Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jeff Fisher to call Jets @ Jags in Jacksonville

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...nt-6286761

Suppose we can get a "Fisher sucks" chant going for old time sake?
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hope he doesn't talk about how he owns the stadium.
'02

Why though?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(07-12-2018, 03:06 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I hope he doesn't talk about how he owns the stadium.

Oh he will. Theres a reason fisher got this game...
[Image: incredulous.gif]

Jeff Fisher finished his head coaching career with 6 straight losing seasons. Also, he tied the record for the most cumulative losses in regular seasons by a head coach in the history of the NFL. I have no love for Fisher as a Jag's fan.

(07-12-2018, 02:03 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...nt-6286761

I thought they were chanting "Fisher Subs"

(07-12-2018, 04:41 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 02:03 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...nt-6286761

I thought they were chanting "Fisher Subs"

That's what I told my then 4 year old to yell!
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

That might be a marketing dream for the Jags. Tennessee Top Hat day at the bank.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2018, 06:31 PM by Bullseye.)

(07-12-2018, 04:59 PM)FBT Wrote: That might be a marketing dream for the Jags.  Tennessee Top Hat day at the bank.

Instead of the Khan moustaches, they could give out Fisher unibrows or mullets at the stadium.

On some level, I think Fox is trolling us, but I am left to wonder why Fox would even have this game.

As a general rule, CBS broadcasts the AFC games while NFC games are broadcast by Fox.  In the case of inter conference games, if the AFC team hosts, Fox typically broadcasts the games and if the NFL team hosts, CBS typically broadcasts.  This has historically been done to allow networks to broadcast teams they otherwise rarely would.

This is not an inter conference game.  This is a game between to AFC teams.

It is my understanding that Fox was awarded broadcast rights to Thursday night games.  However, this is a Sunday game.

Within the last couple of years, flex games have been awarded to networks late in the season based on any number of criteria.

This Jaguars-Jets matchup is an early to mid season game.

Why is Fox broadcasting this game?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(07-12-2018, 04:11 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Jeff Fisher finished his head coaching career with 6 straight losing seasons.  Also, he tied the record for the most cumulative losses in regular seasons by a head coach in the history of the NFL.  I have no love for Fisher as a Jag's fan.

That's the only reason I have no love for him. Anything outside of that means nothing.

(07-12-2018, 06:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 04:59 PM)FBT Wrote: That might be a marketing dream for the Jags.  Tennessee Top Hat day at the bank.

Instead of the Khan moustaches, they could give out Fisher unibrows or mullets at the stadium.

On some level, I think Fox is trolling us, but I am left to wonder why Fox would even have this game.

As a general rule, CBS broadcasts the AFC games while NFC games are broadcast by Fox.  In the case of inter conference games, if the AFC team hosts, Fox typically broadcasts the games and if the NFL team hosts, CBS typically broadcasts.  This has historically been done to allow networks to broadcast teams they otherwise rarely would.

It is my understanding that Fox was awarded broadcast rights to Thursday night games.  However, this is a Sunday game.

Within the last couple of years, flex games have been awarded to networks late in the season based on any number of criteria.

They really screwed this up last season. The rule about the interconference games was thrown out apparently. It was a mess about time for the games against the nfc west. Many ticked off tack fans got to watch em cowboys instead. 
You jag fans ever deal with that? Or does your region actually have some loyalty, even if your team is in last place?

(07-12-2018, 06:38 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 06:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Instead of the Khan moustaches, they could give out Fisher unibrows or mullets at the stadium.

They really screwed this up last season. The rule about the interconference games was thrown out apparently. It was a mess about time for the games against the nfc west. Many ticked off tack fans got to watch em cowboys instead. 
You jag fans ever deal with that? Or does your region actually have some loyalty, even if your team is in last place?

To the best of my recollection, no Jaguars games were ever not broadcast in our area due to the change in broadcasting inter conference games.

I'm sorry to hear that happened to the tacks.  Apparently, the relevant networks decided that nobody really cares about the second place tacks, even in Trashville.

Can't say I blame them for making that assumption.  We certainly don't care about the second place tacks.  To be honest, I don't see why anyone would.  We are loyal to our Jaguars, who, by the way, finished in first place.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(07-12-2018, 06:38 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: They really screwed this up last season. The rule about the interconference games was thrown out apparently. It was a mess about time for the games against the nfc west. Many ticked off tack fans got to watch em cowboys instead. 

That sucks for you guys. I've been watching long enough to remember when tack games were actually broadcast in Nashful.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2018, 09:17 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(07-12-2018, 08:51 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 06:38 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: They really screwed this up last season. The rule about the interconference games was thrown out apparently. It was a mess about time for the games against the nfc west. Many ticked off tack fans got to watch em cowboys instead. 

That sucks for you guys. I've been watching long enough to remember when tack games were actually broadcast in Nashful.

Well to be fair, it was east tn that did that crap, not nash vegas. However the whole state should broadcast the tacks, unlike florida who has 3 teams to fight over. Guess jacksonville is about the size of dollywood so i can see why you guys get to see the jags every wk.
What screwed us was the games out west in the 4:15 slot. Some of the state chose to show a game at 1 and infomercials at 4. Who wants to see ads when you could watch mularkeys smashmouth erotica?
And at the time the tacks were in first place. They only let the jags take the division lead because they had a band of fools for a coaching staff

(07-12-2018, 09:01 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 08:51 PM)hb1148 Wrote: That sucks for you guys. I've been watching long enough to remember when tack games were actually broadcast in Nashful.

Well to be fair, it was east tn that did that crap, not nash vegas. However the whole state should broadcast the tacks, unlike florida who has 3 teams to fight over. Guess jacksonville is about the size of dollywood so i can see why you guys get to see the jags every wk.
What screwed us was the games out west in the 4:15 slot. Some of the state chose to show a game at 1 and infomercials at 4. Who wants to see ads when you could watch mularkeys smashmouth erotica?
And at the time the tacks were in first place. They only let the jags take the division lead because they had a band of fools for a coaching staff

NFL has designated Orlando as the Jag's "secondary market". They still sometimes show Bucs games anyway and the local TV station gets in trouble for it. I guess that's roughly equivalent to eastern tackville. That doesn't impact our viewership in the primary market though, we regularly lead the league in the department. Tacks in first place was a statistical anomaly. It's going to get worse over the next few years.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(07-14-2018, 07:36 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 09:01 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Well to be fair, it was east tn that did that crap, not nash vegas. However the whole state should broadcast the tacks, unlike florida who has 3 teams to fight over. Guess jacksonville is about the size of dollywood so i can see why you guys get to see the jags every wk.

NFL has designated Orlando as the Jag's "secondary market". They still sometimes show Bucs games anyway and the local TV station gets in trouble for it. I guess that's roughly equivalent to eastern tackville. That doesn't impact our viewership in the primary market though, we regularly lead the league in the department. Tacks in first place was a statistical anomaly. It's going to get worse over the next few years.

The whole 'the orlando manager likes the Dolphins' thing was BS. I missed so many games cause of that when I was there. Its about time someone got in trouble. The guy was doing it for years.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I'll be at that game guys. If anyone would like to get together for a minute and have a shot or a drink let me know. Got tickets to the Steelers game

(07-12-2018, 06:38 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [quote pid='1132989' dateline='1531433784']

[/quote]

Here in Tally, if the Jags played the NFC, we were stuck with the dirty birds. And I was out doing yardwork instead.

I guess we're being punished by the NFL for something

(07-19-2018, 11:17 PM)haveaseat Wrote: I guess we're being punished by the NFL for something

#becausejaguars