Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Rosen's idea to fix college athletics

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/josh-rosen-...48893.html

Interesting idea.  I am sure there would be hiccups, but it is better than what is going on now.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't like it.
What I don't understand is why no one in this country is attempting to compete outside college football.
Colleges don't pay the players.
If you started a league, and you only took players that were 18-21 years of age, but you offered them MONEY, wouldn't you end up with the top young players all competing with each other?
What is stopping someone from doing this?
I get that to be credible, you'd need a lot of upfront money. You'd need to get 6-10 teams running with 40-50 players each in stadiums they could potentially fill, all on day 1. No good player wants to display his talent among a bunch of scrubs in a stadium that's only 1/3 full, if he has better options.
But there are so many wealthy people in the US who love football. Why have none of them tried this?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

call me crazy but getting a free education seems payment enough for me. Especially when you consider the amount of debt most people who go to college incur in their time. It is a bit of a raw deal for kids who get no scholarships. Its even worse of a deal for players who don't take that education seriously and squander what many people spend a lifetime paying for.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2018, 08:28 AM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(07-16-2018, 12:21 PM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/josh-rosen-...48893.html

Interesting idea.  I am sure there would be hiccups, but it is better than what is going on now.

Many are realizing that a NFL developmental league is the solution.

By bypassing the college campus, future NFL players can study football without the distractions of SEC bag men shoveling them cold hard cash under the table, being solicited by cleat-chasers looking to taint their public image, etc.

Colleges will benefit greatly by eliminating a large group of untalented students, who as we all know, don't even have to attend college classes. Most college football recruits have a very large sense of entitlement, most of whom have been treated as privileged characters since their Pop Warner days.

College football should be played by college students. Pro football should be played by pro football players. Under the present BROKEN DOWN system neither is the norm.

Ban college football for five years. During that time develop the transition platform allowing what would otherwise be blue chip college football recruits to head right into paying football jobs.

When college football returns after the moratorium it will be much like what college football is supposed to be like with lots less illegal money being stuffed into the pockets of NON-STUDENT athletes and various forms of payments made to insure a college athletic program maintains a certain level of public deniability.

Yeah. Sometimes I channel my inner crazy-angry and write it out too.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(07-30-2018, 10:19 AM)Deacon Wrote: Yeah. Sometimes I channel my inner crazy-angry and write it out too.

In essence, you can not comprehend change.

(07-31-2018, 09:25 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 10:19 AM)Deacon Wrote: Yeah. Sometimes I channel my inner crazy-angry and write it out too.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's it's more trying to make sense of your psychotic ramblings.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-31-2018, 09:25 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:

Except for all of the times that I implement change in my professional, romantic and leisure life.

But yeah, other than that maybe you have a point.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(08-03-2018, 04:39 PM)Deacon Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 09:25 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: In essence, you can not comprehend change.

Except for all of the times that I implement change in my professional, romantic and leisure life.

Simplicity is key, so I combined mine. 

I'm not invited on golf outings anymore.

(08-01-2018, 08:17 AM)Rico Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 09:25 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: In essence, you can not comprehend change.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's it's more trying to make sense of your psychotic ramblings.

His ideas may be so unlikely that they are fantasy, but, they weren't psychotic.  They do have internal logic to them.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-03-2018, 05:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 04:39 PM)Deacon Wrote: Except for all of the times that I implement change in my professional, romantic and leisure life.

Simplicity is key, so I combined mine. 

I'm not invited on golf outings anymore.

I think maybe I should try your approach...