Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The current QB state in Buffalo

So now that I'm back in Rochester, I hear all the local Bills news first hand. And I had to share. 

The current leader in the Bills QB race is.....

Nate Peterman. 

He has considerably outplayed both McCarron and Allen at OTAs apparently. And while Peterman may be improved, that has to be concerning for Bills fans that he is their best QB right now lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Best of luck to the local kid. It helps to have an overrated first round player and a journeyman competing with him.

Hope he makes the best of the situation.

Josh Allen will be their day 1 starter come week 1. He even looks like Jim Kelly.

Where's Mrs. McCarron to defend her man's honor? We were regaled with tales of how we'd regret the day we let him slip past us in free agency. I'm sure this is all part of the master plan to sneak into the starting role and become the hero of Buffalo at a later date. Being third on the QB depth chart on a team with no QB talent is just a motivator, right?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2018, 06:29 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(06-21-2018, 08:53 AM)FBT Wrote: Where's Mrs. McCarron to defend her man's honor?  We were regaled with tales of how we'd regret the day we let him slip past us in free agency.  I'm sure this is all part of the master plan to sneak into the starting role and become the hero of Buffalo at a later date.  Being third on the QB depth chart on a team with no QB talent is just a motivator, right?

Well obviously he just can't be bothered to try during OTAs. He'll take over once real camp starts.

Speaking of "real camp," Buffalo holds camp at St John Fisher college, which is 10 miles from my house. I plan to attend a camp day or two and would be more than happy to give you guys my limited insight on how Allen looks
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2018, 06:31 PM by imtheblkranger.)

My brother actually almost hit Dareus with a box truck there a few years back. Man that would have effected this current defense huh?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(06-19-2018, 11:56 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: So now that I'm back in Rochester, I hear all the local Bills news first hand. And I had to share. 

The current leader in the Bills QB race is.....

Nate Peterman. 

He has considerably outplayed both McCarron and Allen at OTAs apparently. And while Peterman may be improved, that has to be concerning for Bills fans that he is their best QB right now lol

Considering he has been in the offense a year longer than either of them, he should be ahead of them at this point.

But I hope they all suck.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Peterman in my opinion is not NFL material. McCarron just lacks arm strength. Allen is going to make those rookie mistakes on their way to a 5-11 season. And they are going to run McCoy is the dirt.

(06-23-2018, 03:26 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Peterman in my opinion is not NFL material. McCarron just lacks arm strength. Allen is going to make those rookie mistakes on their way to a 5-11 season. And they are going to run McCoy is the dirt.

That's why it should be concerning for Buffalo that Peterman is by far the best QB on their roster right now. From what I understand it's a pretty substantial gap right now

IMO, they're just pumping up Peterman for the first few games, if/when he flops, in comes Mcarron with Allen doing mop-up duty. Somewhere before mid-season, you'll see more reps for Allen as he assumes control of the team.

OTOH, their OL was decimated in the off season so they may not want Allen to take a David Carr-like beating at all.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(06-24-2018, 09:20 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 03:26 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Peterman in my opinion is not NFL material. McCarron just lacks arm strength. Allen is going to make those rookie mistakes on their way to a 5-11 season. And they are going to run McCoy is the dirt.

That's why it should be concerning for Buffalo that Peterman is by far the best QB on their roster right now. From what I understand it's a pretty substantial gap right now

That's karma for McCoy pulling the bogus race card on Chip Kelly (whom I don't even care for). He gets to spend his waning prime in football purgatory.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2018, 03:34 PM by JagFanatic24.)

^^^But they made the playoffs just this last year. So you can't really call it football purgatory anymore. McCoy is starting to climb the ranks.

(06-24-2018, 09:20 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Yeah if Peterman is their guy right now, then they can 100% guarantee they won't be back in the playoffs.

It makes too much sense that Peterman is beating out McCarron and Josh Allen. These three are all so bad that nobody who takes the helm, I just don't see the Bills winning more than two games this season. They suck so much that none of these three can even hope to lick Tyrod Taylor's jockstrap.

As it relates, Josh Allen has yet to sign or take the field, but he's so bad he really should have an entire year, if not two, developing before even touching the field in a meaningful game. 
'02

(07-24-2018, 04:24 PM)Jags02 Wrote: It makes too much sense that Peterman is beating out McCarron and Josh Allen. These three are all so bad that nobody who takes the helm, I just don't see the Bills winning more than two games this season. They suck so much that none of these three can even hope to lick Tyrod Taylor's jockstrap.

As it relates, Josh Allen has yet to sign or take the field, but he's so bad he really should have an entire year, if not two, developing before even touching the field in a meaningful game. 

I think Allen is going to be a decent QB just not right away. I can't believe Peterman is their guy right now. That's crazy.

(07-24-2018, 04:24 PM)Jags02 Wrote: It makes too much sense that Peterman is beating out McCarron and Josh Allen. These three are all so bad that nobody who takes the helm, I just don't see the Bills winning more than two games this season. They suck so much that none of these three can even hope to lick Tyrod Taylor's jockstrap.

I hope Allen's first start is against us so it can be Peterman vs LA 2.0
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Alls I know is Josh Allen was terrible in college and got drafted because of his height weight and arm strength.
McCarron was pretty good in college, hell maybe the last real QB Bama had (cept Tua gonna kill it this year) and he never could get a shot in cincy and is seemingly behind in Buffalo. Perhaps its an arm strength issue...
Peterman... IDK man... he's a former 5th round project. If he's your lead dude... you should have never got rid of Tyrod.

Peterman likely has the head up because he's the only QB that was there last year.
I imagine by season start McCarron or Allen will be starting.

Ideally it would be Allen. I mean... why else would you draft a guy in the first round?
But I think he'll take a lot longer to come around than the Bills planned.

If I'm coach... And it is close with these 3 guys... I start McCarron. And hold out as long as possible before putting Allen in (somewhere around mid season if the record is 2-6 or something).
I think Buffalo messed up not having a good veteran to lean on either like Henne or even a McCown guy.
I think they messed up by drafting Allen altogether... but perhaps he eventually becomes a mentally strong QB and not just another strong arm.

Buffalo is taking a big step back this year from their playoff team just last season, imo.

From what I've been hearing, Allen has looked really bad so far.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(07-27-2018, 02:42 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: From what I've been hearing, Allen has looked really bad so far.

color me shocked

I agree with everything you said. Spot on!

(07-27-2018, 02:45 PM)Kane Wrote:
(07-27-2018, 02:42 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: From what I've been hearing, Allen has looked really bad so far.

color me shocked

Same. I'm getting a lot of "geez man, it's only day 2, give him a little time" from the local fans
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS