Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Family Sep. Bleeding Heart Tour

Research it for yourself! Clinton enacted the Flores Consent Decree in 1997 that separates kids from their parents when they get caught crossing the border illegally!
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2018, 06:35 AM by jj82284.)

(06-18-2018, 08:35 PM)Kotite Wrote: Morally, I'm just not okay with traumatizing seven year olds as a political tool.

Contrary to what they will have you believe, they are not animals.

I cannot put into words how disheartening and intellectually dishonest this whole argument is.  

1.) The current laws of the united states generate these circumstances, not the individual will of any one administration.

2.) The Case law that is most directly responsible for this situation was put in place by the most liberal circuit court of appeals in the united states.  There is a time limit for the amount of time that a Child can be detained by the federal government (20 days) If a person caught crossing the border is put into a criminal proceeding that may run over that time then it is physically impossible to keep the families together.  There is currently a backlog of 600,000 for anyone who has presented themselves as asylum seekers, and that number is only going to continue to increase as the left advertises the new "buzz word" to further clog up the system and try to make it impossible to enforce immigration law.  Proper procedure would see those with legitimate asylum claims go to a port of entry and make their case, not play a game of red rover red rover with border patrol agents when caught illegally crossing the border.

(06-19-2018, 06:33 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Research it for yourself! Clinton enacted the Flores Consent Decree in 1997 that separates kids from their parents when they get caught crossing the border illegally!

Also sent armed men into a home to rip a Cuban child out of his families home to ship back to a communist country.

Dishonest? Kids 7 and younger separated from their parents for weeks at a time is happening. It is factual. And it is inhumane. That is a traumatizing event for the parent and it is a traumatizing event for the child. Remove your political lens for half a second and ask yourself... Aren't we better than this? Sorry.. Tormenting young kids is where I draw the line. You're okay with it? That's on your morally superior conscience.
Only a chump boos the home team!

What's your solution?

(06-19-2018, 08:10 AM)Kotite Wrote: Dishonest? Kids 7 and younger separated from their parents for weeks at a time is happening. It is factual. And it is inhumane. That is a traumatizing event for the parent and it is a traumatizing event for the child. Remove your political lens for half a second and ask yourself... Aren't we better than this? Sorry.. Tormenting young kids is where I draw the line. You're okay with it? That's on your morally superior conscience.

Isn't it the parents who chose to traumatize their children by dragging them illegally across the border? 

I'm pretty sure the US isn't going into a foreign country to capture children.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2018, 08:56 AM by The Drifter.)

(06-19-2018, 08:10 AM)Kotite Wrote: Dishonest? Kids 7 and younger separated from their parents for weeks at a time is happening. It is factual. And it is inhumane. That is a traumatizing event for the parent and it is a traumatizing event for the child. Remove your political lens for half a second and ask yourself... Aren't we better than this? Sorry.. Tormenting young kids is where I draw the line. You're okay with it? That's on your morally superior conscience.

But you Can't arrest me for DWI with my kids, you'll separate me from my children.........

Where does it end?..... You cross the border illegally, you roll the dice...

I have absolutely NO sympathy for them....

Let Mexico (or whatever country they came from) Take them back and but them in orphanages

The United States is NOT the baby sitter for the damn world.........
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

I stole this frome someone but boy does it fit.....

“I feel like the left just sits in a room spinning a large bingo cage full of decades old problems. They pull a new one out once a month, blame it on Trump, offer zer solutions, then act like they are saving the world because they are upset all the sudden.”

Once again we a shifting blame beyond the offender. Of course, if you want to cause more fury, drag the children to the surface and label actions inhumane, morally incomprehensible, etc. The United States and its citizen have segments that suffer similar and more extreme cases everyday but because they can’t be used as pawns, nobody cares. Picking and choosing when to be part of the morality brigade is weak. This bleeding heart tour will backfire like every other childish attempt of detouring the teamwork required of congressional leaders. At least the stupid are making themselves readily identifiable for their constituents.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(06-19-2018, 08:54 AM)The Drifter Wrote:

But you Can't arrest me for DWI with my kids, you'll separate me from my children.........

Where does it end?..... You cross the border illegally, you roll the dice...

I have absolutely NO sympathy for them....

Let Mexico (or whatever country they came from) Take them back and but them in orphanages

The United States is NOT the baby sitter for the damn world.........

What are the odds of Kotite hosting one of these families in his home once they make it through? 

The moral compass is very high until it comes time for personal involvement.

Better than all the anti abortion morality police emptying the orphanages.

It isn't a matter of whether or not these families are ever granted asylum into the US. It is mind [BLEEP] young kids who have no say in what happens to them. If our policy is to turn away 100% of the people trying to get in, it is a far cry from our founding principles, but it can be done with decency. This is wholly unnecessary and a practice this administration is clearly choosing to employ unilaterally. It speaks volumes about whonwe are as a people to treat kids this way.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(06-18-2018, 12:00 PM)Kotite Wrote: This is a Trump policy and he is using it as leverage to try to get Dems to cave on other policies he wants to enact. All of this when the GOP has control of the WH, House and Senate. This is a morally bankrupt and inexcusable action. These are asylum seekers looking to come into the U.S. through proper channels. My grandfather and thousands like him came through Ellis Island to pursue the American dream. Both he and my father immigrated here and both volunteered to serve in thr military (WWII and Vietnam). They were two of the most patriotic men I have ever known. I cannot imagine either of them would recognize the country they fought for had they been alive. No parent who hugs their kids at night should be okay with this draconian policy.

So, when the media started to manufacture this latest attempt to take down Trump by using pictures of children being held in detention pens that was taken in 2014, that somehow was a Trump policy being enforced in anticipation of his eventual presidency?  Is that the direction you're going here, Doc Brown?

The reality is that the 9th Circuit Court, the most liberal court in the country and no friend of the GOP, mandated this treatment.  The law was signed by a democrat president, and an icon of the left.  He was the pre-messiah before Barack Hussein Obama was anointed "the one" who continued to enforce the law just as the Trump administration has done.  The only reason it's an issue today is because democrats have run out of options.  The economy is improving.  African-Americans are starting to wake up and realize what a bill of goods they've been sold by democrats, and the democrat voter base is in retreat.  So, what better way to backfill than to just create tens of millions of new democrat voters?  Open borders for everyone!

(06-18-2018, 12:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-18-2018, 12:00 PM)Kotite Wrote: This is a Trump policy and he is using it as leverage to try to get Dems to cave on other policies he wants to enact. All of this when the GOP has control of the WH, House and Senate. This is a morally bankrupt and inexcusable action. These are asylum seekers looking to come into the U.S. through proper channels. My grandfather and thousands like him came through Ellis Island to pursue the American dream. Both he and my father immigrated here and both volunteered to serve in thr military (WWII and Vietnam). They were two of the most patriotic men I have ever known. I cannot imagine either of them would recognize the country they fought for had they been alive. No parent who hugs their kids at night should be okay with this draconian policy.

The problem with the left is they complain but seldom have any actual solutions. What is your number for illegal immigrants coming into the country? What are your thoughts on children separated from their parents when their parents commit a crime and go to prison?

Why didn't the democrats accepts Trumps deal months back to grant amnesty to 1.8 million illegals when they only asked for 800K.

Democrats couldn't give two craps about these children or their families and that is a fact.

Bingo.  They only care about the issue and how it can be leveraged for electoral benefit.

(06-18-2018, 05:03 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Am I the only one that doesn't think these centers are a bad thing? They have nice, clean beds. They get new clothes, hygiene supplies,  bathrooms / showers, video games, large flat screen televisions, leather couches, Foosball tables, etc. etc. etc. Most of the kids are unaccompanied or were being used by people they don't know to increase the chances of getting in. If politicians cared about these kids, they would've fixed it under Obama.

Nope.  You're not alone.  In many instances, these people are getting a better deal in the detention centers than they did from their country of origin.  

(06-18-2018, 07:16 PM)Kotite Wrote: "My dream is to leave my country and become an American citizen so that I can become a drug addict and burden the economy," said no immigrant ever.

How is this not terrorizing really young kids?

In typical liberal fashion, make sure you put the blame somewhere other than with the people truly responsible.  The parents put their children in this situation knowing what the policies are in this country, and they accept that risk when they cross into this country illegally.  Using the straw man "drug addict" crap is just more left wing weak sauce being spread by a master regurgitator of talking points.

(06-18-2018, 08:35 PM)Kotite Wrote: Morally, I'm just not okay with traumatizing seven year olds as a political tool.

Contrary to what they will have you believe, they are not animals.

It's always funny to see a liberal climbing up on his moral high horse.  Morally, it's equally traumatizing to rip a child from the uterus of a pregnant mother, but I'm sure you're perfectly fine with that.  None of these children are dying, but tens of millions have wound up in a trash bin over the past 5 decades, including a disproportionate number of minority children, but they don't matter since they can't vote, right?

Inhumane?  Do you even know the definition of the term?  It's inhumane to drag your children through the terrain they must cross to enter the US illegally.  It's even more inhumane to send your children ahead without you hoping the traffickers don't take a fancy to the children and sell them off into some horrific world where they're nothing more than play things.  You're okay with that apparently.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(06-19-2018, 10:45 AM)Kotite Wrote: Better than all the anti abortion morality police emptying the orphanages.

It isn't a matter of whether or not these families are ever granted asylum into the US. It is mind [BLEEP] young kids who have no say in what happens to them. If our policy is to turn away 100% of the people trying to get in, it is a far cry from our founding principles, but it can be done with decency. This is wholly unnecessary and a practice this administration is clearly choosing to employ unilaterally. It speaks volumes about whonwe are as a people to treat kids this way.

So, let's just ease your concerns and abort any children entering the country illegally?  Then you can celebrate.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

This is a dangerous game the media is playing. Thank God I don't live in a border city.

There are only 3 cases where DHS separates children from their parents. Some people should study up on this.

We can't let facts get in the way of a leftist rant.

Just the left following their marching orders. Be very appalled at something, blame it on Trump and flood the airways with another distraction attempt.

(06-19-2018, 12:58 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Just the left following their marching orders.  Be very appalled at something, blame it on Trump and flood the airways with another distraction attempt.

That's all they ever do.. and their base just eats it up and continues the lies all over social media. They really are... sad. Just sad.

It's the only way they can drum up support. They can't debate facts or approach issues on an intellectual level.

It's all about causing a passionate response. Feelings. Anger and hate, specifically. If they aren't hating someone and passionate about it, there's no action in their political hacktivism.

Dark, destructive, and divisive... because when you boil it all down to the basics - that's simply all they have. They lose on the issues/facts otherwise.

So, make up a story that tells easy and listens well... volia. A false narrative to rally behind, fueled by hatred.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(06-19-2018, 08:55 AM)B2hibry Wrote: I  stole this frome someone but boy does it fit.....

“I feel like the left just sits in a room spinning a large bingo cage full of decades old problems. They pull a new one out once a month, blame it on Trump, offer zer solutions, then act like they are saving the world because they are upset all the sudden.”

Once again we a shifting blame beyond the offender. Of course, if you want to cause more fury, drag the children to the surface and label  actions inhumane, morally incomprehensible, etc. The United States and its citizen have segments that suffer similar and more extreme cases everyday but because they can’t be used as pawns, nobody cares. Picking and choosing when to be part of the morality brigade is weak. This bleeding heart tour will backfire like every other childish attempt of detouring the teamwork required of congressional leaders. At least the stupid are making themselves readily identifiable for their constituents.

Well put.  Plus, it makes a conveniently removes focus from the treason that's being currently exposed in the FBI.  If they don't like the real news, they force feed the fake news so you'll never see the true damage that's being done.  Mission accomplished for them.

You'd think that those being duped would at some point figure it out and refuse to be a victim to this programming, and begin thinking for themselves.  Freedom from such oppressive views and their lustful, domineering worldview.

I wonder where all this anger was when their Messia Obama deported 2.5 MILLION Illegals and separated families

(06-19-2018, 02:46 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I wonder where all this anger was when their Messia Obama deported 2.5 MILLION Illegals and separated families

He deported more than any other president.  But you don't hear that statistic amongst all the rhetoric.  It doesn't tell the preferred "tale."

Seek the whole truth.  Not just someone's preferred version of "truth."

Is this a Clinton or Obama policy? Maybe it's the Democrats en masse! You can't decide which. If it is one of their fault it's happening and it's bad then why doesn't he just grab his pen and make it happen? Remember, you lack consistency and love executive orders now. Or I'll just leave this here:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/06.../23462120/

If you decide you don't like that angle or just think it's perfectly fine to rip children from their parents because you love you some strong armed justice, than at least realize (I know self reflection was brainwashed out of most of you a long time ago) that There are plenty of studies showing the long term effect of children who are taking away from their parent and those don't even consider being thrown in cages during the separation. The party who claims to "the party of family values" thinks this is ok. Heck you might even be like Laura Ingram who thinks it's just a day camp!

Maybe you are the special type of reich winger thinks they are child actors.

Maybe this is just a trump policy to attempt to force the left, the people that actually care about people not of their tribe, to fund his stupid wall. Maybe it's his way of trying to impress the brutal dictators that murder their own people, opposing politicians and jounralists, that he lavishes praise upon for being "tough" or "strong". Either this is hostage situation or a human rights violation. Possibly even both.

One would think, when your policy position draws the votes, support, and praise fromf groups like white nationalists, the alt-right, the KKK, Nazi sympathizers etc.. that one would look inwardly and wonder why that is the case instead of picking your preferred method to spin repugnant policy into being a good thing. Modern conservatism has no sense of moral's. Zero ability to self-reflect on their tribal nature. Zero constancy.