Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
LA-Bron now official

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com...les-lakers

Lebron signs with the Lakers. Not a huge surprise, but now official.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Damn iiiiiiiiit. I hate this guy and now I have to watch him play on my team.

This is going to be interesting. I like the Lakers and am interested to see what their next moves will be.

So they waste another year of his prime waiting on Kawhi to join them in 2019 while still being maybe the 4th best team in the west? Not a great move IMO. Boston fans are smiling tonight.

(07-01-2018, 09:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So they waste another year of his prime waiting on Kawhi to join them in 2019 while still being maybe the 4th best team in the west? Not a great move IMO. Boston fans are smiling tonight.

pretty lame TBH. I mean if kawhi doesn't want to be there and is willing to sit out, then the only reason to keep in SA is just to hurt his career and be spiteful. It benefits no body. At least SA could get something out of the situation if they were to trade him now rather than let him go to FA next offseason.

(07-01-2018, 10:40 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 09:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So they waste another year of his prime waiting on Kawhi to join them in 2019 while still being maybe the 4th best team in the west? Not a great move IMO. Boston fans are smiling tonight.

pretty lame TBH. I mean if kawhi doesn't want to be there and is willing to sit out, then the only reason to keep in SA is just to hurt his career and be spiteful. It benefits no body. At least SA could get something out of the situation if they were to trade him now rather than let him go to FA next offseason.

If Leonard sits out, he will be under contract for yet another year from my understanding of the CBA. I am not a fan of how Kawhi and his uncle treated one of the classiest franchises in pro sports. Kawhi is good but Pop and the Spurs made him great. It's hard to imagine Kawhi would be the player he is had he remained with Indiana. 

Curious to see how this ends, but this is a terrible look for the Leonard camp and you can't blame the Spurs for not giving him away for a ham sandwich.

At least the next finals wont be GS-Clev
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Who cares? The NBA has become such a joke.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-02-2018, 06:32 AM)Rico Wrote: Who cares?  The NBA has become such a joke.

Absolutely it has.  It's garbage.  It's really, horrendously bad.

LeBron can take the Lakers to the Finals without KL.

(07-01-2018, 08:40 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Damn iiiiiiiiit.  I hate this guy and now I have to watch him play on my team.

Not I. I sent my letter of resignation as soon as I heard he signed.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(07-02-2018, 04:48 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 08:40 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Damn iiiiiiiiit.  I hate this guy and now I have to watch him play on my team.

Not I. I sent my letter of resignation as soon as I heard he signed.

why?

Rondo to the laker... all the reaction i am seeing is that no body in LA can shoot lol.

(07-02-2018, 06:10 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Rondo to the laker... all the reaction i am seeing is that no body in LA can shoot lol.
Kuzma and Ingram can shoot.

He made this move for 2019 when they can sign Khawi and Klay Thompson. He also made it to become an even bigger superstar while playing in LA. No one is going to beat this Warriors team this year so the best chance is to gear up for 2019 when the Warriors will lose some players.

(07-02-2018, 06:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 06:10 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Rondo to the laker... all the reaction i am seeing is that no body in LA can shoot lol.
Kuzma and Ingram can shoot.

He made this move for 2019 when they can sign Khawi and Klay Thompson. He also made it to become an even bigger superstar while playing in LA. No one is going to beat this Warriors team this year so the best chance is to gear up for 2019 when the Warriors will lose some players.
That is sort of the consensus reaction that i am seeing as well. Do you really think they will be able to sign Thompson and kawhi? I mean they will have nothing left. I have also heard some speculation that the spurs may deal KL to the thunder as early as this year because the they could possibly offer up melo and picks and contest the warriors this season. I personally don't see it that way. But it was interesting food for thought.

(07-02-2018, 04:06 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: LeBron can take the Lakers to the Finals without KL.

This didn't age well...
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Yuck but imagine the Celtics have an easy path in the east now.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

https://twitter.com/_shuaa/status/1014185072457547776
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(07-03-2018, 12:26 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Yuck but imagine the Celtics have an easy path in the east now.

Seems like... or the easiest path to getting an [BLEEP] stomping in the finals... I think the NBA will just have to weather this year. 

Since GS got cousins, I really don't think the league really needs to play this season. Just give everyone the year off, give them a trophy, and lets get on to 2019.

This reminds me of rec ball seasons where one team has a stacked group of kids who are up against the age barrier and just maul whoever they play.

I think the lakers are just going to be grinders this season. The NBA is soft so that shouldn't be to difficult. As for the GS, outside of draemond and sometimes klay they are pretty much a finesse team. So if the lakers take the bulldog approach and grind on them i think they will give them good games this year. I think Rondo is a perfect piece for that sort of play.

Rondo/Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma/Labron would be the line i would go with to play the bad boy roll.