Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mobile Ticketing

Question 

Ok. I know I am an old curmudgeon, but the inability to have the choice between paper and mobile is beyond me. They say its 99% less fraudulent. So how did they prevent fraud so far? Personally I believe its about money. Always is. That being said, why not give the option to purchase that seasons tickets as a collectible. I would pay a small(small) fee for this. What do you think?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2018, 12:29 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I agree with you.  Even though I've used mobile tickets on my phone numerous times, I'm always concerned about my phone running out of charge or the screen protector preventing a normal reading of the barcode, which happened once in the security line at the airport.

Just this past Saturday, there was a glitch in the electronic system in Pittsburgh that delayed entry to the Jimmy Buffett concert by 90 minutes for half the crowd --- see link.  I'm not sure if this could have been prevented with paper tix but this could be the beginning of future issues to come.  Below is the pic of the line at 9pm (for thier 7:30pm concert)

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/music/201...1807080107

[Image: Dhi1Y4hU0AAQhGQ.jpg]

Good Lord I hope not. LOL. I see someone came prepared.

I'm more worried if it's a large event - I was very surprised at how smooth the playoff game went, especially since it was an abrupt change for the fans. I expected more fans to not be prepared.

A system outage at a large event can mean chaos if event operations aren't prepared.

On a much smaller scale... I have zero worries about the movies and use mobile all the time. I can't remember the last time I used a ticket or counter to purchase one. It's been a while.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I always looked forward to the packages coming in the mail, I'm gettin' friggin' old man.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Printing and mailing thousands of tickets is quite expensive. Local revenue went up with this action. With a small market team like ours every savings is substantial apparently.

With that said, Seems kinda hard to justify to me personally in a sport so flush with cash, but what the hell can you do. It changes things for me as I made it a habit to NOT take my phone in with me. Now I will have to.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I do think a collectible would be a nice gesture for season tickets, even if it's something you have to come out of pocket for (like an ornament or program that's exclusive to ticket holders.)

I also think printing a hard copy from your computer would make a nice backup. Airlines have all three - printed tickets on ticket stock, self-printable passes, and electronic passes.

When I use Fandango, I take a screenshot of the code to present at the lobby. The image can be easier to pull up than the website/email.

I deal in customer service, and what most customers in most industries desire are options - freedom of choice. They prefer to choose what method is most appealing to them, instead of being forced down a particular path.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I've used the paperless route and it's pretty convenient but I was surprised they didn't have a value added option (print your tickets for a small fee). There could be more to it that's not apparent but if it helps the team stay in Jax and continue to pay good players, it's fine by me.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(07-10-2018, 02:05 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I always looked forward to the packages coming in the mail, I'm gettin' friggin' old man.

I agree.  Getting those tickets in the mail, while not quite Christmas in April like the draft, is still exciting.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(07-10-2018, 02:05 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I always looked forward to the packages coming in the mail, I'm gettin' friggin' old man.

It's like Christmas in July!  I am not a fan of this move to e-tickets but as long as they are winning I'll play along.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Just the beast trying to remind you that 666 in your forehead is the wave of the future and the NFL is all in.

Alot of teams are doing this nowadays across all sports, on some services if you dont want to use you phone you can swipe your credit card and it will recognize you bought the ticket and you will be good to go.

- I, too, am disappointed in not getting paper tickets
- I was also very surprised that the Buffalo game was not a disaster b/c of this but the picture and link above are diconcerting
- the idea of the mobile plane ticket on the phone is interesting but...I will always spend the 30 seconds at the kiosk, print my ticket and know that I'm not leaving it up to the phone
- what if you don't have a cell phone? Stand in line at Will Call?

For the Buffalo game, I did a screenshot of the code and that worked but I forget how to do it. Obviously, phones are different but is there a standard way to do that?
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

So I would have to buy a phone and a data plan to attend a Jaguar game? No other option?

(07-11-2018, 07:53 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: So I would have to buy a phone and a data plan to attend a Jaguar game? No other option?

I asked, via email, the Ticket Office about that- what to do if I don't have a cell phone. No answer yet.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

It actually worked well last year. I love getting my tickets in the mail for nostalgia purposes but scanning my phone is a bit quicker. Just remember to send my magnet and Teal Deals...looking at you Jags!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Someone in this day and age has no cell phone? I don’t know if I should express contempt or jealousy.

I just find it annoying that you're not given a choice. I can't think of another business that doesn't give you an option on how you'd like to receive your bill/ticket.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-11-2018, 09:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Someone in this day and age has no cell phone? I don’t know if I should express contempt or jealousy.

Jealousy!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2018, 11:26 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(07-10-2018, 03:59 PM)pirkster Wrote: I also think printing a hard copy from your computer would make a nice backup.  Airlines have all three - printed tickets on ticket stock, self-printable passes, and electronic passes.

When I use Fandango, I take a screenshot of the code to present at the lobby.  The image can be easier to pull up than the website/email.

The screen shot is key !!!  Nothing worse than getting up to the game only to have the Ticketmaster website informing you to reset your password (when you just had 12 beers)

I'd also prefer to print out a hard copy of the ticket as a backup solution to a phone glitch or something.