Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
More proof that Gun Grabbers are never satisfied

Australia: Law-abiding Rifle Owners Made to Justify Their Guns and Politicians Target “Semi-semi-automatic” Firearms

Further proof that appeasing gun control advocates never works came from Australia this month. Illustrating Australia’s treatment of the right to keep and bear arms as a mere privilege, the West Australia government has demanded that some gun licensees justify their need to own certain types of rifles for a second time. At the national level, gun control advocates are demanding that the Australian Federal Government ban certain types of lever-action rifles and shotguns.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180622...c-firearms
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Of course not it's never about safety it's about contorl. People who wish to disarm the public might even believe they just want a safer world but in reality they want more control of the world around them. They want to prevent evil by trying to control it's ability to commit an act and it's an impossible task. Then there's the other part that just simply want to control the populations actions through a monoploy of force.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

You do understand that strict gun laws are supported by the cast majority of Australians right?
Crazy gun nuts.

They don't need guns; the Queen will protect them.

(06-24-2018, 10:11 AM)lastonealive Wrote: You do understand that strict gun laws are supported by the cast majority of Australians right?
Crazy gun nuts.

If you want to be a "Subject" and not a Citizen to the government, I"m happy for you.....

Americans will never willfully give up their right to bear arms......

The British tried to do that in 1776 and we all know how that turned out......
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

Australia is on a clear path to eventual complete disarmament. In my brief time there, I observed a discernible demarcation in social outlooks between the under 30 and over 30 crowd. Those under 30 are almost wholly on board with a zero gun approach. Sport shooting and hunting is not as prevalent there, so other than military or police service, they see no need to ever shoot a gun. It works for them and still appear to be a robust democracy.

(06-24-2018, 10:11 AM)lastonealive Wrote: You do understand that strict gun laws are supported by the cast majority of Australians right?
Crazy gun nuts.

Majority rule is mob rule. We don't do that here.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2018, 12:21 PM by The Drifter.)

Democracy is 2 wolfs and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote

Ben Franklin

It's cute you think that owning a gun somehow makes you more free as if that would ever help if the government (who you vote for) wanted you gone.

You can't even handle some naughty words on TV. The censorship is amazing. But yeah really free over there while everyone else is a subject...

(06-24-2018, 06:04 PM)lastonealive Wrote: It's cute you think that owning a gun somehow makes you more free as if that would ever help if the government (who you vote for) wanted you gone.

You can't even handle some naughty words on TV. The censorship is amazing. But yeah really free over there while everyone else is a subject...

I truly love how citizens not of this nation continue to bash our country and our way of life.  I mean clearly you live in utopia and as such should be ecstatic to live your life in your own paradise.  Yet you feel the need to constantly tell us how screwed up we are over here.  Oddly I see a flood of people stampeding to get into our screwed up county.  How stupid of those idiots to storm our borders to live our way life!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2018, 07:42 PM by lastonealive.)

Actually you will see that Australia was being bashed and apparently the people aren't free etc etc. Please quote a bash that I made? A joke about how heavily censored your TV can be? Wow toughen up.

Plus all you trumpettes voted for him to make America great again as it was apparently so bad. So blame Trump for American bashing.

(06-24-2018, 07:41 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Actually you will see that Australia was being bashed and apparently the people aren't free etc etc. Please quote a bash that I made? A joke about how heavily censored your TV can be? Wow toughen up.

Plus all you trumpettes voted for him to make America great again as it was apparently so bad. So blame Trump for American bashing.

1.  My response was an accumulation of your post.  Be honest, you can't help yourself but tell us how we should live over here.

2.  Didn't vote for Trump, stop embarrassing yourself by lumping anyone that doesn't support your "worldly" view into a category.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

How did I tell you how to live. Sorry yes we need more censorship on TV here. You guys got it right.

The whole thread is about how bad Australian gun laws are and how America shouldn't go that way...

(06-24-2018, 08:10 PM)lastonealive Wrote: How did I tell you how to live. Sorry yes we need more censorship on TV here. You guys got it right.

The whole thread is about how bad Australian gun laws are and how America shouldn't go that way...

And somehow you turned it into TV censorship in the horrific USA.  My goodness how horrible it must be to share the same planet with us terrible "Merican's

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2018, 08:29 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

(06-24-2018, 06:04 PM)lastonealive Wrote: It's cute you think that owning a gun somehow makes you more free as if that would ever help if the government (who you vote for) wanted you gone.

How does that work, exactly? Even in liberal states like NY, the compliance rate for turning in banned magazines was tiny. This ain't Australia, mate.

Then there's the moral high ground. Any government attempt to ban firearms would be a direct and fatal violation of the contract. They lose all legitimacy at that point. Such a situation is exactly what the 2nd Amendment is for - to alter or abolish a government that has turned against its citizens.

(06-24-2018, 08:21 PM)copycat Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 08:10 PM)lastonealive Wrote: How did I tell you how to live. Sorry yes we need more censorship on TV here. You guys got it right.

And somehow you turned it into TV censorship in the horrific USA.  My goodness how horrible it must be to share the same planet with us terrible "Merican's

Wow I can't believe that touched a nerve. It was a bit of fun at your perceived freedoms.

(06-24-2018, 08:38 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 08:21 PM)copycat Wrote: And somehow you turned it into TV censorship in the horrific USA.  My goodness how horrible it must be to share the same planet with us terrible "Merican's

Wow I can't believe that touched a nerve. It was a bit of fun at your perceived freedoms.

The topic at hand is that those demanding "responsible" restrictions on gun ownership will never be satisfied until only the government has guns.  An example was put forth about Australia's already strict laws being expanded even more.  You yourself have stated many times how wonderful the laws were and how much better it was in your homeland compared to mine.  Care to elaborate on why if your current laws are so wonderful there are those in your country want to expand your current restrictive laws even further with out provocation?  Or shall we deflect the conversation to censorship on American TV?

The problem here is you are thinking like a gun nut. Not many here want looser gun laws. Luckily nobody wrote a vague sentence about gun ownership in an amendment of the constitution that must be followed to this day.

So more restrictive gun laws aren't any infringement on rights, more a will of the people type thing.

(06-24-2018, 08:29 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:

How does that work, exactly?  Even in liberal states like NY, the compliance rate for turning in banned magazines was tiny.  This ain't Australia, mate.  

Then there's the moral high ground.  Any government attempt to ban firearms would be a direct and fatal violation of the contract.  They lose all legitimacy at that point.  Such a situation is exactly what the 2nd Amendment is for - to alter or abolish a government that has turned against its citizens.

The stats show Australia's gun grab failed. Their gun crime stats are almost identical to the pre-ban rate while all others have actually increased. At the same time,  the rates in the awful USA continue to decrease while the manufacture of firearms and private gun ownership more than doubled over the same time period. He's quite simply deluded about his own laws and that's not surprising considering the freedoms they've surrendered to the government.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

This whole gun = freedom thing is a weird American deal. Not sure why you keep applying it to other countries.

Hey we can gamble easier than you can. We are free you are not right?

I would rather gamble than shoot so I'm definitely more free here thanks