Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who's had the best career so far?
Blake Bortles - 54 TDs 42 INTs
Teddy Bridgewater - 28 TDs 21 INTs
Derek Carr - 65 TDs 28 INTs
Jimmy Garoppolo - 5 TDs 0 INTs
[Show Results]

2014 QB Draft Class

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2016, 08:01 PM by ThatsGoodJaguars.)

Who's had the best career so far, and how would you rank them?

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Were these the only Qb's drafted in 2014?

I pick Stephen morris

The answer is obvious. Derek Carr by far.

Carr

Blake/Teddy

Jimmy

Carr

Blake/Teddy

Jimmy

Teddy

Carr is such a star that they're dead last in attendance and moving to Vegas next year.  Jags fans obviously think a lot more of him than Raiders fans...lol

Bortles with those 42 picks tho

1. Carr

2. Teddy

3. Bortles

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Derek Carr. He's leaps and bounds ahead of the mental aspect of the game when it comes to the rest of his peers. But, that's what happens when you play college football for five years. He was more fine tuned and mechanically sound than the rest of his peers but people felt his ceiling was lower than some of the other quarterbacks coming out. 

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Blake Bortles is easily right behind him out of this class. Coming out of the UCF as a junior for a bush leauge headcoach and after it was announced that they didn't want him to start at all as a rookie was tough enough for him. He's still learning and growing on the go. And he's just barely eclipsed two full seasons worth of NFL starts. I think he's been inconsistent but I expect that out of him. He's still young. Just think Olson needs to stop trying to make him into a pocket passer and let him get outside of the pocket where we know for a fact that he statistically shines more that way. 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Teddy Bridgewater is third. I think he's been a let down to be quite honest with you. He was drafted into a great situation. Has an outstanding football coach and defense to support him all the way. He had Peterson to take a HUGE amount of pressure off of him. Sadly due to the knee injury and the sudden emergence of Sam Bradford I think his days are officially numbered already barring a huge collapse this year by the Vikings at some point. I could see Tedd being shipped off to a team like Arizona, Buffalo, Chicago, New York and even New Orleans at some point in the off-season. He just simply has very pedestrian numbers for a QB in his position. 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Jimmy Garapolo is in the best situation out of all of these quarterbacks. And if Brady retires by 2018 and Belicheck retires as well there's a good chance Josh McDaniel's either takes over the job and starts leading with Jimmy or they both move onto a new franchise to build something. But he's very athletic and he's had the privilege of learning behind arguably the greatest quarterback to ever play the game and arguably the greatest headcoach to every lead a team. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">Derek Carr. He's leaps and bounds ahead of the mental aspect of the game when it comes to the rest of his peers. But, that's what happens when you play college football for five years. He was more fine tuned and mechanically sound than the rest of his peers but people felt his ceiling was lower than some of the other quarterbacks coming out.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">Blake Bortles is easily right behind him out of this class. Coming out of the UCF as a junior for a bush leauge headcoach and after it was announced that they didn't want him to start at all as a rookie was tough enough for him. He's still learning and growing on the go. And he's just barely eclipsed two full seasons worth of NFL starts. I think he's been inconsistent but I expect that out of him. He's still young. Just think Olson needs to stop trying to make him into a pocket passer and let him get outside of the pocket where we know for a fact that he statistically shines more that way.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">Teddy Bridgewater is third. I think he's been a let down to be quite honest with you. He was drafted into a great situation. Has an outstanding football coach and defense to support him all the way. He had Peterson to take a HUGE amount of pressure off of him. Sadly due to the knee injury and the sudden emergence of Sam Bradford I think his days are officially numbered already barring a huge collapse this year by the Vikings at some point. I could see Tedd being shipped off to a team like Arizona, Buffalo, Chicago, New York and even New Orleans at some point in the off-season. He just simply has very pedestrian numbers for a QB in his position.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">Jimmy Garapolo is in the best situation out of all of these quarterbacks. And if Brady retires by 2018 and Belicheck retires as well there's a good chance Josh McDaniel's either takes over the job and starts leading with Jimmy or they both move onto a new franchise to build something. But he's very athletic and he's had the privilege of learning behind arguably the greatest quarterback to ever play the game and arguably the greatest headcoach to every lead a team.

This

The "so far" part makes it virtually impossible not to put Carr first and Blake 2nd. Who cares about the so far though. 

Going forward is what counts. In that matter, I think it's pretty hard to say Blake isn't the one with the most work to do among the 4. 

Also, they're all young Caldrac why throw that exemption in for Blake only? Teddy is even younger. 

To me, it's all about the Ws & Ls.... Bridgewater has had the best career so far if not for the season ending injury, which is why I picked Carr. 

Garrapolo looked sharp in the two games he was able to play. 

Bortles... I really hate talking bad about the guy on your board, but.. maybe next year will be his year. 

Aj McCarron's team has won a lot of games.. Aj hadn't played much, but looked pretty good when he did. 

ImATexan

Quote:The "so far" part makes it virtually impossible not to put Carr first and Blake 2nd. Who cares about the so far though. 

Going forward is what counts. In that matter, I think it's pretty hard to say Blake isn't the one with the most work to do among the 4. 

Also, they're all young Caldrac why throw that exemption in for Blake only? Teddy is even younger. 

I said he's still young in regards to being that some of his inconsistencies that I cited earlier can be addressed with time and good coaching. We knew he was going to be a work in progress. That he wasn't as polished as guys like Carr who had five years of college football and Bridgewater who was more of a technician from the pocket. Caldwell admitted that. Bradley acknowledged that as well.

As far as Teddy. I am looking at it from a logical stand point. Think about it. He's only managed to 28 TD's to 21 INT's. He's been supported to by a wrecking crew defense and stout running game. Zimmer and Wolfe went out and traded quite a few picks to bring in Bradford. His job is literally on the line now with him being sidelined with an injury. That's why I didn't write him off. He could be shopped around in the off-season to a team that's looking to get younger and potentially better at the QB position.  

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Pre-draft I liked Teddy and Blake in the first, and I liked Garrapolo and Carr in the second. 

If I were making a draft board for 2014 now:

I like Carr and Garrapolo in the first, Blake in the second (though he wouldn't have made it out of the first) and Teddy in the third. 

It's kind of a toss up between Jimmy and Derek for me. I think they are both very good. Blake is second and still has a LOT of upside/potential to be a great QB. Teddy should prove to be a good QB if he can get above average protection.  

Quote:Bortles with those 42 picks tho

1. Carr

2. Teddy

3. Bortles

To be fair, Bridgewater would have been in a coma at the end of his first season from all the hits he took.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Currently I'd go

Carr

Bortles

Bridgewater

Jimmy G

However, I still believe Carr has been in the best position overall and has been able to take advantage of that fact. I also didnt realize he had as many INTs as he does, which dont get me wrong, obviously its not as many as Blake, but still I actually thought he had less.

Time will tell how things will turn out still, I mean will Jimmy be a starter some place? will teddy come back? will Blake get better? I wish we had time machines :-p

Quote:As far as Teddy. I am looking at it from a logical stand point. Think about it. He's only managed to 28 TD's to 21 INT's. He's been supported to by a wrecking crew defense and stout running game. Zimmer and Wolfe went out and traded quite a few picks to bring in Bradford. His job is literally on the line now with him being sidelined with an injury. That's why I didn't write him off. He could be shopped around in the off-season to a team that's looking to get younger and potentially better at the QB position.  

I can't imagine Minnesota shopping him around this off-season. Sam Bradford might make 16 games this season. Maybe. If he does, it isn't likely he'll do it again next season. 

ImATexan

Remember when this board used to say "he is David Carr's brother, so he probably sucks too" .

Also, remember alot of people wanted to draft noodle arm bridgewater