Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MSM implies Melania's absence from the public eye is due to DT physically abusing her

(06-08-2018, 04:08 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 04:03 PM)pirkster Wrote: Handing out fish, vs teaching how to fish.  Not hard to understand.  Being personally responsible vs demanding someone else be responsible for you.

In a nutshell, the modern left seek to control/dictate others' thoughts/behavior.  The right is about freedom, with freedom from oppressive government being at the top of the list.  It's the purpose of our Constitution - limiting the power of government over the individual.

lol ... we're good, they're bad. That it? How simplistic. Of course someone could turn right around and define the Right as fascism and the Left as personal freedom.

Patting yourself on the back and accusing anyone who disagrees makes you look childish and insecure.

And Trivial comes across as about eleven years old. He's going to hold his breath and turn blue unless you acknowledge how he knows The Truth.

Grow up.

Your history has proven yourself to be the biggest projectionist on the board.  It becomes more clear with each post.

Every. Single. Post.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-08-2018, 12:01 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 01:08 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Just shows you what it's like living in Trump World. Donald doesn't even think it's weird that he has to post on Twitter that his wife is still alive and well.

And Donald bemoaning the (fake) conspiracies floating around. Donald - the King of (fake) Conspiracies.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Nope.

You're just describing what "your kind" is experiencing living in so-called "Trump World."

In reality, things haven't been better.

For those living in fantasy land, it's TDS 24/7.  See above.

(06-08-2018, 10:40 AM)rollerjag Wrote: Give me a break. the current POTUS lowered the bar on discourse to these unprecedented levels. He can stew in the juice he helped create. 

Nixon and Johnson were burned in effigy, absolutely reviled by their detractors. 

Two tweets, one related to Presidential claims of immunity, the other from Rolling Freaking Stone, and Trumpette snowflakes toss up their hands in protest that the evil MSM is crossing the line, cued by a report from a major MSM outlet. And if this isn't ironic enough, they double down.

Complete and utter TDS.

It's as if Rip Van Rollerjag slept through the entire 8 years of the previous administration.

Complete horse [BLEEP] from you, as usual. You can't defend the lack of substance from the OP, so you fall back on TDS again. The previous administration has nothing to do with the subject of the thread, as much as you'd like to derail it for your purposes.

So...is Rolling Stone magazine MSM? No. Fox News? Yes. Was the second tweet addressing a different topic? Yes. Were there a flood of reports and opinions from "the left" suggesting Trump abuses his wife? No. 

Stay focused pirkster, it's not hard.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(06-08-2018, 04:03 PM)pirkster Wrote: Handing out fish, vs teaching how to fish.  Not hard to understand.  Being personally responsible vs demanding someone else be responsible for you.

In a nutshell, the modern left seek to control/dictate others' thoughts/behavior.  The right is about freedom, with freedom from oppressive government being at the top of the list.  It's the purpose of our Constitution - limiting the power of government over the individual.
It's interesting you should bring up handing out fish versus teaching how to fish. If you're Christian you might be interested to know that Jesus at least twice did one of the two, but is never recorded doing the other.  You may be interested to know that that proverb about teaching a man to fish is not in the Bible.
That point aside, you may, like our President, not be a Christian.
It's also an interesting charge about dictating thoughts and behavior, and freedom from the government.  Do I have the freedom to kneel or give a black power salute during the national anthem? If I feel like some white people are behaving badly because they are subconsciously racist, am I free to tell them so? If I think Israel needs to change it's behavior, am I free to boycott them until they do so?
In what sense does you feel like these political opponents of yours are trying to dictate your thoughts? How would that even be possible?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-08-2018, 08:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:

It's interesting you should bring up handing out fish versus teaching how to fish. If you're Christian you might be interested to know that Jesus at least twice did one of the two, but is never recorded doing the other.  You may be interested to know that that proverb about teaching a man to fish is not in the Bible.
That point aside, you may, like our President, not be a Christian.
It's also an interesting charge about dictating thoughts and behavior, and freedom from the government.  Do I have the freedom to kneel or give a black power salute during the national anthem? If I feel like some white people are behaving badly because they are subconsciously racist, am I free to tell them so? If I think Israel needs to change it's behavior, am I free to boycott them until they do so?
In what sense does you feel like these political opponents of yours are trying to dictate your thoughts? How would that even be possible?

Thats enough of the religious discussion, thanks!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(06-08-2018, 10:40 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 09:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well, yeah, has any President had the media out there ginning up a story that he's abusing his wife? Even Nixon, hated as he was, didn't have to deal with this kind of low brow behavior from his opponents.

Give me a break. the current POTUS lowered the bar on discourse to these unprecedented levels. He can stew in the juice he helped create. 

Nixon and Johnson were burned in effigy, absolutely reviled by their detractors. 

Two tweets, one related to Presidential claims of immunity, the other from Rolling Freaking Stone, and Trumpette snowflakes toss up their hands in protest that the evil MSM is crossing the line, cued by a report from a major MSM outlet. And if this isn't ironic enough, they double down.
Trying to stay out of this one RJ however I recall an episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live where he absolutely made fun of her accent while she was reading a story to children.  I mean really?  Her accent?  Even a casual observer can see the far leaning left have jumped the shark on Melania.  I personally compare her to Jackie Kennedy on how she is handling the First Lady responsibilities.  One revered, one reviled.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(06-08-2018, 09:02 PM)copycat Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 10:40 AM)rollerjag Wrote: Give me a break. the current POTUS lowered the bar on discourse to these unprecedented levels. He can stew in the juice he helped create. 

Trying to stay out of this one RJ however I recall an episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live where he absolutely made fun of her accent while she was reading a story to children.  I mean really?  Her accent?  Even a casual observer can see the far leaning left have jumped the shark on Melania.  I personally compare her to Jackie Kennedy on how she is handling the First Lady responsibilities.  One revered, one reviled.

Your input is valued, as always. I watch a lot of the political comedy shows, most take a sympathetic view of Melania, as they should. But ask yourself this, who opened up the door on this, who lowered the bar?

Didn't we have a regular post here that Michelle Obama looks like an ape?

My point in this thread is not the above, but that the OP is misleading in a way much more harmful than the myth of some media campaign to depict Trump as a spouse abuser.
- Bob Marley

If some would continue to pretend otherwise, they should self reflect.

In the spirit of self reflection, can you give an example of someone on the left trying to control or dictate your thoughts, pirkster? How is it possible for on person to control another person's thoughts?

(06-11-2018, 02:45 PM)mikesez Wrote:

In the spirit of self reflection, can you give an example of someone on the left trying to control or dictate your thoughts, pirkster? How is it possible for on person to control another person's thoughts?

The irony here is a misleading article caused so little self reflection, they instead took the bait and swallowed the fish.
- Bob Marley

Easy. The whole concept of "hate crime" is a means of meting out punishment based on the perceived thoughts of the accused.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-11-2018, 05:30 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 02:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: In the spirit of self reflection, can you give an example of someone on the left trying to control or dictate your thoughts, pirkster? How is it possible for on person to control another person's thoughts?

Easy. The whole concept of "hate crime" is a means of meting out punishment based on the perceived thoughts of the accused.

1) You're not pirkster

2) In the US you can't be prosecuted for merely feeling or stating hate, but you have to commit a violent act or explicitly incite that violent act before prosecution might begin.  I don't think that's a good example of wanting to "dictate or control the thoughts of others." Hate crimes prosecution is a question of thoughts with actions, never just thoughts.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2018, 07:41 PM by copycat.)

(06-11-2018, 01:01 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 09:02 PM)copycat Wrote: Trying to stay out of this one RJ however I recall an episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live where he absolutely made fun of her accent while she was reading a story to children.  I mean really?  Her accent?  Even a casual observer can see the far leaning left have jumped the shark on Melania.  I personally compare her to Jackie Kennedy on how she is handling the First Lady responsibilities.  One revered, one reviled.

Your input is valued, as always. I watch a lot of the political comedy shows, most take a sympathetic view of Melania, as they should. But ask yourself this, who opened up the door on this, who lowered the bar?

My point in this thread is not the above, but that the OP is misleading in a way much more harmful than the myth of some media campaign to depict Trump as a spouse abuser.
#1  Yes DJT is a lightning rod but that hardly excuses the shall we say callous speculation on his family.

#2  We did and if my memory is correct was he not chastised by both sides of the isle?

#3  Standing in the check out isle today the cover of I believe "In Touch" (for the record I am not familiar with this magazine) was speculating on the real reason Melania has been absent.  Of coarse these "rags" do go out of their way to sell their product so I take that with a grain of salt.

I just wish everyone regardless of political affiliation would leave the family's of our politicians alone.

(06-11-2018, 07:15 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 05:30 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

1) You're not pirkster

2) In the US you can't be prosecuted for merely feeling or stating hate, but you have to commit a violent act or explicitly incite that violent act before prosecution might begin.  I don't think that's a good example of wanting to "dictate or control the thoughts of others." Hate crimes prosecution is a question of thoughts with actions, never just thoughts.

Point of contention here, didn't the Supreme Court just have ruling concerning a baker not wanting to bake a cake?  Maybe I missed the mark here but it kind of feels the same way.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(06-11-2018, 07:36 PM)copycat Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 01:01 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Your input is valued, as always. I watch a lot of the political comedy shows, most take a sympathetic view of Melania, as they should. But ask yourself this, who opened up the door on this, who lowered the bar?

#1  Yes DJT is a lightning rod but that hardly excuses the shall we say callous speculation on his family.

#2  We did and if my memory is correct was he not chastised by both sides of the isle?

#3  Standing in the check out isle today the cover of I believe "In Touch" (for the record I am not familiar with this magazine) was speculating on the real reason Melania has been absent.  Of coarse these "rags" do go out of their way to sell their product so I take that with a grain of salt.

I just wish everyone regardless of political affiliation would leave the family's of our politicians alone.

(06-11-2018, 07:15 PM)mikesez Wrote: 1) You're not pirkster

Point of contention here, didn't the Supreme Court just have ruling concerning a baker not wanting to bake a cake?  Maybe I missed the mark here but it kind of feels the same way.

That's closer to the mark than hate crimes. 
You can't be prosecuted for merely thinking that gay marriage is wrong, nor can you be prosecuted for refusing to make a wedding cake, but you now apparently you could be prosecuted for refusing to make a wedding cake if you say you're only refusing because you think gay marriage is wrong. 
I can see both sides of that one. On one hand, nobody likes to be told what they can and can't say and do in the workplace, and there were always lots of places willing to provide custom cakes to anybody.  On the other hand, this doesn't have to be about freedom, so much as it's saying, let's keep politics out of the retail marketplace.  Let's make sure businesses open to the by public serve everyone, that the commercial marketplace doesn't become a battleground where unpopular minorities are excluded.

(06-11-2018, 10:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 07:36 PM)copycat Wrote: #1  Yes DJT is a lightning rod but that hardly excuses the shall we say callous speculation on his family.

You can't be prosecuted for merely thinking that gay marriage is wrong, nor can you be prosecuted for refusing to make a wedding cake, but you now apparently you could be prosecuted for refusing to make a wedding cake if you say you're only refusing because you think gay marriage is wrong. 
I can see both sides of that one. On one hand, nobody likes to be told what they can and can't say and do in the workplace, and there were always lots of places willing to provide custom cakes to anybody.  On the other hand, this doesn't have to be about freedom, so much as it's saying, let's keep politics out of the retail marketplace.  Let's make sure businesses open to the by public serve everyone, that the commercial marketplace doesn't become a battleground where unpopular minorities are excluded.

So we're back to being free to do what the government says you may, hmmm?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-11-2018, 10:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 10:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: That's closer to the mark than hate crimes. 

So we're back to being free to do what the government says you may, hmmm?

No, I said openly that this limits freedom, and that true with both your definition of freedom and mine.

(06-08-2018, 12:42 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: People need to leave her alone- period. And their son. Geez.

This, pretty much. No, actually, this exactly.

Have you ever heard of a little thing called advertising? How about the media? Campaigning? Pandering? Debates? Op eds? Award shows? Critic reviews? Protests? Music? The list goes on.

All of these can and are being used to control or dictate how a person thinks. Both sides of the aisle use whatever they feel is necessary to dictate, control and change how people think. A better word would be manipulation.

(06-11-2018, 10:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 07:36 PM)copycat Wrote: #1  Yes DJT is a lightning rod but that hardly excuses the shall we say callous speculation on his family.

No, you can't be prosecuted but you can sure can be persecuted which can be just as damaging when owning a business that doesn't wish to cater to those with whom they disagree. I'm personally of the opinion that if a business doesn't want my money for whatever reason, I don't want to give them the time of day much less my money.

(06-12-2018, 12:35 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 10:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: That's closer to the mark than hate crimes. 

No, you can't be prosecuted but you can sure can be persecuted which can be just as damaging when owning a business that doesn't wish to cater to those with whom they disagree. I'm personally of the opinion that if a business doesn't want my money for whatever reason, I don't want to give them the time of day much less my money.

Unapproved thinking detected; flash mob at Americus's house at 0930.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-12-2018, 12:35 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

So mush this.  Especially when there are so many that would respect you, cater to you and take your money while providing you a great service.

(06-12-2018, 06:39 PM)copycat Wrote:
(06-12-2018, 12:35 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: No, you can't be prosecuted but you can sure can be persecuted which can be just as damaging when owning a business that doesn't wish to cater to those with whom they disagree. I'm personally of the opinion that if a business doesn't want my money for whatever reason, I don't want to give them the time of day much less my money.
So mush this.  Especially when there are so many that would respect you, cater to you and take your money while providing you a great service.

Absolutely.  The free market takes care of this.  If there is unmet consumer demand, a business will open to meet that demand.  There's been no easier time to open a business than today.

Also, you cannot please everyone and you never will.  It's not a fruitful endeavor.

On the consumer side... simply talk with your wallet.  Life's too short to choose to be a miserable person.  Your dollar is your vote regarding who is taking care of your consumer needs.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."