Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CALLING THEIR BLUFF

CALLING THEIR BLUFF: Trump Asks NFL Players to ‘Recommend People’ for Pardons

President Trump offered a possible solution for professional athletes who continue to protest the national anthem Friday; asking NFL players to compile a list of people they claim have been mistreated and the President will consider possible pardons.

https://www.hannity.com/media-room/calli...r-pardons/
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And they won't have any idea so they will tell their agent to get someone to compile a list for them.

Par for the course. Whine and scream but not be part of the solution. Similar thing happened a week or so ago when key individuals refused to attend a prison reform conference at the White House.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2018, 04:12 PM by Adam2012.)

(06-08-2018, 03:37 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: And they won't have any idea so they will tell their agent to get someone to compile a list for them.

They appear to be much more accomplished in their young lives than you. You just seem to be afraid.

(06-08-2018, 03:32 PM)The Drifter Wrote: CALLING THEIR BLUFF: Trump Asks NFL Players to ‘Recommend People’ for Pardons

President Trump offered a possible solution for professional athletes who continue to protest the national anthem Friday; asking NFL players to compile a list of people they claim have been mistreated and the President will consider possible pardons.

https://www.hannity.com/media-room/calli...r-pardons/

Thanks Sarah. Hannity.com - hahahahahaha

Sean is making a fortune off you suckers.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(06-08-2018, 04:09 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Par for the course. Whine and scream but not be part of the solution. Similar thing happened a week or so ago when key individuals refused to attend a prison reform conference at the White House.

The left has a problem for every solution.

Par for the course.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(06-08-2018, 04:09 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Par for the course. Whine and scream but not be part of the solution. Similar thing happened a week or so ago when key individuals refused to attend a prison reform conference at the White House.

You have to believe that the person asking for your help actually wants it. The actions and words directed by Trump and his employees towards the NFL and, specifically, its players aren't the type that make anyone believe he really cares about solving problems. I don't believe for a second that "God Bless Uhhhhmerica" Trump gives a rat's [BLEEP] about kneeling for God Save the Queen (or whatever those uppity young'uns are singing these days). He knows that taking something barely anyone is paying attention to and making it into WWIII plays off really well with his base. That's where his interest ends.

(06-08-2018, 10:45 PM)TJBender Wrote:

You have to believe that the person asking for your help actually wants it. The actions and words directed by Trump and his employees towards the NFL and, specifically, its players aren't the type that make anyone believe he really cares about solving problems. I don't believe for a second that "God Bless Uhhhhmerica" Trump gives a rat's [BLEEP] about kneeling for God Save the Queen (or whatever those uppity young'uns are singing these days). He knows that taking something barely anyone is paying attention to and making it into WWIII plays off really well with his base. That's where his interest ends.

Regardless, if you are striving for change, then use the platform offered to you. Otherwise you are stuck sitting around hating and speculating what you think is Trumps motive. Whining and saying he doesn’t really care about solving problems is ignorant and lazy. We could turn it around and say NFL players aren’t really interested in solving the root cause of perceived issues. They don’t really want to put forth the work necessary to clear any bad air and offer constructive feedback. Of all the people, a Kardashian took advantage of the opportunity to have a constructive dialogue.

(06-08-2018, 11:19 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 10:45 PM)TJBender Wrote: You have to believe that the person asking for your help actually wants it. The actions and words directed by Trump and his employees towards the NFL and, specifically, its players aren't the type that make anyone believe he really cares about solving problems. I don't believe for a second that "God Bless Uhhhhmerica" Trump gives a rat's [BLEEP] about kneeling for God Save the Queen (or whatever those uppity young'uns are singing these days). He knows that taking something barely anyone is paying attention to and making it into WWIII plays off really well with his base. That's where his interest ends.

Regardless, if you are striving for change, then use the platform offered to you. Otherwise you are stuck sitting around hating and speculating what you think is Trumps motive. Whining and saying he doesn’t really care about solving problems is ignorant and lazy. We could turn it around and say NFL players aren’t really interested in solving the root cause of perceived issues. They don’t really want to put forth the work necessary to clear any bad air and offer constructive feedback. Of all the people, a Kardashian took advantage of the opportunity to have a constructive dialogue.

But I thought virtue signaling was the key to cultural revolution?!?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Pardons for the well connected. Hey why not just make it a reality TV show in the style of the apprentice. "You're jailed"

(06-08-2018, 11:19 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 10:45 PM)TJBender Wrote: You have to believe that the person asking for your help actually wants it. The actions and words directed by Trump and his employees towards the NFL and, specifically, its players aren't the type that make anyone believe he really cares about solving problems. I don't believe for a second that "God Bless Uhhhhmerica" Trump gives a rat's [BLEEP] about kneeling for God Save the Queen (or whatever those uppity young'uns are singing these days). He knows that taking something barely anyone is paying attention to and making it into WWIII plays off really well with his base. That's where his interest ends.

They're not interested in a "platform" in the sense that you or I would be.  They want a stage, a really big stage and they want it televised.  It's all about being seen protesting, not actually working to find a solution.  An emailed list just doesn't cut it.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(06-09-2018, 06:19 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Pardons for the well connected. Hey why not just make it a reality TV show in the style of the apprentice. "You're jailed"

Was there action and did it work? Actions speak louder than screaming words at the top of your lungs. Any approach, unorthodox or not, is better than just complaining with zero progress towards a solution. The minute you have become afraid to ask for what you want, whether out of fear of failure, public scrutiny, pride, etc., you’ve already lost the battle. 

There has been so much side-show [BLEEP] that the message has been lost and finger pointing has escalated. It won’t get addressed until the “wronged” party figures out public temper tantrums aren’t in the negotiations handbook.

(06-09-2018, 09:16 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 06:19 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Pardons for the well connected. Hey why not just make it a reality TV show in the style of the apprentice. "You're jailed"

Was there action and did it work? Actions speak louder than screaming words at the top of your lungs. Any approach, unorthodox or not, is better than just complaining with zero progress towards a solution. The minute you have become afraid to ask for what you want, whether out of fear of failure, public scrutiny, pride, etc., you’ve already lost the battle. 

There has been so much side-show [BLEEP] that the message has been lost and finger pointing has escalated. It won’t get addressed until the “wronged” party figures out public temper tantrums aren’t in the negotiations handbook.

"Hey players, sorry about that whole 'you have no right to protest because I had a grudge to settle' thing. But here, have a token gesture to make it look like you're all sticks in the mud and I'm just being a nice guy."
-Donald Trump

(06-09-2018, 12:40 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 09:16 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Was there action and did it work? Actions speak louder than screaming words at the top of your lungs. Any approach, unorthodox or not, is better than just complaining with zero progress towards a solution. The minute you have become afraid to ask for what you want, whether out of fear of failure, public scrutiny, pride, etc., you’ve already lost the battle. 

"Hey players, sorry about that whole 'you have no right to protest because I had a grudge to settle' thing. But here, have a token gesture to make it look like you're all sticks in the mud and I'm just being a nice guy."
-Donald Trump

They didn't (and still don't) have a clue about what they were protesting. And now he's calling their bluff.

(06-09-2018, 01:00 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 12:40 PM)TJBender Wrote: "Hey players, sorry about that whole 'you have no right to protest because I had a grudge to settle' thing. But here, have a token gesture to make it look like you're all sticks in the mud and I'm just being a nice guy."
-Donald Trump

They didn't (and still don't) have a clue about what they were protesting. And now he's calling their bluff.
They have a clue.

You don’t.

Aren't pardons typically reserved for the end of a term? Oh yeah...
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2018, 03:02 PM by B2hibry.)

(06-09-2018, 01:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 01:00 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: They didn't (and still don't) have a clue about what they were protesting. And now he's calling their bluff.
They have a clue.

You don’t.

Their lack of constructive action proves otherwise. They want to claim, “you aren’t listening.” In that context, they aren’t saying anything!

(06-09-2018, 12:40 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 09:16 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Was there action and did it work? Actions speak louder than screaming words at the top of your lungs. Any approach, unorthodox or not, is better than just complaining with zero progress towards a solution. The minute you have become afraid to ask for what you want, whether out of fear of failure, public scrutiny, pride, etc., you’ve already lost the battle. 

-Donald Trump
Ignorance at its finest. Good job supporting my point.

(06-09-2018, 01:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 01:00 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: They didn't (and still don't) have a clue about what they were protesting. And now he's calling their bluff.
They have a clue.

You don’t.

Show me the proof.

I can show you the proof of those morons spouting off ignorance like the idiots that they are. Provide me with proof that they know ANYTHING.

(06-09-2018, 04:02 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 01:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: They have a clue.

You don’t.

Show me the proof.

I can show you the proof of those morons spouting off ignorance like the idiots that they are. Provide me with proof that they know ANYTHING.

What would proof look like to you?
Is there any essay that one of them could write that would suffice?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-09-2018, 04:02 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 01:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: They have a clue.

You don’t.

Show me the proof.

I anxiously await your accounts of dealing with law enforcement as a black man.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(06-09-2018, 07:50 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 04:02 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Show me the proof.

I anxiously await your accounts of dealing with law enforcement as a black man.

I'm sure you don't believe it, but not every police officer spends his day looking for a black man to harass.  There are even black policemen!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.