. Everything about that guy was slow..even his release. It took him so long to even throw the ball he was probably the easiest QB to sack in the NFL.

The good thing about Watson is even if he has lost a step he isn't just a running QB. He's a passing QB who can run and He'll still have above average mobility. I don't really want him running around anyways...he just needs mobility in the pocket.

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2018, 05:42 PM by Caldrac.)

Not surprised at all by this ranking. A lot of these rankings are also projections too from around the NFL among the players.That year where Bortles set all the franchise marks in passing is what got everybody thinking he could take that next step. He regressed. It can go either way for Watson. But seeing him dead in the middle at No. 50 after missing most of the year shouldn't surprise too many people. He was arguably playing at an MVP level. They flat out got robbed in New England last minute where Cooks didn't maintain possession of that TD "catch".
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think it's going to look like a really stupid rank in about six months, but after his 2017 he was more deserving of being #50 than Mariota was for 2016.

That JJ Watt was on the list at all after doing nothing for literally years shows what the ranking is really worth.

As a Jaguars fan I hope he flames out ala Vince Young but, as a nole I've been sick of this freaking guy for 4+ years.

Hope they figure him out.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]