Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The current QB state in Buffalo

(09-10-2018, 09:21 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-10-2018, 04:14 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: You’d think after last year Buffalo would have figured Peterman out. You know it’s bad when we pity the Bills qb situation.

I said all summer to everyone here in NY: "Peterman is terrible, if you start him again, it will be the Chargers game again"

The response was always: No way man, he's progressed a lot in the offseason. Plus we have arguably the best secondary in the league!

.....ok

Bills fans are funny though. I can't knock them, they're diehards and they're passionate. Problem is they are delusional. Worse than we were in the early Gus years. Every single offseason they're going to the SB.

Oh, so it's not just my buddy?

I just won another dinner at his expense because of his blind homerism. 

Thing is, I'd been warning him since last year what was going to happen this year.

I told him they could have a good offensive line if they kept Cordy Glenn and paired him with Dawkins-either with both at the tackle spots or with Dawkins at G next to Glenn, and that it would be a mistake to trade Glenn.

I told him Vladimir Ducasse sucked.

I told him that they would try to trade up to get one of the top QBs, but if they got Allen, he would suck.

I told him that McCarron is a decent guy but would suffer behind that OL.  My buddy assured me that McCarron had the chance to play with his college offensive coordinator and would thrive.  He got blasted in preseason then traded.

I told him Peterman would suck.  He told me Peterman improved tremendously, and that the INT he threw wasn't his fault.  Lo and behold, they started Peterman week one, and avter registering a Blutarski-esque QB rating of 0.0, he was sent to the bench in favor of Allen, who isn't ready.

Now, the Bills are looking like a top three draft pick team this year.  I love it!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-15-2018, 06:47 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-10-2018, 09:21 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I said all summer to everyone here in NY: "Peterman is terrible, if you start him again, it will be the Chargers game again"

The response was always: No way man, he's progressed a lot in the offseason. Plus we have arguably the best secondary in the league!

.....ok

Bills fans are funny though. I can't knock them, they're diehards and they're passionate. Problem is they are delusional. Worse than we were in the early Gus years. Every single offseason they're going to the SB.

Oh, so it's not just my buddy?

Thing is, I'd been warning him since last year what was going to happen this year.

I told him they could have a good offensive line if they kept Cordy Glenn and paired him with Dawkins-either with both at the tackle spots or with Dawkins at G next to Glenn, and that it would be a mistake to trade Glenn.

I told him that they would try to trade up to get one of the top QBs, but if they got Allen, he would suck.

I told him that McCarron is a decent guy but would suffer behind that OL.  My buddy assured me that McCarron had the chance to play with his college offensive coordinator and would thrive.  He got blasted in preseason then traded.

I told him Peterman would suck.  He told me Peterman improved tremendously, and that the INT he threw wasn't his fault.  Lo and behold, they started Peterman week one, and avter registering a Blutarski-esque QB rating of 0.0, he was sent to the bench in favor of Allen, who isn't ready.

Now, the Bills are looking like a top three draft pick team this year.  I love it!

That's basically my conversations with Bills fans verbatim.

I can't wait until our matchup. I'll have to break a table or two during my tailgate
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018, 10:51 PM by Bullseye.)

(09-17-2018, 10:39 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 06:47 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Oh, so it's not just my buddy?

That's basically my conversations with Bills fans verbatim.

I can't wait until our matchup. I'll have to break a table or two during my tailgate

I am not interested in breaking any tables.

However, we have two more dinner bets, including our game against Buffalo.

As long as I win that one I am okay vis a vis him.

Of course my absolute preference is to sweep these three bets then win the Super Bowl.  That would likely bring the winning wagers to at least five, and there is nothing else he would be able to say after that.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Am I the only one that still thinks Allen will turn out to be a pretty good QB?

(09-17-2018, 11:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Am I the only one that still thinks Allen will turn out to be a pretty good QB?

Nope. Somewhere in here, I remarked how well he looked during a preseason game and that he’ll be a very good QB.

(09-17-2018, 11:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Am I the only one that still thinks Allen will turn out to be a pretty good QB?

He could, if they give him time, but I don't think they should have him in there this year.  But the fact that they already have him in there this year...I think they're going to break him.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

He's local to me so I'm certainly rooting for him. He actually looks better than I expected so far.

Allen struggling with the basics

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/10/09/j...ting-cast/

According to PFF Sam Darnold has made more bad throws than Allen

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1050887844691156992