Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Looking for a good gourmet coffee

Normally on the weekdays I drink my normal sludge. Either Maxwell House or Folgers Breakfast Blends. But on the weekends I like something a little different. I like the Gevalia's and some of the Starbucks grounds that you can buy in Publix, but just looking for new brands and kinds to try. I'm not a Kcup drinker, I like the grounds. Some of the stores around me used to have their grinder machines down the coffee aisle where you could grind whole gourmet beans but the stores took em out.

Any other gourmet coffee drinkers out there with some ideas or suggestions?

I'd love to find the little vacuum packed and sealed smaller packs of grinds where I could get like 4-5 different kinds, like a gift basket or something.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I drink only Sumatra from Starbucks. I even take it with me when I travel. It's bold and full of flavor. I can't stand morning blend or other weaker coffees. I use the pour over method, too. Best coffee ever.

Seattle's Best #5. Walmart sells it. Good stuff. 

I like Illy, you can get it on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/illy-Ground-Espre...DDDWC?th=1

Quote:Normally on the weekdays I drink my normal sludge. Either Maxwell House or Folgers Breakfast Blends. But on the weekends I like something a little different. I like the Gevalia's and some of the Starbucks grounds that you can buy in Publix, but just looking for new brands and kinds to try. I'm not a Kcup drinker, I like the grounds. Some of the stores around me used to have their grinder machines down the coffee aisle where you could grind whole gourmet beans but the stores took em out.

Any other gourmet coffee drinkers out there with some ideas or suggestions?

I'd love to find the little vacuum packed and sealed smaller packs of grinds where I could get like 4-5 different kinds, like a gift basket or something.

I'm currently trying Daily Chef Premium Ground.   It seems like a substantial step up from my usual Maxwell House ground coffee. 

I bought it at Sam's Club. 

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 07:28 AM by Kotite.)

Go to World Market. Great selection and your money stretches further. Free sniffs.
Only a chump boos the home team!

I used to always buy this for my drip coffee:

https://www.fairwaymarket.com/shipping/c...air-trade/

Locally in Jax I've been getting this from Earth Fare on Atlantic & Kernan:

https://www.earthfare.com/food/earth-fare-coffee   - The "Single Country Origin - PERU" medium roast is pretty nice for drip coffee. 

Pro tip - always buy whole beans and grind them yourself just before brewing.  If you start to really geek out you can upgrade to a burr mill grinder instead of a electric spinning blade type. (less friction and heat means more aromatic oils in your ground coffee)

..or get a coffee maker which grinds the whole beans for you.

Ah. So you're a coffee snob. That explains why you're such a grumpy old prick! HAHA. I am just messing with you man. Gourment coffee wise. You can't go wrong with Two Volcanoes Gourmet. Pretty bomb [BLEEP] coffee man. It's certainly something different.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Ah. So you're a coffee snob. That explains why you're such a grumpy old [BAD WORD REMOVED]! HAHA. I am just messing with you man. Gourment coffee wise. You can't go wrong with Two Volcanoes Gourmet. Pretty bomb [BAD WORD REMOVED] coffee man. It's certainly something different.

Keeps me regular

I'll drink whatever K-cups are on sale....

I do love coffee though and I would suggest going to bold bean to get a pour over. It's un-real.

I drink too much for kcups though. I prolly average 6-7 cups a day with an extra cup or two at night on the weekends.

Quote:I drink too much for kcups though. I prolly average 6-7 cups a day with an extra cup or two at night on the weekends.

You need one of those roll around IV stands.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 05:39 PM by Vicbow Rules.)

There are some local coffee companies selling at Whole Foods and the Winn Dixie on 17 just past NAS Jax. I've tried them before. Pretty good
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:I like Illy, you can get it on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/illy-Ground-Espre...DDDWC?th=1

That's good coffee. I like the various Don Pablo whole bean coffees, also available on Amazon.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:That's good coffee. I like the various <a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_8?url=search-alias%3Dgrocery&field-keywords=don+pablo+whole+bean+coffee&sprefix=don+pabl%2Cgrocery%2C239'>Don Pablo whole bean coffees</a>, also available on Amazon.

Thanks, I might check some out.

Peete's

I'm standing by my original post. World Market has what you need. Variety and a reasonable price. Whole bean or ground. Plus you can pick up some Hippos for your sweet tooth.

There's actually a coffee that's made out of Leopard poop.  Apparently the Leopards eat the coffee beans...and somebody goes behind them with some sort of baggie.  True Story I think.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:There's actually a coffee that's made out of Leopard poop. Apparently the Leopards eat the coffee beans...and somebody goes behind them with some sort of baggie. True Story I think.

Somethin along those lines. Think I saw that on national geographic or sumfin.