Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Free agents still out there we might want to sign

There are some WRs, CBs and RBs still out there, but I'm looking at two players...

QB Matt Moore - early word on the Jaguars current backup QBs doesn't look good.

LB Navarro Bowman - I can see him beating out Blair Brown for a starting role. 
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Luke Joeckel ....jk

(06-06-2018, 04:49 AM)Jags02 Wrote: There are some WRs, CBs and RBs still out there, but I'm looking at two players...

QB Matt Moore - early word on the Jaguars current backup QBs doesn't look good.

LB Navarro Bowman - I can see him beating out Blair Brown for a starting role. 

Bowman is probably not what we think he is. If it was 2011 then heck yes. But he is unsigned for a reason.

It's just if Blair Brown gets hurt who is going to start? Know we drafted Jacobs but idk just not very confident in our depth at LB

(06-07-2018, 04:26 AM)ColoJag Wrote: It's just if Blair Brown gets hurt who is going to start? Know we drafted Jacobs but idk just not very confident in our depth at LB

I'd like to see more depth, but there are good reports coming in on Donald Payne at LB from Wash and Marrone. (and DeCamillis.)

They are actually calling the SAM spot a battle between Payne and Brown at the moment believe it or not. 

Remember there will be a few cut casualties floating around in August as well if they see someone they've scouted well end up on the waiver wire.

I thought Payne was working at Mike because Myles hasn't practiced?

Matt Moore would be a major upgrade over Henne

(06-07-2018, 11:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Matt Moore would be a major upgrade over Henne

Then maybe he should sign with KC.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-07-2018, 11:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Matt Moore would be a major upgrade over Henne

Tanner Lee is a major upgrade over Henne.  I'm thinking Moore is a major upgrade over Kessler.
'02

(06-08-2018, 06:34 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

Tanner Lee is a major upgrade over Henne.  I'm thinking Moore is a major upgrade over Kessler.

Agreed. Moore has been around for awhile. He's got decent footwork. He's had recent starting experience and I believe if it wasn't earlier this year it was last year where he got demolished by a Pittsburgh Steelers defense in a play-off game. So he at least has that much experience under his belt.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I would also give Bowman a look. He hasn't been the same player since 2015 but that honestly doesn't bother me if he's playing with our defense. He won't be asked to be the focal point. And when SF had a dominate team overall he shined. His best year actually came after Willis retired.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If Tanner Lee is a major upgrade over Henne, and last offseason Bortles and Henne were about even, and now Bortles is by far the best QB on the team, doesn't that mean A: Bortles is significantly improved and B: a Henne level QB could potentially keep us afloat a few games and that's what Lee/Kessler are
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Mike Kaye (who has attended the OTA sessions) was on one of the local radio shows yesterday and said that if they had to start Kessler they'd have to pare down the offense significantly, and that if Tanner Lee had to start they'd really be in trouble. 

Granted it's early in the offseason, but that's his take on where these QBs are currently.

(06-09-2018, 01:50 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 06:34 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Tanner Lee is a major upgrade over Henne.  I'm thinking Moore is a major upgrade over Kessler.

If Tanner Lee is a major upgrade over Henne, and last offseason Bortles and Henne were about even, and now Bortles is by far the best QB on the team, doesn't that mean A: Bortles is significantly improved and B: a Henne level QB could potentially keep us afloat a few games and that's what Lee/Kessler are

The error here is thinking that Bortles and Henne were about even.

(06-09-2018, 01:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 06:34 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Tanner Lee is a major upgrade over Henne.  I'm thinking Moore is a major upgrade over Kessler.

Mike Kaye (who has attended the OTA sessions) was on one of the local radio shows yesterday and said that if they had to start Kessler they'd have to pare down the offense significantly, and that if Tanner Lee had to start they'd really be in trouble. 

Granted it's early in the offseason, but that's his take on where these QBs are currently.

Whenever Henne did have to start, we really were in trouble.
'02

(06-09-2018, 01:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

So a guy taking his first reps in a new offense isn't ready to start, and if the sixth-round rookie starts it would be a disaster.

...this is unexpected how?

I never worry about depth at any position. Injuries sometimes happen. Sometime they don't.

Super excited to see Brown play at LB.

(06-10-2018, 02:55 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 01:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Mike Kaye (who has attended the OTA sessions) was on one of the local radio shows yesterday and said that if they had to start Kessler they'd have to pare down the offense significantly, and that if Tanner Lee had to start they'd really be in trouble. 

So a guy taking his first reps in a new offense isn't ready to start, and if the sixth-round rookie starts it would be a disaster.

It's not unexpected at all.  At what point did I imply it was unexpected? 

I was merely trying to give some perspective to '02's comments about Tanner Lee being an immediate upgrade to Henne, which I think is incredibly premature to say. 

If Tanner Lee started in week one of the regular season and played better than Henne, then THAT would be unexpected.  Lee is a project pick with a bucket load of issues to fix and a playbook to learn.  I don't think he could actually outperform Chad Henne right now.

(06-10-2018, 04:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 02:55 AM)TJBender Wrote: So a guy taking his first reps in a new offense isn't ready to start, and if the sixth-round rookie starts it would be a disaster.

It's not unexpected at all.  At what point did I imply it was unexpected? 

I was merely trying to give some perspective to '02's comments about Tanner Lee being an immediate upgrade to Henne, which I think is incredibly premature to say. 

If Tanner Lee started in week one of the regular season and played better than Henne, then THAT would be unexpected.  Lee is a project pick with a bucket load of issues to fix and a playbook to learn.  I don't think he could actually outperform Chad Henne right now.

If he could hand the ball to LF without dropping it then he's better than Henne, and that's all Marrone would let him do if he has to play.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-11-2018, 07:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 04:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It's not unexpected at all.  At what point did I imply it was unexpected? 

If he could hand the ball to LF without dropping it then he's better than Henne, and that's all Marrone would let him do if he has to play.

I really don't think that makes him better then Henne, especially since Henne spent a year under Hackett.
I wanted Henne gone as much as nearly anyone, but I don't think this particular rookie would outplay him right away given how raw the rookie is and Henne's experience in the system. 

Either one is a death sentence to the season.

I'm not sure if the following is a good fit for this thread But I didn't see the info posted elsewhere. W/o saying, the following players are less proven than the type of FAs described in this thread.

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...3428634626

Mike Kaye

Verified account

@mike_e_kaye

The #Jaguars have invited the following free-agent players to mandatory minicamp:
- OT Zach Banner
- CB Bryce Canady
- P Joseph Davidson
- LS Andrew East
- LS Trenton Frix
- OT Sean Hickey
- DE Marcus Martin
- P Cameron Nizialek
- WR DeAndre Smelter
11:38 AM - 11 Jun 2018