Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Leonard Fournette working to raise his yards per carry

Leonard Fournette working to raise his yards per carry

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-per-carry

In an effort to stay healthy in 2018 and improve his stats, Leonard Fournette has sleeked down this offseason and is intent on improving his modest efficiency in his second season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He’ll improve simply by staying healthy. His running was drastically different last year in the first versus second half of season.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(07-09-2018, 09:26 AM)B2hibry Wrote: He’ll improve simply by staying healthy. His running was drastically different last year in the first versus second half of season.

He should stop doing that spin move and start just making decisive cuts as he approaches guys. Also cutting it back toward the middle instead of running into a tackler on the sidelines every now and then would be good, too.

Guy leaves a lot of yards on the field that just a small amount of wiggle and decisiveness could get him.

With Norwell, improvement on the O-LIne should assist Fournette get more YPC.

I like fournette. He reminds me of derrick henry
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(07-09-2018, 09:46 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: I like fournette. He reminds me of derrick henry

Except that whole thing where Henry is terrible running inside and is always trying to go outside while Fournette is pretty good as a gap scheme and power scheme runner that can be counted on to hit the hole, even when the defense has it plugged. Confused

(07-09-2018, 09:51 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 09:46 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: I like fournette. He reminds me of derrick henry

Except that whole thing where Henry is terrible running inside and is always trying to go outside while Fournette is pretty good as a gap scheme and power scheme runner that can be counted on to hit the hole, even when the defense has it plugged. Confused

Henry was trying to make the most of his limited touches because stubborn mularkey stuck with demarco long after demarco was hobbling along like a 72 year old. 
Henrys yards per carry were still better than fournette, so you must be wrong again.

(07-09-2018, 09:56 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 09:51 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Except that whole thing where Henry is terrible running inside and is always trying to go outside while Fournette is pretty good as a gap scheme and power scheme runner that can be counted on to hit the hole, even when the defense has it plugged. Confused

Henry was trying to make the most of his limited touches because stubborn mularkey stuck with demarco long after demarco was hobbling along like a 72 year old. 
Henrys yards per carry were still better than fournette, so you must be wrong again.

I'm not talking stats, I'm talking running style. You're the one that said Fournette reminds you of Henry. (dumb as that statement is) What do stats have to do with running style?

(07-09-2018, 09:59 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 09:56 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Henry was trying to make the most of his limited touches because stubborn mularkey stuck with demarco long after demarco was hobbling along like a 72 year old. 

I'm not talking stats, I'm talking running style. You're the one that said Fournette reminds you of Henry. (dumb as that statement is) What do stats have to do with running style?

I dont think i said "fournettes running style reminds me of henrys" 
When comparring quarterbacks do you only think about throwing motion?

(07-09-2018, 10:10 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 09:59 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I'm not talking stats, I'm talking running style. You're the one that said Fournette reminds you of Henry. (dumb as that statement is) What do stats have to do with running style?

I dont think i said "fournettes running style reminds me of henrys" 

One of the dumbest posts you've ever made. Running style isn't comparable to throwing motion at all. It's almost like you're talking about how long their gait is. No, running style for running backs would be comparable to which throws QBs are good at and like to make, and how likely they are to take off running in certain situations, not something arbitrary like throwing motion.

Your parents didn't give you enough attention.

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2018, 11:03 AM by Nashville.Dave.)

(07-09-2018, 10:18 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 10:10 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: I dont think i said "fournettes running style reminds me of henrys" 

One of the dumbest posts you've ever made. Running style isn't comparable to throwing motion at all. It's almost like you're talking about how long their gait is. No, running style for running backs would be comparable to which throws QBs are good at and like to make, and how likely they are to take off running in certain situations, not something arbitrary like throwing motion.

Exactly. See i knew you knew the difference

(07-09-2018, 10:18 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 10:10 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: I dont think i said "fournettes running style reminds me of henrys" 

You know you are arguing with a kid right?

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2018, 11:08 AM by SeldomRite.)

(07-09-2018, 11:00 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 10:18 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: One of the dumbest posts you've ever made. Running style isn't comparable to throwing motion at all. It's almost like you're talking about how long their gait is. No, running style for running backs would be comparable to which throws QBs are good at and like to make, and how likely they are to take off running in certain situations, not something arbitrary like throwing motion.

Exactly. See i knew you knew the difference

If you're saying you essentially said nothing of value in your original post then we're in agreement.

(07-09-2018, 11:04 AM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 10:18 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: One of the dumbest posts you've ever made. Running style isn't comparable to throwing motion at all. It's almost like you're talking about how long their gait is. No, running style for running backs would be comparable to which throws QBs are good at and like to make, and how likely they are to take off running in certain situations, not something arbitrary like throwing motion.

You know you are arguing with a kid right?

Calling it an argument is going too far, I'm just enjoying some passing banter on the message board.

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2018, 11:12 AM by Nashville.Dave.)

(07-09-2018, 11:05 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 11:00 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Exactly. See i knew you knew the difference

If you're saying you essentially said nothing of value in your original post then we're in agreement.

I said fournette reminds me of henry. You chose one aspect of their playing style thats different but ignored the many ways they are similar. Thats fine, you dont have to see things the way i do. We can disagree

(07-09-2018, 11:05 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 11:00 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Exactly. See i knew you knew the difference

(07-09-2018, 11:04 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: You know you are arguing with a kid right?

Calling it an argument is going too far, I'm just enjoying some passing banter on the message board.

Think he was talking to me.

(07-09-2018, 11:10 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 11:05 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: If you're saying you essentially said nothing of value in your original post then we're in agreement.

I said fournette reminds me of henry. You chose one aspect of their playing style thats different but ignored the many ways they are similar. Thats fine, you dont have to see things the way i do. We can disagree

(07-09-2018, 11:05 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: If you're saying you essentially said nothing of value in your original post then we're in agreement.

You would.

(07-09-2018, 11:15 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 11:10 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: I said fournette reminds me of henry. You chose one aspect of their playing style thats different but ignored the many ways they are similar. Thats fine, you dont have to see things the way i do. We can disagree

You would.

Cant we just ban this guy? He just turns every thread into a Titans discussion.

(07-09-2018, 11:44 AM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 11:15 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: You would.

Cant we just ban this guy? He just turns every thread into a Titans discussion.

I have only posted on a couple threads. Mostly TITANS threads. Geez man

(07-09-2018, 11:49 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 11:44 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: Cant we just ban this guy? He just turns every thread into a Titans discussion.

I have only posted on a couple threads. Mostly TITANS threads. Geez man

no way dude... I see your name in every thread. I think in the politics forum we were talking about abortion and you said that the Titans were better at abortion than the jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2018, 02:50 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(07-09-2018, 01:51 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 11:49 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: I have only posted on a couple threads. Mostly TITANS threads. Geez man

no way dude... I see your name in every thread. I think in the politics forum we were talking about abortion and you said that the Titans were better at abortion than the jaguars.

Glad you're not in charge. You should lighten up
Ban someone for a different opinion. I heard about people like you