Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dante Fowler ready to prove his worth to Jaguars

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20180...to-jaguars

Quote:″I know how good of a player I am,″ said Fowler, who has combined for 12 sacks over the past two seasons. ″I know I’m one of the best players in this league. When I go out there, I’m going to make the best of my opportunities every time. I’m working hard to have the best season of my career.″

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-15-2018, 10:13 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20180...to-jaguars

Quote:″I know how good of a player I am,″ said Fowler, who has combined for 12 sacks over the past two seasons. ″I know I’m one of the best players in this league. When I go out there, I’m going to make the best of my opportunities every time. I’m working hard to have the best season of my career.″

He also said he wants to put a lot of good tape out there for everybody to see. I personally don't see any way we re-sign Dante Fowler unless he really wants to play for Jax and take less money, and I don't see that happening. Hopefully we can make good use of what I expect to be a good final year here from Dante.

I mean. If he contributes with 10+ sacks on the way to a super bowl id be happy but he hasnt been consistent enough yet. But he would likely want a higher pay day than he deserves
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Just sit back and enjoy the compensatory pick we'll get once he goes to KC or Cincy or Arizona.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-16-2018, 07:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Just sit back and enjoy the compensatory pick we'll get once he goes to KC or Cincy or Arizona.

Exactly. Play him an excessive amount of snaps and get maximum use out of him in his highly-motivated year. I'd do the same with Malik or Dareus if one is not in the master plan for 2019-2020.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

He was a terrible draft pick, class example of reaching for need. He'll have a statistically good year cleaning up from all the pressure that the rest of the D-line, but he's not a guy that makes everyone else look better.

As others have said I look forward to the compensatory pick when some desperate team signs him for 10+ million a year because real blue chip young DEs never make it to free agency, and some team will overspend for him.

The good news is he is really young. Dante is only 23 years old. He has the power and speed. Injury, off the field issues, and consistency are his weaknesses. The guy does hit like a freight train along with 8 sacks last year.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Watch him rack up 16 sacks and we have to franchise him

(06-17-2018, 09:19 PM)Black and Teal Wrote: Watch him rack up 16 sacks and we have to franchise him

We don't have the cap space to franchise him. If he racks up 16 sacks I fully expect Campbell to be traded away.

What is this report about him being hurt, losing considerable muscle mass and maybe not being ready for TC??? Rotoworld reported it

Fowler's biggest issue to stay on the Jags is Ngakoue. I would assume he wants a starting slot with the big money associated with it.

(06-26-2018, 01:37 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Fowler's biggest issue to stay on the Jags is Ngakoue.  I would assume he wants a starting slot with the big money associated with it.

^^ this ^^

If Fowler goes on to find a starting role elsewhere, gets sacks and a nice contract... I'd be nothing but happy for him.

That's not an opportunity he's likely to get here, but it's not because he's not good.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(06-26-2018, 01:13 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: What is this report about him being hurt, losing considerable muscle mass and maybe not being ready for TC??? Rotoworld reported it

Quote: That’s why a red flag went up in my mind when I saw him during the mandatory minicamp on June 13. Fowler missed the offseason program recovering from an upper-body injury. The Jaguars haven’t disclosed the injury (they don’t have to yet), but it’s obvious Fowler has lost sizable muscle mass in his upper body.

http://www.1010xl.com/2018/06/25/jaguars...=hootsuite
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I hope he can at least perform like Ngakoue did last year going into 2018. Having that level of play out of a rotational player would be awesome. He was the only pass rusher from the end positions that showed up in New England too. We'll see what happens.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Good problem to have...
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

A comp pick won't be as good as Fowler, so sitting back for that is not good. I'd like them to find a way to keep him. He's worth it.

I hope hes ready in time. We absolutely need Fowler and everyone of his potential 12 sacks.

Fowler has grown on me and now I find myself pulling for him to have a monster season and resign here.

Fowler is a role player, he had always thrived in a good scheme but he will never be an every down beat your guy one on one DE.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I understand why the Jags did what they did in not picking up the option. However, I expect Fowler to have a great year and hope they find a way to pay him. 10 sack guys don't grow on trees, even though Jags have more than their share.

Danielle Hunter just set the market for young franchise DEs, so just give that same deal to Yannick and wave goodbye to Dante plz.