Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars Vs. Raiders Game Day Thread***

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 12:20 PM by AmeliaIsland.)

Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile   An interesting game this afternoon as former Jaguars Head Coach and USC linebacker Jack Del Rio returns  as he and  his 4-2  Oakland Raiders to play our Jaguars at EverBank Field.  

JDR had a 69-71 record as the Head Coach of the Jaguars, after the 2002 NFL season the time succeeded Tom Coughlin, and was the Head Coach between 2003 through 2011, until his firing into December  2011 with a 3-8 record, and was the second Head Coach of the Jaguars at the time.

Jaguars seek to win their first game over the Raiders in six years, their last win a 38-31 home win at EverBank Field back on December 12, 2010. Maurice Jones-Drew broke the 31-31 tie, and scored the game-winninf score with his 30-yard run with 1:34 remaining in the fourth quarter, after Darren McFadden scored a Raiders touchdown 19 seconds earlier.

Sunny skies at 72 degrees is the game forecast inside EverBank Field for the 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 39% humidity, and north/northeast winds at 10 miles per hour.

NO injuries to both the Jaguars and Raiders, and GO JAGUARS!!!!!

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/game/2016/regular7

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 12:05 AM by ThunderCat.)

[Image: 2013-raiders-jags-story.jpg]

Raiders Depth Chart

Jaguars Depth Chart

Game Day Weather at the Bank

ESPN'S Raiders perspective

Yahoo's bold predictions for the Raiders

ESPN'S Jaguars perspective

Yahoo's Jaguars offense article

Fox Sports Detailed Game Preview article

Game Preview Video

Go Jags! 

Jags 28 Raiders 21

Gonna be a lot of raider fans at the game.

Let's make regret coming.

This thread is more official without the annoying asterisks.

Mods please delete. This thread was made before game day.

Still early, but if you had posted at 11:59:45, this may well have hit before midnight. I'll allow it. This thread is the #chosenone.

I'm a little bit scared of this game, actually. The Raiders, who are looking great right now, coming to Jacksonville, where Jack Del Rio was unceremoniously dumped midseason, to face a Jaguars team that has just barely beaten a couple of really bad teams in the last couple of games. Could be a pleasant surprise, or it could be a massacre.

I would be surprised if it is a "massacre" by the Raiders. Unfortunately, D6 said Jeff Triplette will be there, so we have two opponents.

Quote:Gonna be a lot of raider fans at the game.

Let's make regret coming.

Not a chance. Raiders fans aren't going to fly cross country for what to them is a 10:00 game outside the division. They don't travel well outside of California.

Quote:Mods please delete. This thread was made before game day.

So was the one Thundercat started a minute later.

I really want to win this game. Please come out sharp Jags.

Quote:Not a chance. Raiders fans aren't going to fly cross country for what to them is a 10:00 game outside the division. They don't travel well outside of California.

There are Raiders fans practically everywhere in the United States and in much of the world.   

Quote:Still early, but if you had posted at 11:59:45, this may well have hit before midnight. I'll allow it. This thread is the #chosenone.

I'm a little bit scared of this game, actually. The Raiders, who are looking great right now, coming to Jacksonville, where Jack Del Rio was unceremoniously dumped midseason, to face a Jaguars team that has just barely beaten a couple of really bad teams in the last couple of games. Could be a pleasant surprise, or it could be a massacre.

I'm thinking our offense finally performs and we get a big time win!!!

Quote:I'm thinking our offense finally performs and we get a big time win!!!

Our offense performed in spurts this season. Consistency is the problem.

Quote:Not a chance. Raiders fans aren't going to fly cross country for what to them is a 10:00 game outside the division. They don't travel well outside of California.

Want to bet?

So was the one Thundercat started a minute later.

Bold prediction: TJ Yeldon 109 yards 2 TDs.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 01:03 AM by jessepeck1213.)

Mods, make this the GameDay thread. We are 1-0 when Thundercat starts them. 1-3 with ameliabot. If you care at all about this team you will listen to my pleads.

Go Jags!!

I'm at work, with my Jags socks on (plus my uniform, of course)... the last time I wore those socks were the Bears game, and before that was the Colts' game!

You're welcome.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

24-18 Jags...

I changed from my prediction midweek... mainly because I don't remember what that prediction was.

Quote:Bold prediction: TJ Yeldon 109 yards 2 TDs.

Ha! That's funny

Bold prediction, we win the game.

Quote:Bold prediction, we win the game.

This is my bald prediction..

[Image: man_file_1061526_bald_qbs_v03_05.png]