Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** THE OFFICIAL 2018-2019 PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD ***

AUGUST 10 @ 3 p.m. ET  (ManU vs LC)

Aug 11 @ 10 a.m. (ET) - Fulham FC opens up at home vs Crystal Palace 

New Kits Revealed !!! 

https://talksport.com/football/387270/pr...ys-strips/

Bournemouth's kit is sweet, as usual.  Away kit is bland
Crystal Palace has great home and away kids this year
Fulham FC has a sweet home kit (black & white).  Away blue kit is decent.

Comments on your team?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-11-2018, 11:56 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: AUGUST 10 @ 3 p.m. ET  (ManU vs LC)

Aug 11 @ 10 a.m. (ET) - Fulham FC opens up at home vs Crystal Palace 

New Kits Revealed !!! 

https://talksport.com/football/387270/pr...ys-strips/

Bournemouth's kit is sweet, as usual.  Away kit is bland
Crystal Palace has great home and away kids this year
Fulham FC has a sweet home kit (black & white).  Away blue kit is decent.

Comments on your team?

You beat me to it.. I was going to compile odds etc once the transfer window had closed... but hey, I'll just do the research and add it all in here...

I will have a secondary thread running for the Championship, League 1 and League 2.. in there I'll also keep people up-to-date with the domestic competitions (FA Cup etc).
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(07-12-2018, 03:05 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: You beat me to it.. I was going to compile odds etc once the transfer window had closed... but hey, I'll just do the research and add it all in here...

I will have a secondary thread running for the Championship, League 1 and League 2.. in there I'll also keep people up-to-date with the domestic competitions (FA Cup etc).

Adding Odds is a good idea.  It's not January so I don't have to start looking at relegation yet -- lol.

The Championship League thread will be strange without Fulham FC but it will be kind of interesting since I'm starting to get familiar with some of those teams via PL relegations.  It's a gradual process for me as I'm entering my 3rd year of following the leagues.

(07-12-2018, 09:47 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 03:05 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: You beat me to it.. I was going to compile odds etc once the transfer window had closed... but hey, I'll just do the research and add it all in here...

Adding Odds is a good idea.  It's not January so I don't have to start looking at relegation yet -- lol.

The Championship League thread will be strange without Fulham FC but it will be kind of interesting since I'm starting to get familiar with some of those teams via PL relegations.  It's a gradual process for me as I'm entering my 3rd year of following the leagues.

We'll have you knowing everything from Manchester United to Macclesfield Town in no time..

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2018, 10:18 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(07-12-2018, 10:03 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 09:47 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Adding Odds is a good idea.  It's not January so I don't have to start looking at relegation yet -- lol.

We'll have you knowing everything from Manchester United to Macclesfield Town in no time..

ha !!  I'm not there yet.  I'm just now learning the history of how Sheffield Wednesday got its name (originating from the Wednesday Cricket Club who played their matches on Wednesday then used footballing to keep them in shape during the winter months so they kept the Wednesday name for that as well) --- i love wikipedia !!!

Wow, football league chat too!

Let's go anyone but Man U, Man City, and Chelsea

Premier League, now with 100% more Fulham.

(07-12-2018, 01:45 PM)Andy G Wrote: Wow, football league chat too!

Gotta be done!

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2018, 09:57 AM by JagsorDie.)

(07-12-2018, 01:51 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Let's go anyone but Man U, Man City, and Chelsea  Arsenal

Fixed it for ya.

Going to be a interesting summer transfer window. Ronaldo to juve, Hazard leaving Chelsea, Will bale stay RM? should be some good shifts. Loosing hazard will suck but hopefully sarri is difference maker my boys need to compete with the Man C again. Last year was a joke.

(07-12-2018, 10:17 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 10:03 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: We'll have you knowing everything from Manchester United to Macclesfield Town in no time..

ha !!  I'm not there yet.  I'm just now learning the history of how Sheffield Wednesday got its name (originating from the Wednesday Cricket Club who played their matches on Wednesday then used footballing to keep them in shape during the winter months so they kept the Wednesday name for that as well) --- i love wikipedia !!!

I like Sheffield United myself. They have interesting history as well. Bunch of the factory workers from Sheffield (either used to or still do) make up their fan base. Very blue collar team from my understanding. Not going to lie i started looking into them because i thought they had a sweet badge and i dig the red/black/white color combo, but they have a very rich history. Most teams in England have deep roots once you start looking into them.

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2018, 03:01 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Not bad -- pretty sweet kits as well.

[Image: sheffield-united.jpg]

[Image: leon-clarke-of-sheffield-united-celebrat...s5Qfu2V_c=]

(07-18-2018, 03:01 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Not bad -- pretty sweet kits as well.

[Image: sheffield-united.jpg]

[Image: leon-clarke-of-sheffield-united-celebrat...s5Qfu2V_c=]
Right, Those were last seasons but this seasons are pretty cool as well. Plus they call themselves "The Blades".

You definitely need to watch some league football.

I follow Bristol City (another Championship club) and you don’t see the same number of superstars as the Premier League, but it’s still a good quality of football. Plus a lot of history and rivalry among the league clubs.

Bristol City apparently tried to buy the USMNT #1 Keeper for 3.9 million but got rejected. Would have been a good buy for them

(07-20-2018, 02:12 AM)ColoJag Wrote: Bristol City apparently tried to buy the USMNT #1 Keeper for 3.9 million but got rejected. Would have been a good buy for them

Interesting.

They’ve certainly got the cash in the bank to come back with a better offer and our goalie last season wasn’t very good, but there might be cheaper alternatives elsewhere.

(07-19-2018, 05:22 PM)Andy G Wrote: You definitely need to watch some league football.

I follow Bristol City (another Championship club) and you don’t see the same number of superstars as the Premier League, but it’s still a good quality of football. Plus a lot of history and rivalry among the league clubs.

Uh oh..... I sense a rivalry coming on...

I'm a Swindon Town fan... 

(I follow Southampton due to living 4 miles from the Stadium).

Don’t worry, we don’t see you as rivals. Smile

(07-20-2018, 12:06 PM)Andy G Wrote: Don’t worry, we don’t see you as rivals. Smile

I think the days of our rivalry is long gone.. at least you don't wear yellow like those guys up the A420.

If anyone wants to join my Fantasy always the link is https://fantasy.premierleague.com and the PIN is 836883-187683

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk