Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RIP Dakota

For those of us who have been around on the board for a long time, we remember Dakota as one of the stalwarts on the board.  We also know the trials he faced in his life over the past 5 years or so in battling Stage IV Renal Cancer.  He recently, and very begrudgingly moved back to Michigan to be closer to family.  He hated leaving this area, but his health was declining, and his personal life here in Jax had become a train wreck over the past 18 months.  Through all of this, he tried to maintain a sense of humor, but unfortunately, at times he was unable to do so.

I considered Paul a friend on the board, and was saddened to hear that he had passed away back in early May.  He hadn't been posting updates on his health for a while, so I decided to check in on him, and unfortunately, the update I saw was an obituary.

RIP, Paul.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's sad to hear.  May he RIP and my thoughts and prayers for his family.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

RIP, Paul.

Damn it.

RIP friend.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Damn, It was a good guy and great poster

RIP My Friend
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

RIP. I know he had a tough fight for the last few years. Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. He was one of the good ones around here.

Damn! I kept hoping he would somehow beat it. RIP Paul, you will be missed.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(06-05-2018, 07:42 PM)FBT Wrote: For those of us who have been around on the board for a long time, we remember Dakota as one of the stalwarts on the board.  We also know the trials he faced in his life over the past 5 years or so in battling Stage IV Renal Cancer.  He recently, and very begrudgingly moved back to Michigan to be closer to family.  He hated leaving this area, but his health was declining, and his personal life here in Jax had become a train wreck over the past 18 months.  Through all of this, he tried to maintain a sense of humor, but unfortunately, at times he was unable to do so.

I considered Paul a friend on the board, and was saddened to hear that he had passed away back in early May.  He hadn't been posting updates on his health for a while, so I decided to check in on him, and unfortunately, the update I saw was an obituary.

RIP, Paul.

RIP, Dakota.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Agree with him, or not, there was no denying that Dakota possessed a keen and engaging intellect. RIP.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2018, 10:02 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Man, this just screwed up my night. He was the only member on here who I truly could have a dialog with regardless if we disagreed or not. Its so much more I can say on this, and  I planned on posting in some of the political threads but I am just going to log back off.

He is in Heaven now and is no doubt cheering for the team to make it to the superbowl. 

Rest in Heaven Paul, you deserve it.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

This hurts.

RIP Paul, you will be greatly missed.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2018, 10:08 PM by B2hibry.)

Damn, sucks to hear. At least he has no more battles and no more pain. RIP
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Going to miss him around. Glad he got to see the Jags become relevant again, even if they did fall just short.

RIP
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Rest easy, Paul.

While I'm glad his suffering has ended - he'll be missed.

This news saddens me greatly. RIP Paul. Condolences to all.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Cancer takes another good one.

RIP bud.

This message board has lost part of its soul.

RIP Dakota
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I hope you have found peace Dakota. This place is worse off without you.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

So sad! RIP friend.
'02

[BLEEP] cancer

Rip