Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mobile Ticketing

(07-10-2018, 07:12 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 02:05 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I always looked forward to the packages coming in the mail, I'm gettin' friggin' old man.

I agree.  Getting those tickets in the mail, while not quite Christmas in April like the draft, is still exciting.

Hopefully, we still get the Teal Deal booklets !!  I recall them being issued electronically a few years ago and would anticipate them going back to that methodology.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2018, 01:04 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

(07-11-2018, 09:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Someone in this day and age has no cell phone? I don’t know if I should express contempt or jealousy.

You tell me:

I sat yesterday in the cramped waiting room of the Muslim American Social Services clinic.  Average wait time is 2 hours, a sign said.  We do not refill prescriptions over the phone, another sign said.  The ninety-nine names of Allah beckoned from a poster on the wall.  I had learned at least one of them, because I now recognized the hieroglyphic on a framed embroidery hanging on another wall.  There was a shelf with some ornate platters and a couple of urns whose contents shall remain undiscovered.  There was a box for donations so I tossed in two Federal Reserve Notes.  I was the only one without a phone.  I could hear one end of three phone conversations, none of them very interesting.  An older gentleman in  neon green swim trunks was playing rock music on his phone.  I didn't recognize any of the songs.  Many patients in free clinics do not take proper care of their feet.  An obese little girl was playing a Spanish-language soap opera on her phone, much too loudly.  Everyone else was doing the zombie scroll.  I wondered how much of their remaining short lives would be spent clutching the little screens.  

Yes I see more of what is happening around me but is that even a good thing?  What I mostly see is people looking at their phones.

[Image: quXJzC]

(07-11-2018, 09:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Someone in this day and age has no cell phone? I don’t know if I should express contempt or jealousy.

Haha. I have a phone buried in the glove compartment and rarely use it. Now I have to carry it into games? Yuk, give me paper tix any day.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2018, 03:40 PM by homebiscuit.)

(07-11-2018, 12:59 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:

You tell me:

I sat yesterday in the cramped waiting room of the Muslim American Social Services clinic.  Average wait time is 2 hours, a sign said.  We do not refill prescriptions over the phone, another sign said.  The ninety-nine names of Allah beckoned from a poster on the wall.  I had learned at least one of them, because I now recognized the hieroglyphic on a framed embroidery hanging on another wall.  There was a shelf with some ornate platters and a couple of urns whose contents shall remain undiscovered.  There was a box for donations so I tossed in two Federal Reserve Notes.  I was the only one without a phone.  I could hear one end of three phone conversations, none of them very interesting.  An older gentleman in  neon green swim trunks was playing rock music on his phone.  I didn't recognize any of the songs.  Many patients in free clinics do not take proper care of their feet.  An obese little girl was playing a Spanish-language soap opera on her phone, much too loudly.  Everyone else was doing the zombie scroll.  I wondered how much of their remaining short lives would be spent clutching the little screens.  

Yes I see more of what is happening around me but is that even a good thing?  What I mostly see is people looking at their phones.

I read this on my phone. Smile

(07-11-2018, 03:30 PM)PF* Wrote:

Haha. I have a phone buried in the glove compartment and rarely use it. Now I have to carry it into games? Yuk, give me paper tix any day.

I try to stay out of mine as much as possible. Perusing this board takes up farrrr more time than any other use of my phone. 
Damn you, Jaguars Jungle! (shakes fist)

(07-10-2018, 02:34 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Printing and mailing thousands of tickets is quite expensive. Local revenue went up with this action. With a small market team like ours every savings is substantial apparently.

With that said, Seems kinda hard to justify to me personally in a sport so flush with cash, but what the hell can you do. It changes things for me as I made it a habit to NOT take my phone in with me. Now I will have to.

I received mobile tickets on my phone for the Pats game. (not liking it)  there are too many things that can go wrong that could prevent entry into the game which has been expressed in other threads. So here is a very simple solution to the cost of printing tickets, Allow for the mobile ticket you receive to be printed and thus all the issues are solved.

(07-10-2018, 01:34 PM)pirkster Wrote: I'm more worried if it's a large event - I was very surprised at how smooth the playoff game went, especially since it was an abrupt change for the fans.  I expected more fans to not be prepared.

A system outage at a large event can mean chaos if event operations aren't prepared.

On a much smaller scale... I have zero worries about the movies and use mobile all the time.  I can't remember the last time I used a ticket or counter to purchase one.  It's been a while.
Did anyone consider many senior citizens have mobile phones that do not provide smartphone options?  Does ticket master provide an option for those fans?

If it gets this far I believe I will be done.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/n...on-instead

(07-10-2018, 07:12 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 02:05 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I always looked forward to the packages coming in the mail, I'm gettin' friggin' old man.

I agree.  Getting those tickets in the mail, while not quite Christmas in April like the draft, is still exciting.

Yeah, but how about the really good old days when we went to the stadium to get our season ticket packages?  That was an annual event that my group always looked forward to, and we were disappointed when they started mailing them out.  We got over it quickly, just as most will adapt to this.  

I do agree that they should have a print option available for people for a fee.  Not everyone uses a smart phone, and some who do have them wouldn't know how to download the app or even use it to display their tickets.  

When they went electronic for the playoff game, I figured we were on the cusp of doing it for all games.  I didn't really expect it this soon.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(07-11-2018, 11:24 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 03:59 PM)pirkster Wrote: I also think printing a hard copy from your computer would make a nice backup.  Airlines have all three - printed tickets on ticket stock, self-printable passes, and electronic passes.

When I use Fandango, I take a screenshot of the code to present at the lobby.  The image can be easier to pull up than the website/email.

The screen shot is key !!!  Nothing worse than getting up to the game only to have the Ticketmaster website informing you to reset your password (when you just had 12 beers)

I'd also prefer to print out a hard copy of the ticket as a backup solution to a phone glitch or something.

Just add the tickets to your google pay app or apple wallet ahead of time.  I already have all of my season tickets in my apple wallet.  No need for internet connectivity on game day.  Just open the walled, select the proper ticket and scan the bar code.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2018, 10:09 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(07-12-2018, 08:59 AM)Perkolater Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 11:24 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The screen shot is key !!!  Nothing worse than getting up to the game only to have the Ticketmaster website informing you to reset your password (when you just had 12 beers)

I'd also prefer to print out a hard copy of the ticket as a backup solution to a phone glitch or something.

Just add the tickets to your google pay app or apple wallet ahead of time.  I already have all of my season tickets in my apple wallet.  No need for internet connectivity on game day.  Just open the walled, select the proper ticket and scan the bar code.

Thanks for the insight !!! I'm a step behind on technology and apps so any info to streamline the process is definitely appreciated.

(07-11-2018, 12:59 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:

Y

FWIW those chicks are pretty hot !!

When do tix come?

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2018, 11:37 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(07-12-2018, 10:33 AM)PF* Wrote: When do tix come?

I've had my tix for ~ 2 months now.  Just log into your account - that will provide you access to the invoice and tix which are pretty much square barcodes, nothing fancy.

(07-12-2018, 08:21 AM)FBT Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 07:12 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I agree.  Getting those tickets in the mail, while not quite Christmas in April like the draft, is still exciting.

Yeah, but how about the really good old days when we went to the stadium to get our season ticket packages?  That was an annual event that my group always looked forward to, and we were disappointed when they started mailing them out.  We got over it quickly, just as most will adapt to this.  

I do agree that they should have a print option available for people for a fee.  Not everyone uses a smart phone, and some who do have them wouldn't know how to download the app or even use it to display their tickets.  

When they went electronic for the playoff game, I figured we were on the cusp of doing it for all games.  I didn't really expect it this soon.

Those were the days!  We too traveled as a pack to get our tickets.  In recent years it was phone calls and text:  "Did you get yours yet?"  No need ask what we were talking about.  This year mine have been on my phone for 2 months or so now.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

After the 1998 and 1999 seasons they gave out a commemorative coin celebrating the Division Championship, but only to those who picked up in person. Anybody have both coins? I missed out on the 99 coin due to being out of town.

I read an article on Denverpost dot com that said they have RFID cards for those who purchase tickets and do not have smart phones and/or email.
I guess you buy your tickets however you buy them and then show up to the ticket office and pick up an RFID card or cards to gain entry.

It kinda sucks and certainly could have it's issues. But as stated in the Denver article, it isn't just about fraud but trying to cut down on people buying up STs only to resell them at a profit (especially for places with long waiting lists like Denver and Green Bay)

Times they are a changin'... and we either change with em or get left behind.

(07-12-2018, 12:15 PM)Kane Wrote: I read an article on Denverpost dot com that said they have RFID cards for those who purchase tickets and do not have smart phones and/or email.
I guess you buy your tickets however you buy them and then show up to the ticket office and pick up an RFID card or cards to gain entry.

It kinda sucks and certainly could have it's issues. But as stated in the Denver article, it isn't just about fraud but trying to cut down on people buying up STs only to resell them at a profit (especially for places with long waiting lists like Denver and Green Bay)

What's RFID?

(07-12-2018, 11:36 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 10:33 AM)PF* Wrote: When do tix come?

I've had my tix for ~ 2 months now.  Just log into your account - that will provide you access to the invoice and tix which are pretty much square barcodes, nothing fancy.

Are you on an iPhone or Droid?   Either way assuming you have google pay or the apple wallet when you open your tickets in the Jaguars app you should see a button to add to the wallet/google pay.    Once you do that you are good to go.

(07-12-2018, 01:13 PM)PF* Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 12:15 PM)Kane Wrote: I read an article on Denverpost dot com that said they have RFID cards for those who purchase tickets and do not have smart phones and/or email.

What's RFID?
Radio Frequency ID same thing as the stickers for parking garages, gated community entry, etc.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(07-12-2018, 01:13 PM)PF* Wrote:

What's RFID?

Radio Frequency ID

Think of electronic badges for access to work buildings, etc. where you present a card that unlocks the door.

It's probably just a box a that goes green or red depending on whether or not your card validates against the database.  Not much different from the laser/imager handhelds that scans the tickets - with the exception that there's no scan/capture of a barcode that happens.  The card is activated by presenting it near the reader, and the data is transferred via radio frequency.  Unlike printed tickets, the cards can be reprogrammed and used again for another event and another customer.  For security, they likely reprogram and reissue new cards for every event.  I suppose that could get costly if people don't turn in the cards - I'd wager they collect the cards when scanned since you don't need ticket access beyond the gate - you are free to roam about the stadium.  Not sure how they would handle seating disputes, though.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(07-12-2018, 02:32 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 01:13 PM)PF* Wrote: What's RFID?

Radio Frequency ID

Think of electronic badges for access to work buildings, etc. where you present a card that unlocks the door.

It's probably just a box a that goes green or red depending on whether or not your card validates against the database.  Not much different from the laser/imager handhelds that scans the tickets - with the exception that there's no scan/capture of a barcode that happens.  The card is activated by presenting it near the reader, and the data is transferred via radio frequency.  Unlike printed tickets, the cards can be reprogrammed and used again for another event and another customer.  For security, they likely reprogram and reissue new cards for every event.  I suppose that could get costly if people don't turn in the cards - I'd wager they collect the cards when scanned since you don't need ticket access beyond the gate - you are free to roam about the stadium.  Not sure how they would handle seating disputes, though.
Yeah I'm not sure all the fancy details myself.

Just figure, for those who are impacted in a negative way with the change I assume most places have a solid contingency plan in for the (likely) less than 10% of people who don't have smart phones and such.