Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting discussion on ESPN

(07-12-2018, 06:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I say we're actually number one. This team resembles the Seahawks from a few years ago. Stout defense. Stout running game. Not too flashy in the passing game but they manage to get by with okay players at the position. And just play mistake free football. Atlanta had their shot. They blew it in the most prolific fashion possible. The Chargers had their chance years ago. That window has closed.

The Vikings being a shoe in or higher than us is funny to me. They were caught off guard completely in Philadelphia earlier this year. At least we still had a chance in our loss to the Patriots. Even with Cousins you still have to factor in that when Rodgers is healthy in Green Bay it's almost always their division for the taking. I think it's us that stands the best chance to win it. And we'll end up playing the Patriots, Steelers & Chiefs this year. All are play-off caliber teams or better. So we'll know whether or not they've bought into the media hype.

I agree our team is built more like the Seahawks, the recent Broncos Super Bowl team, and going further back, Tampa and the Ravens.  In terms of the "okay players at the position," descriptor you give Seattle, I submit that is more applicable to the receivers than it is to Russell Wilson.  I think Wilson is at least very good.

I strongly disagree about the Chargers not being viable contenders. 

Phillip Rivers is still among the best QBs in the AFC.  They have a good running game, good receivers, and a very strong defense.

The talent on that team, especially along the D-line, rivals ours.  More than any other team in the AFC, they match up very well with us, and I include Tennessee in that.  When we played last year, they out played us for most of that game, and by most measures should have won that game.  I have repeatedly stated that is the one team I do not want this team to face in January.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
Interesting discussion on ESPN - by Bullseye - 07-12-2018, 03:37 PM
RE: Interesting discussion on ESPN - by Deacon - 07-12-2018, 04:11 PM
RE: Interesting discussion on ESPN - by Bullseye - 07-12-2018, 04:34 PM
RE: Interesting discussion on ESPN - by FBT - 07-12-2018, 05:01 PM
RE: Interesting discussion on ESPN - by Bullseye - 07-12-2018, 05:11 PM
RE: Interesting discussion on ESPN - by Caldrac - 07-12-2018, 06:59 PM
RE: Interesting discussion on ESPN - by Bullseye - 07-12-2018, 08:01 PM
RE: Interesting discussion on ESPN - by Caldrac - 07-13-2018, 04:06 PM
RE: Interesting discussion on ESPN - by dennisp3 - 07-13-2018, 10:35 AM
RE: Interesting discussion on ESPN - by jaguarmvp - 07-12-2018, 07:50 PM