Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Just so we're clear, Brock Osweiler was so bad that the Texans traded Osweiler, a 2nd rd pick, and two firsts to ...

https://twitter.com/IanKenyonNFL/status/...9304373249

Seems like the Texans have made some bad decisions the past few years. I don't see them making the playoffs with Savage or a rookie QB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:https://twitter.com/IanKenyonNFL/status/...9304373249

Seems like the Texans have made some bad decisions the past few years. I don't see them making the playoffs with Savage or a rookie QB.

The Texans saved $10 million in Cap space...which will allow them to sign Hopkins to an extension.  Also........If you get your QB, then it is worth it.   They will have more money next season to sign Clowney to an extension.   It is better to admit your mistake and try to correct it...than to continue to lie to yourself and fanbase (Blake Bortles).

Quote:The Texans saved $10 million in Cap space...which will allow them to sign Hopkins to an extension.  Also........If you get your QB, then it is worth it.   They will have more money next season to sign Clowney to an extension.   It is better to admit your mistake and try to correct it...than to continue to lie to yourself and fanbase (Blake Bortles).

The Bortles and Osweiler situation isn't comparable. The Jaguars didn't guarantee Bortles 37 million and then give up a second round pick to unload him. You shouldn't have signed him to begin with. That's terrible. Now, you've given up a future first round pick for somebody that you hope is going to be the guy. Either way, congrats on finishing in third place in the division this year.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2017, 04:41 PM by pirkster.)

I'm not ashamed. The Texans have done some stupid [BLEEP] the last couple of years...

& still swept the Jags & the Colts.

ImATexan

Quote:I'm not ashamed. The Texans have done some stupid [BAD WORD REMOVED] the last couple of years...

& still swept the Jags & the Colts.

That is quite an accomplishment.

Rumors have it he is looking decent in Browns camp. But no one is trying to hit him and we saw how flustered he gets.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

The situation with them is interesting. I am not sure what to make of it. Regardless of their situation at QB it hasn't seemed to slow them down too much during the regular season in this division.

I do think though that their window is closing because with Luck coming back presumably at full health and with Mariota getting some more weapons this off-season to go to on the outside. Both of those teams should be looking at probably 1 - 3 more wins per year at the moment.

Then there's us. Talent is there on offense and defense. The only thing slowing us down is the QB play and running game. If those come into effect this year it's a toss up. And I really believe that. We could be 6 - 10 or 10 - 6 this year.

(06-05-2017, 02:16 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: Rumors have it he is looking decent in Browns camp. But no one is trying to hit him and we saw how flustered he gets.

Not that I think Osweiler will replicate Manning or even Brian Sipe in Cleveland, but he should have a much improved and solid OL in front of him.

In fact, on paper, I'd say they were much better than ours.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Just so we're clear.. Osweiller stinked on ice and Houston still won the division in back to back years. Not sure if that is a testament to how solid their Defense has been or an indictment on how bad the AFC South has been. But for the first time in years, I feel like every team in the division is getting better which is a great thing. In order to be the best, you need to beat the best. Aside from an Indy run in 2014, the AFC South has been little more than a speed bump lately in the playoffs for other teams to roll right over.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Meanwhile, the Browns appear to be loving Osweiler, and there's a chance he could start for them.
'02

(06-11-2017, 01:03 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Meanwhile, the Browns appear to be loving Osweiler, and there's a chance he could start for them.

And thus the cycle repeats itself....again.

Farve was not good n Atlanta and was traded to Green Bay and it worked. So you never know.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags