Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RIP Dakota

Dang, sad to hear. You could tell the sickness took a toll on him the past few years. He used to seem happy go lucky and a fun guy....glad that he was able to be with family in his final moments.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I know this will sound weird, perhaps cruel, but I'm glad he died.

From his many updates posted on here it was clear what path he was on. He wasn't going to get better. He even acknowledged that his life pretty much sucked once this insidious disease started its latest, most serious stage.

I don't know if he was a religious man, but if so perhaps that brought his some comfort. Regardless, his pain has ended and he's in a better place.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Damn RIP Paul so sad to hear this
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2018, 05:06 PM by PF*.)

(06-06-2018, 02:49 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 02:39 PM)PF* Wrote: RIP, Paul.

We went to a couple of Jag games together over the years. There was an Eagles game about 7-8 years ago where there were 2 Philly fans sitting in front of us and Paul was relentless on them in such a way that nobody got mad. It was truly hilarious.

Anybody remember his previous screen name? I can't think of it, I know he changed to Dakota after the death of his dog and he told such a great story here about how he rescued that dog. I remember, too, his ex-wife came on here and posted a notice about his having been in an auto accident.

He (and others) was also instrumental in saving this board when the Jags initially wanted to shout it down.

Utopia? Which may have been JagsUtopia at one time. My memory is not what it once was, so I'm far from certain about that.

Yes, both right. I think there may have been even another name prior to those two.

(06-06-2018, 06:51 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: I'm deeply saddened by this. Dakota and I used to P.M. and talk frequently when I was diagnosed with cancer and was going through a tough time years back (was Carr bombed back ) and he always made me feel better.. My cancer returned 8 months ago and he was someone who I could talk to about it. My cancer didn't come with the terminal diagnosis that his did and his strength and positive outlook through all of that always amazed me. I never met the guy personally but just conversing with him here, he was a incredibly strong person. Easily my favorite poster here who I won't soon forget. I absolutely hate this disease.

R.I.P. Dakota.

Llke Fargin (lol, that dude was one salty cat) I hope he gets his own forum.

I had wondered what happened to CarrBombed and am glad o see that you are OK and still posting here.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Well this sucks.

RIP Dakota. You are missed.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

My thoughts and prayers to Paul's family.  

Paul provided inspiration, courage, determination,  leadership,  loyalty, and consideration for others that will continue to make a huge positive difference for those who knew him.   Though he will be greatly missed in the physical sense,  I'm thankful that he no longer will suffer pain that most, including me,  can't even comprehend.

(06-07-2018, 12:58 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: I know this will sound weird, perhaps cruel, but I'm glad he died.

From his many updates posted on here it was clear what path he was on. He wasn't going to get better. He even acknowledged that his life pretty much sucked once this insidious disease started its latest, most serious stage.

I don't know if he was a religious man, but if so perhaps that brought his some comfort. Regardless, his pain has ended and he's in a better place.

It's not weird or cruel to be glad someone isn't suffering anymore. Death and loss are a part of life, but sometimes living truly is the worse of the two conditions.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It's not about how difficult or painful the precious time we're given is.

It's about how we use that time. I hope he found a way to enjoy every minute he could.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

RIP Paul

WOW ..... this really places things into perspective and makes our incidental debates really seem meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Sad

I had no idea he was only 48 years old .... so sad

Wow, I've been away the last few days and then I come back to see this. Terrible news! He will be greatly missed around here. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. That guy certainly went through a lot in his short life. Hopefully, he has found some peace now.

RIP friend

RIP Paul, sleep well.

Saddened to hear this. RIP.

Godspeed, Dakota.

(06-06-2018, 03:47 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Has anyone from here posted on the guestbook?

Not knowing the guy personally, I didn't want to do so and be disrespectful in the eyes of his family/close friends.

Why not?  His ex wife who was a massive pile of crap didn't have any problem posting pictures out there.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(06-11-2018, 03:45 PM)FBT Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 03:47 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Has anyone from here posted on the guestbook?

Not knowing the guy personally, I didn't want to do so and be disrespectful in the eyes of his family/close friends.

Why not?  His ex wife who was a massive pile of crap didn't have any problem posting pictures out there.

Is that the heifer that ran off with his cancer meds???
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(06-11-2018, 05:51 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 03:45 PM)FBT Wrote: Why not?  His ex wife who was a massive pile of crap didn't have any problem posting pictures out there.

Wuuuut??  For real?

(06-11-2018, 05:51 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 03:45 PM)FBT Wrote: Why not?  His ex wife who was a massive pile of crap didn't have any problem posting pictures out there.

And beat him so badly he had to be hospitalized again after one of his shoulder surgeries.  She also brought her parents into Paul's house and stole anything of value he had when she left.  

Her criminal case is still in the system.  The State's Attorney took his deposition before he moved back to Michigan, and it was pretty extensive in the event his health would not permit him to be in court for her trial. 

That's the crap he was dealing with while facing the financial strains of expensive medical treatments for his cancer. 

When I saw the pictures I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  That's a pretty robust set of stones to do something like that knowing his family and friends all know what a scum bag she is.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(06-11-2018, 06:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 05:51 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Is that the heifer that ran off with his cancer meds???

Wuuuut??  For real?

Completely.  I guess she thought she could sell the drugs because they cost thousands of dollars. I think that's part of the reason he was trying to ween himself off of the pain meds.  What he wasn't taking, she was stealing.