Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
After 4,000 episodes, a halt for Jerry Springer's show

After 4,000 episodes, a halt for Jerry Springer's show

Somehow it doesn't seem right for Jerry Springer to exit quietly.

There should be one last thrown chair or a bleep-filled tirade, at the very least. Instead, it was announced with no fanfare this week that he will stop making new episodes of his memorably raucous talk show, and neither Springer nor his bosses will talk about it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/4-000-episode...35591.html
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What a shame.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Crack a chair over someone's head this weekend to commemorate the news.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I didn’t even know he still had a show...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

He sure has made his mark on public discourse.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I always laughed at his "Final Thoughts" segment at the end of every show. Like there ever was a first thought.

(06-21-2018, 09:55 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I didn’t even know he still had a show...

Same.

There may in fact be a God.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Wow. Never watched it.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2018, 09:22 AM by EricC85.)

Garbage TV at it's highest order. I hated that show it reminded me to much of the trailer parks.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Jer-REEE, Jer-REE, Jer-REE...

He should return to politics ... He will fit right in. Now.

(06-24-2018, 04:46 PM)Sammy Wrote: He should return to politics ... He will fit right in. Now.

He does have experience.  Springer (D) was mayor of Cincinnati 1977-1978.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(06-25-2018, 12:30 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 04:46 PM)Sammy Wrote: He should return to politics ... He will fit right in. Now.

He does have experience.  Springer (D) was mayor of Cincinnati 1977-1978.

I believe that’s what the “return” part meant... Big Grin
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

The Real Depolorables

I for one am very saddened by the news. I watch his show nearly every day and back about 20 years ago, they even featured a guy I went to high school with. He was married and cheating on his wife with her cousin. That didn't surprise me at all. I'll miss the show. There was no other program quite like it.

Really the show was over the top and way ahead of it's time. Did you know he started the show like Donahue but then decided to get very off the wall and the ratings increased?
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

(06-27-2018, 12:28 AM)Passepartout Wrote: Really the show was over the top and way ahead of it's time. Did you know he started the show like Donahue but then decided to get very off the wall and the ratings increased?

The ratings increased so much, they eclipsed Oprah's. And I never thought the moves to tame the show down were a coincidence. I think Oprah was directly behind it.

(06-26-2018, 11:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I for one am very saddened by the news. I watch his show nearly every day and back about 20 years ago, they even featured a guy I went to high school with. He was married and cheating on his wife with her cousin. That didn't surprise me at all. I'll miss the show. There was no other program quite like it.

The stories were so stupid. I always figured they were actors and not real people.

(06-30-2018, 12:10 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(06-26-2018, 11:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I for one am very saddened by the news. I watch his show nearly every day and back about 20 years ago, they even featured a guy I went to high school with. He was married and cheating on his wife with her cousin. That didn't surprise me at all. I'll miss the show. There was no other program quite like it.

The stories were so stupid. I always figured they were actors and not real people.

No different than professional wrestling.