Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Titans' Derrick Morgan 'learned a lot' from Jared Allen

Titans' Derrick Morgan 'learned a lot' from Jared Allen

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ared-allen

Former NFL defensive end Jared Allen understands how to get to the opposing quarterback. He imparted some of his wisdom recently on the Tennessee Titans and leading pass rusher Derrick Morgan.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Titans may go 19-0
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(07-05-2018, 02:51 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Titans may go 0-16

You betcha.

I met Jared Allen in a Whole Foods market here in Nashville about 6 months ago. Awesome guy.

(07-06-2018, 11:17 AM)Brett Wrote: I met Jared Allen in a Whole Foods market here in Nashville about 6 months ago. Awesome guy.

Cant believe he moved to nashville. Doesn't he know we're all inbreds and hillbillies?

(07-06-2018, 07:45 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 11:17 AM)Brett Wrote: I met Jared Allen in a Whole Foods market here in Nashville about 6 months ago. Awesome guy.

Cant believe he moved to nashville. Doesn't he know we're all inbreds and hillbillies?

Minus the annoying Titans fans, it's a nice city.

https://atozsportsnashville.com/tennesse...ge-titans/

Vrabel is the anti mularkey

(07-08-2018, 06:17 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: https://atozsportsnashville.com/tennesse...ge-titans/

Vrabel better ask for help...he has zero experience! I still think you are leaning a bit too much on the HC position to fix all your wrongs. From an outsider perspective, it wasn't all Mularkey's fault. Still going to take an OC and talented players to play. Like it or not, your team is a carbon copy of the Jags 3-4 years ago.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2018, 12:38 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(07-08-2018, 11:30 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(07-08-2018, 06:17 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: https://atozsportsnashville.com/tennesse...ge-titans/

Vrabel better ask for help...he has zero experience! I still think you are leaning a bit too much on the HC position to fix all your wrongs. From an outsider perspective, it wasn't all Mularkey's fault. Still going to take an OC and talented players to play. Like it or not, your team is a carbon copy of the Jags 3-4 years ago.

Ouch

I think you got it backwards. Last years Titans should have run away with this division. Mularkey and his lame assistants held them back allowing the jags to sneak away with one..
The tacks coaching staff has been upgraded on every level.
I get that outsiders think mularkey was a good coach. Like deion sanders, not knowing enough to have an opinion but having one anyway

(07-08-2018, 12:34 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-08-2018, 11:30 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Vrabel better ask for help...he has zero experience! I still think you are leaning a bit too much on the HC position to fix all your wrongs. From an outsider perspective, it wasn't all Mularkey's fault. Still going to take an OC and talented players to play. Like it or not, your team is a carbon copy of the Jags 3-4 years ago.

Ouch

I think you got it backwards. Last years Titans should have run away with this division. Mularkey and his lame assistants held them back allowing the jags to sneak away with one..
I get that outsiders think mularkey was a good coach. Like deion sanders, not knowing enough to have an opinion but having one anyway
I know this is the time of year to believe the hype. However, you ended last season with a negative point differential against pretty weak competition! Mariota threw 13 TDs which is bottom of league for starting QBs. Be honest with yourself. The tacks overachieved and were lucky to stumble into a winning record. 

Nobody said Mularkey was a good coach. I said you are putting to much on him being your main issue. While you changed coaches in most areas, that means nothing. You are starting over yet again and expecting different results with same talent level. Another year, another system.  Like I said, Jags 3-4 years ago.

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2018, 05:22 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

AGAIN!

Last Season Mike Verbal did NOT do a good coaching job at all when he was asked to step up and promoted to DC. I'm sure he took the HC job in Tenn, because his stock took a hit from where it was the season before when he was offered the San Fran job. If he had another bad season coaching again, he probably would've missed his chance at being a HC in this league.

He basically was just a position coach who got notoriety being a part of a staff that had the league's best defense for multiple years (even without Watt), but steered it into a ditch when he was in charge of it. I find it absolutely hilarious that you think this guy is going to be the savior or a automatic upgrade over what you already had. He couldn't even lead the defense..now you expect him to lead the entire team?! LOL

P.S.

The Titans' shouldn't have "run away with the division last year", they maxed out last season..prepare yourself for a step back this season.

(07-08-2018, 05:08 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: AGAIN!

Last Season Mike Verbal did NOT do a good coaching job at all when he was asked to step up and promoted to DC. I'm sure he took the HC job in Tenn, because his stock took a hit from where it was the season before when he was offered the San Fran job. If he had another bad season coaching again, he probably would've missed his chance at being a HC in this league.

He basically was just a position coach who got notoriety being a part of a staff that had the league's best defense for multiple years (even without Watt), but steered it into a ditch when he was in charge of it. I find it absolutely hilarious that you think this guy is going to be the savior or a automatic upgrade over what you already had. He couldn't even lead the defense..now you expect him to lead the entire team?! LOL

P.S.

The Titans' shouldn't have "run away with the division last year", they maxed out last season..prepare yourself for a step back this season.

We'll see. Lol 
The texans are lame. Vrabel just wanted out.

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2018, 01:13 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(07-08-2018, 08:07 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-08-2018, 05:08 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: AGAIN!

P.S.

We'll see. Lol 

Lol, yeah OK.

Well let's see if Vrabel can improve that defense of yours enough where Watson doesn't have a record tying 5 TDs and the lame Texans don't almost hang a 60 burger on your squad of "world beaters". 
Rolleyes

Your team is not nearly good enough to cash the checks that you have been writing on this board.

(07-08-2018, 10:22 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(07-08-2018, 08:07 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: We'll see. Lol 

Lol, yeah OK.

Well let's see if Vrabel can improve that defense of yours enough where Watson doesn't have a record tying 5 TDs and the lame Texans don't almost hang a 60 burger on your squad of "world beaters". 
Rolleyes

Your team is not nearly good enough to cash the checks that you have been writing on this board.

Was that one of the texans' 4 wins last year? Lol
They were distracted by death threats that wk. And like i said previously, last years staff were unable to adjust. Watson will look foolish next time.

(07-08-2018, 03:19 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(07-08-2018, 12:34 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Ouch

I know this is the time of year to believe the hype. However, you ended last season with a negative point differential against pretty weak competition! Mariota threw 13 TDs which is bottom of league for starting QBs. Be honest with yourself. The tacks overachieved and were lucky to stumble into a winning record. 

Nobody said Mularkey was a good coach. I said you are putting to much on him being your main issue. While you changed coaches in most areas, that means nothing. You are starting over yet again and expecting different results with same talent level. Another year, another system.  Like I said, Jags 3-4 years ago.

I agree the titans offense was awful last season. It started in preseason and the fossils of a coaching staff had no answer. We waited and waited for things to change. The only signs of life they had was when Mariota took over play calls and the coaching staff were doing nothing but watching. 
Other players spoke up, saying Mariota should call the plays all the time. 
Mularkey was too stubborn to give in, and too proud to adjust. 
You'll see..

(07-09-2018, 07:31 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-08-2018, 03:19 PM)B2hibry Wrote: I know this is the time of year to believe the hype. However, you ended last season with a negative point differential against pretty weak competition! Mariota threw 13 TDs which is bottom of league for starting QBs. Be honest with yourself. The tacks overachieved and were lucky to stumble into a winning record. 

I agree the titans offense was awful last season. It started in preseason and the fossils of a coaching staff had no answer. We waited and waited for things to change. The only signs of life they had was when Mariota took over play calls and the coaching staff were doing nothing but watching. 
You'll see..
You can blame Mularkey for lack of adjustment if you’d like but Mariota had better first half stats and got injured later. What you saw as improvements later actually wasn’t and really it was just desperate improvisation. Once healed, they allowed him back into the RPO game and to select 1 of 5 plays. Left flat, dump middle, RB backside, TE seam, QB run for your life. But hey, good luck if they put it all on Mariota. AFC South is counting on it!

(07-09-2018, 09:46 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 07:31 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: I agree the titans offense was awful last season. It started in preseason and the fossils of a coaching staff had no answer. We waited and waited for things to change. The only signs of life they had was when Mariota took over play calls and the coaching staff were doing nothing but watching. 
You'll see..
You can blame Mularkey for lack of adjustment if you’d like but Mariota had better first half stats and got injured later. What you saw as improvements later actually wasn’t and really it was just desperate improvisation. Once healed, they allowed him back into the RPO game and to select 1 of 5 plays. Left flat, dump middle, RB backside, TE seam, QB run for your life. But hey, good luck if they put it all on Mariota. AFC South is counting on it!

Yes you know so much more than me, you must be the biggest tacks fan on here to know that what i thought was mariota taking charge was actually the genius coaching staff of mularkey and robiskie dumbing down even more for their dumb quarterback. Guess the players calling for mariota to run his own plays were just trying to cheer him up. Thanks for letting us know

(07-09-2018, 11:17 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 09:46 AM)B2hibry Wrote: You can blame Mularkey for lack of adjustment if you’d like but Mariota had better first half stats and got injured later. What you saw as improvements later actually wasn’t and really it was just desperate improvisation. Once healed, they allowed him back into the RPO game and to select 1 of 5 plays. Left flat, dump middle, RB backside, TE seam, QB run for your life. But hey, good luck if they put it all on Mariota. AFC South is counting on it!

Yes you know so much more than me, you must be the biggest tacks fan on here to know that what i thought was mariota taking charge was actually the genius coaching staff of mularkey and robiskie dumbing down even more for their dumb quarterback. Guess the players calling for mariota to run his own plays were just trying to cheer him up. Thanks for letting us know
As an NFL fan and part of the same division, I watch the tacks and see the same games you do. I even browse your boards (man they can be a cesspool of suck at times) But hey, try not to injure your ankles getting off that horse of yours!

FYI, player intent wasn’t for Mariota to call more plays per se but actually pushing to run more no-huddle. They hated JR.

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2018, 08:31 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(07-09-2018, 04:46 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-08-2018, 10:22 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Lol, yeah OK.

Rolleyes

Was that one of the texans' 4 wins last year? Lol
They were distracted by death threats that wk. And like i said previously, last years staff were unable to adjust. Watson will look foolish next time.

Well they lost a QB who as a rookie was actually a MVP candidate and thanks to the horrible job that your new head coach did running our defense they did finish 4-12. However injuries aside you just proved my point.

Lmao, yes we finished 4-12..but guess what buddy, I'm glad you brought that up, because you just proved my point. Your team of world beaters, you know the team that you said should've ran away with the division last year allowed a 4-12 team led by a rookie QB who was making his 3rd professional start stick their foot so far up their [BLEEP] that they were picking your team's teeth with their cleats. Laughing And now you want to run around here all offseason and talk about how your team is Superbowl bound and act like your team is the big dog in this division when the HC you hired played a big part in our team finishing 4-12. 

Also I hate to break this to you, but your "MVP" QB is not nearly as good as you think he is and I also don't think Mularkey was holding him back as much as he was just trying to protect and hide his sorry turnover prone [BLEEP]. It's funny, the last time Mularkey had a real QB in Atlanta, he had a top 10 offense...go figure. Your QB almost threw as many damn picks as he did TDs.. lol and you're going to pile on the coach for not letting "that QB" sling it around the field? Lol.

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2018, 08:53 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(07-09-2018, 08:17 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 04:46 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Was that one of the texans' 4 wins last year? Lol

Well they lost a QB who as a rookie was actually a MVP candidate and thanks to the horrible job that your new head coach did running our defense they did finish 4-12. However injuries aside you just proved my point.

Lmao, yes we finished 4-12..but guess what buddy, I'm glad you brought that up, because you just proved my point. Your team of world beaters, you know the team that you said should've ran away with the division last year allowed a 4-12 team led by a rookie QB who was making his 3rd professional start stick their foot so far up their [BLEEP] that they were picking your team's teeth with their cleats. Laughing And now you want to run around here all offseason and talk about how your team is Superbowl bound and act like your team is the big dog in this division when the HC you hired played a big part in our team finishing 4-12. 

Also I hate to break this to you, but your "MVP" QB is not nearly as good as you think he is and I also don't think Mularkey was holding him back as much as he was just trying to protect and hide his sorry turnover prone [BLEEP]. It's funny, the last time Mularkey had a real QB in Atlanta, he had a top 10 offense...go figure. Your QB almost threw as many damn picks as he did TDs.. lol and you're going to pile on the coach for not letting "that QB" sling it around the field? Lol.

All great points. I'm chalking it up to no offseason (thanks jags), and sorry coaching. Good thing its a contract year. See what mariota can do.. no excuses. 
However i do have to say, i think watson was good last year. He lit up the league, then he got hurt. 
Mariota threw a perfect game his first start. Lets see where they end up. 
But again, good points.

I wish the tacks would break out the oilers throwbacks vs the texans.