Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
World Cup returns to USA

Good news? USA, Canada and Mexico to host the World Cup in 2026.

I think the hosts automatically qualify, so that’s something...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good News - no.
Great News - YES !!!

Given the fact that we're hosting 60 of the 80 matches, I'd think that Orlando, Miami, and Atlanta should all get a few so it will be a great opportunity to take part in the most popular international event the occurs every 4 years.

I'm intrigued as to where the final would be held..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Final -- My guess is LA (great weather and a lot more scenic other than the NYC skyline) but I could see NY due to it's popularity and time zone more compatible with the Eurpoean viewing audience.

I could also see it being the Estadio Azteca in Mexico.

Rich history there of football matches.

I might have jumped the gun on automatic qualification - it seems FIFA is still figuring out how three countries can all qualify automatically...

Would love to catch one of the matches in Orlando

The question is will the US mens team be able to qualify for the world cup by then? The wheels don't seem to be greased as easily as before with FIFA, I don't see host countries automatically making it to the top 4.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(06-13-2018, 09:38 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Final -- My guess is LA (great weather and a lot more scenic other than the NYC skyline)  but I could see NY due to it's popularity and time zone more compatible with the Eurpoean viewing audience.

also watch a Atlanta United game. this season they have had 70k people in the new dome at Atlanta on multiple occasions. I didn't think there was much of a following in Atlanta but apparently they have a pretty invested interest in the sport. I know we couldn't keep a team but that does not mean that there isn't a lot of people who follow the sport here either. i could see Jacksonville getting a game. would be bad [BLEEP] to have euro fans come to the games and have the option to hop in the pools.... on second thought, there should be a rule that discourages speedos for men in the pools at the banks because that has always seemed to be a trend in euro nations lol.

I dont think the Final or any world cup game should be played on turf

(06-13-2018, 09:50 PM)ColoJag Wrote: I dont think the Final or any world cup game should be played on turf

I agree but i think that places like Arizona do have natural grass fields. You are right though so i do not think Atlanta will be rewarded a game.

From i am reading the final will be held in the US and this will be the first time the pool expands to 48 teams. Should be a pretty awesome time.

Good lord it just hit me that i will be 36 by the time this happens. I will be taking my kids to this stiff lol.

Personally, I think it should remain 32 teams.. needless expansion.

I'll be 42 :-(

I will be 29 Big Grin... . back off 30s

(06-14-2018, 02:55 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Personally, I think it should remain 32 teams.. needless expansion.

But how will America make it lmbo

What I want to know is why Orlando was chosen as a host city but not Jacksonville. TIAA Bank Field is eons ahead of the old Citrus Bowl as a stadium.

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2018, 02:09 PM by JagsorDie.)

(06-15-2018, 01:43 PM)DragonFury Wrote: What I want to know is why Orlando was chosen as a host city but not Jacksonville. TIAA Bank Field is eons ahead of the old Citrus Bowl as a stadium.

My guess would be it has less to do with venue and more to do with city itself.  While the beaches are nice in Jacksonville they are 20 miles plus away from the stadium itself and the area around the stadium still isn't necessarily amazing to stay in. Orlando caters to millions to millions of tourists from around the world all the time. I would argue they are more suited or this

(06-15-2018, 02:08 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 01:43 PM)DragonFury Wrote: What I want to know is why Orlando was chosen as a host city but not Jacksonville. TIAA Bank Field is eons ahead of the old Citrus Bowl as a stadium.

My guess would be it has less to do with venue and more to do with city itself.  While the beaches are nice in Jacksonville they are 20 miles plus away from the stadium itself and the area around the stadium still isn't necessarily amazing to stay in. Orlando caters to millions to millions of tourists from around the world all the time. I would argue they are more suited or this

Have you been to the Citrus Bowl?  Do you know where that stadium is?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Star 

(06-29-2018, 07:19 AM)Rico Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 02:08 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: My guess would be it has less to do with venue and more to do with city itself.  While the beaches are nice in Jacksonville they are 20 miles plus away from the stadium itself and the area around the stadium still isn't necessarily amazing to stay in. Orlando caters to millions to millions of tourists from around the world all the time. I would argue they are more suited or this

Have you been to the Citrus Bowl?  Do you know where that stadium is?

Not the greatest but it is right down I4 from Universal. That's about all I know.

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2018, 10:29 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

(06-15-2018, 10:11 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 02:55 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Personally, I think it should remain 32 teams.. needless expansion.

But how will America make it lmbo

Agreed at 48 we will be guarenteed to get in and probably to second round. Any more than that and this world cup bid will go up in price.

Citrus bowl was recently completely renovated. And OIA is a better airport. Much more international city also with Disney World and all that. If you are tryong to get foriegners to visit Orlando is pretty mcuh ideal for that.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.