Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If it was 1999 again...

Jimmy Smith would be in the top 10  on the 100 list. Fred would be like top 6. Boselli top 3. Brunell would be in the top 15. Darius would be in the 40s maybe 30s. Beasley would maybe...idk top 80.

#1 would have been Marshal Faulk.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And?

If bullfrogs had shotguns rattlesnakes wouldn't [BLEEP] with them.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-28-2018, 04:56 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Jimmy Smith would be in the top 10  on the 100 list. Fred would be like top 6. Boselli top 3. Brunell would be in the top 15. Darius would be in the 40s maybe 30s. Beasley would maybe...idk top 80.

#1 would have been Marshal Faulk.

4 players in the top 15???   Sorry, but no and it's not even close.

P.S.  If you concede Faulk at #1 and insert Boselli at #3, who gets bumped down to #4, Favre, Manning, Warner?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Darius wouldn't be that high on my list. Other than that, good picks.

Brunell would not be in the top 50, and maybe not on the list at all. He had 14 TDs vs. 9 INTS in 1999. The only reason he might make the list is because the team did well.

Likewise, I doubt Boselli would make the top ten. Offensive linemen are rarely rated that high.

Fred Taylor missed a lot of time with his hamstring injury that year.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Doubt it. Half the St. Louis team would have made it that year. Kurt Warner would have been probably the No. 1 overall player. Edgerrin James, Jevon Kearse & Warren Sapp would be pretty high on the list. How did you overlook Tony Brackens though? Fred Taylor wouldn't be in the top six. He wasn't even a top ten leader in rushing yards in 1999. He was still splitting carries with Stewart that year and he only started in nine games. Stewart damn near doubled Freddy in TD's that year with just seven starts to his name.

Boselli, Hardy, Lake, Brackens, Smith, Searcy & Brunell would have made it though. I don't know how high or low but they were all in the pro-bowl in 1999. You could then maybe make a case for McCardell. He was pretty decent in 1999. Smith would have been the most likely player to land inside the top six though. He was arguably the best receiver in 1999. Marvin Harrison was good too. But outside of him and Smith it was just okay. Randy Moss was up there along with Tim Brown and Cris Carter. Maybe Muhsin Muhammad too.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(06-28-2018, 10:19 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Brunell would not be in the top 50, and maybe not on the list at all. He had 14 TDs vs. 9 INTS in 1999. The only reason he might make the list is because the team did well.

Likewise, I doubt Boselli would make the top ten. Offensive linemen are rarely rated that high.

I was going to post that Brunell wouldn't make the top 15, but he might crack the top 50.

Brackens, Henderson, Stroud, Darius and Lake would make it the list on defense. I'm less sure about Hardy unless he sneaks on with a spot in the 90s.

Offensively I know Searcy deserves such an honor, but he was always so underrated that he might get left off. Freddy T, Jimmy Smith and Boselli would all easily be top 20, and McCardell probably makes the top 100 as well.
'02

(06-28-2018, 11:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Doubt it. Half the St. Louis team would have made it that year. Kurt Warner would have been probably the No. 1 overall player. Edgerrin James, Jevon Kearse & Warren Sapp would be pretty high on the list. How did you overlook Tony Brackens though? Fred Taylor wouldn't be in the top six. He wasn't even a top ten leader in rushing yards in 1999. He was still splitting carries with Stewart that year and he only started in nine games. Stewart damn near doubled Freddy in TD's that year with just seven starts to his name.

Boselli, Hardy, Lake, Brackens, Smith, Searcy & Brunell would have made it though. I don't know how high or low but they were all in the pro-bowl in 1999. You could then maybe make a case for McCardell. He was pretty decent in 1999. Smith would have been the most likely player to land inside the top six though. He was arguably the best receiver in 1999. Marvin Harrison was good too. But outside of him and Smith it was just okay. Randy Moss was up there along with Tim Brown and Cris Carter. Maybe Muhsin Muhammad too.

Brackens makes it for sure.

(06-28-2018, 12:10 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I was going to post that Brunell wouldn't make the top 15, but he might crack the top 50.

Brackens, Henderson, Stroud, Darius and Lake would make it the list on defense. I'm less sure about Hardy unless he sneaks on with a spot in the 90s.

Offensively I know Searcy deserves such an honor, but he was always so underrated that he might get left off. Freddy T, Jimmy Smith and Boselli would all easily be top 20, and McCardell probably makes the top 100 as well.

Stroud came into the league in 2001. Big Hen in 2002.

Except they make the list proactively in 1999

Considering Hen's enormous baby consumption skills, and Stroud pure strength, they may have been that special indeed.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2018, 02:46 PM by JagFanatic24.)

In 99 we could have 5 on offense and 5 on defense. The Jaguars would have dominated the 100 list. I forgot about Lake.

(06-28-2018, 12:10 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 10:19 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Brunell would not be in the top 50, and maybe not on the list at all. He had 14 TDs vs. 9 INTS in 1999. The only reason he might make the list is because the team did well.

I was going to post that Brunell wouldn't make the top 15, but he might crack the top 50.

The lack of Jaguars knowledge in this post astounds me

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2018, 02:46 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(06-28-2018, 09:35 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Darius wouldn't be that high on my list. Other than that, good picks.

Thanks. It's always fun to look back at the good ole days. 

Darius always,always set the tone for the defense. I remember guys like Bettis or Iron Head Heyward or maybe Dillion would be creasing our defense, and all the sudden BAM......DD would lay a punishing blow and they didn't want no part after that.

He would almost every game get at least 1 personal foul. He was notorious for that.

(06-29-2018, 09:01 AM)Teal Curtain Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 12:10 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I was going to post that Brunell wouldn't make the top 15, but he might crack the top 50.

The lack of Jaguars knowledge in this post astounds me

Ahhh. He just added Stroud and Henderson in a different era. No big deal. The rest of his picks are spot on.

(06-28-2018, 07:11 AM)Rico Wrote: If bullfrogs had shotguns rattlesnakes wouldn't [BLEEP] with them.

Now there's a redneck saying if I ever heard one.

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2018, 08:01 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Warner and Faulk would probably be 1 and 2

Strahan, Ray Lewis, The Edge, and Marvin Harrison would all be top 10 as well

(06-29-2018, 02:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 09:01 AM)Teal Curtain Wrote: The lack of Jaguars knowledge in this post astounds me

Ahhh. He just added Stroud and Henderson in a different era. No big deal. The rest of his picks are spot on.

I appreciate your kind words. I was thinking '99 was late enough since I knew Coughlin drafted them back-to-back, and he was only around a few more years.

I take it the DTs were G-Funk and Payne. G-Funk might have even been good enough to sniff a spot in the 90s.
'02

(06-30-2018, 11:46 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 02:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Ahhh. He just added Stroud and Henderson in a different era. No big deal. The rest of his picks are spot on.

I appreciate your kind words. I was thinking '99 was late enough since I knew Coughlin drafted them back-to-back, and he was only around a few more years.

I take it the DTs were G-Funk and Payne. G-Funk might have even been good enough to sniff a spot in the 90s.

Like you seemed to be implying, I think #8 tends to be over-evaluated by us Jag fans because he was our QB during that early golden era and because he's probably still the best we've had.  He did have a couple or 3 years there were he was a top 5 player at his position, not sure '99 was it.  That team was loaded offensively. I'd probably put him in the top 50 myself but it's an arguable point.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(07-02-2018, 06:12 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 11:46 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I appreciate your kind words. I was thinking '99 was late enough since I knew Coughlin drafted them back-to-back, and he was only around a few more years.

Like you seemed to be implying, I think #8 tends to be over-evaluated by us Jag fans because he was our QB during that early golden era and because he's probably still the best we've had.  He did have a couple or 3 years there were he was a top 5 player at his position, not sure '99 was it.  That team was loaded offensively. I'd probably put him in the top 50 myself but it's an arguable point.

One of the best things about Brunell was his ability to convert third and long. It could be 3rd and 20, and he'd throw a strike right where it needed to be. 
'02

I just got over 1999 and you post this. SMH

Ah 1999 a great year. I turned 20, I stood in line for a dreamcast launch, and the Jags were good. The overall perception of the franchise was different back then because this was before Malarkey, Gene Smith, Bradley, and mediocre JDR. Kevin Hardy was also a good LB people forget about back then.

The honest truth is Jimmy Smith may have not ever made it in today's game. Drug testing is much more strict and he had the taste for the nose candy. Then again Lawerence Taylor and Michael Irvin are openly known to love the nose candy back in their day and it didn't seem to hurt their reputation that much.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

How many games did the jags lose in 99?
[Image: incredulous.gif]