Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** THE OFFICIAL FULHAM F.C. THREAD ***

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2018, 10:24 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

This thread is being established to discuss Fulham FC as it relates to History, Tradition, Ownership, Management, Craven Cottage Renovations, Traditions, etc.  as they compare to other Premier League (PL) teams.  I've been doing a lot of research on Fulham FC and I think a lot of people new to the PL are going to be quite surprised on the strong history and tradition that Fulham FC has.

[Image: Craven-Cottage.jpg?w968h681]

CRAVEN COTTAGE RENOVATIONS APPROVED

https://talksport.com/football/354670/fu...321276313/

[Image: screen_shot_2018-03-21_at_14.12.02-1.png...uality=100]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They have a statue of Michael Jackson. Little odd but what ever.

Shad's yacht docked next to the stadium would look pretty sweet though. I don't know if it can access that part of the river but it would be awesome if it was possible.

(07-18-2018, 09:53 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: They have a statue of Michael Jackson. Little odd but what ever.

Shad's yacht docked next to the stadium would look pretty sweet though. I don't know if it can access that part of the river but it would be awesome if it was possible.

Had, past tense. It got moved last I heard.

It’s because the previous owner was friends with Uri Geller and Geller was a friend of Jackson (at least that’s how I remember it!)

Thank God they took that thing down. I'd have to imagine it was killing their property value around the vastly expensive Fulham / Hammersmith community. Has anyone looked at the price of homes in that area ??? The cost of a 1-2 bedroom townhome (flat) consisting of ~ 800 sq. ft.costs in excess of 500,000 pounds (or $650,000 USD)

The statue is now in the National Football Museum in Manchester.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Mitrovic has signed for £22m.

It’ll be interesting to see if he’s Premier League quality or just another Championship striker who can’t make the step up.

But they couldn’t let him go after he fired th to promotion last season.

(07-30-2018, 03:46 PM)Andy G Wrote: Mitrovic has signed for £22m.

It’ll be interesting to see if he’s Premier League quality or just another Championship striker who can’t make the step up.

But they couldn’t let him go after he fired th to promotion last season.

André Schürrle is a ridiculous signing for them, too!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Well, I went to Lynch's (Jax Beach) to watch the Fulham vs Crystal Palace match. Including my wife and I, there were a total of 4 people there to root on Fulham. It's actually a Chelsea & ManU Fan Club sports pub.

Oh well, game kind of sucked. Fabri (Goalkeeper) made a bonehead move which allowed a goal AND Fulham got screwed on an obvious penalty when they were down 1-0 but the penalty wasn't called.

Tottenham better beware. You don't want to play Fulham after a loss !!! Bring on the Hotspurs !!!

(08-12-2018, 08:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Well, I went to Lynch's (Jax Beach) to watch the Fulham vs Crystal Palace match.  Including my wife and I, there were a total of 4 people there to root on Fulham.  It's actually a Chelsea & ManU Fan Club sports pub.

Oh well, game kind of sucked.  Fabri (Goalkeeper) made a bonehead move which allowed a goal AND Fulham got screwed on an obvious penalty when they were down 1-0 but the penalty wasn't called.

Tottenham better beware.  You don't want to play Fulham after a loss !!!  Bring on the Hotspurs !!!

I missed this one but I am going to to start going to lynches on match day

(08-13-2018, 10:45 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 08:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Well, I went to Lynch's (Jax Beach) to watch the Fulham vs Crystal Palace match.  Including my wife and I, there were a total of 4 people there to root on Fulham.  It's actually a Chelsea & ManU Fan Club sports pub.

Oh well, game kind of sucked.  Fabri (Goalkeeper) made a bonehead move which allowed a goal AND Fulham got screwed on an obvious penalty when they were down 1-0 but the penalty wasn't called.

Tottenham better beware.  You don't want to play Fulham after a loss !!!  Bring on the Hotspurs !!!

I missed this one but I am going to to start going to lynches on match day

I'm away the next 2 weekends due to college move-in dates but will be back on Sept 1 for the Fulham v Brighton match.  I may try Culhanes Irish Pub since Lynch's is designated as the Chelsea Fan Club bar and they have 20 TVs dedicated to the Chelsea Match and 1 TV for Fulham (upon request).  I'd like to see a variety of matches during the 10am time slot and not be relegated to every TV showing Chelsea for their 30 fans.  From what I understand Lynch's has the capability of showing 6 matches so it's possible to get a variety ---- perhaps I should ask next time as I do like the fact that they offer $2 drafts (bud light only buy hey, it's 10am so might as well start light ... until halftime that is).

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2018, 10:51 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

A nice, much needed 4-2 WIN yesterday vs Burnley.  Hopefully, Fulham just needed some time to gel together along with sitting goalkeeper Fabri and going back to Bettinelli

4 Goals
Mitrovic x 2
Seri
Schurrie

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 03:21 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

CRITICAL MATCH THIS WEEKEND @ CARDIFF CITY !!  

Thus far Fulham has experienced a learning curve in adapting to one another give the new players that are critical to their success.  They also tend to fall apart in the 2nd half.   Overall, I have a pretty decent feeling they'll avoid relegation but need to pick up a few wins against some of these lower tier teams.

Finally, a desperately needed Win !!!

Hopefully their new Manager Claudio Ranieri (formerly LC manager during their 2016 PL Championship) continues their momentum.

Finally some good news fro FFC, two draws and a win over fellow relegation candidate Huddersfield has them just one point away from the save spots.

(12-30-2018, 11:12 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Finally some good news fro FFC, two draws and a wing over fellow relegation candidate Huddersfield has them just one point away from the save spots.

I didn't understand a word you said.

[Image: jethro.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 03:31 PM by JagsorDie.)

(12-30-2018, 11:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 11:12 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Finally some good news fro FFC, two draws and a wing over fellow relegation candidate Huddersfield has them just one point away from the save spots.

The bottom three teams on the premier league Table(English league Fulham is in) are moved down to a lower level league at the end of the year. That zone of three teams at the bottom is the relegation zone. Likewise, the top three teams in the league below the premier league are promoted up to the EPL(English Premier League). Fulham has gotten off to a shakey start in the EPL after finally making it back into EPL this season and has been floating around as a relegation team.

(12-30-2018, 11:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

The bottom three teams on the premier league Table(English league Fulham is in) are moved down to a lower level league at the end of the year. That zone of three teams at the bottom is the relegation zone. Likewise, the top three teams in the league below the premier league are promoted up to the EPL(English Premier League). Fulham has gotten off to a shakey start in the EPL after finally making it back into EPL this season and has been floating around as a relegation team.

(12-31-2018, 03:31 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 11:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I didn't understand a word you said.

Well that sure is a funny way to play hockey.

(12-30-2018, 11:12 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Finally some good news fro FFC, two draws and a win over fellow relegation candidate Huddersfield has them just one point away from the save spots.

Agree.  Getting that must-win over Huddersfield after tying the Wolves may have salvaged the season for now.  They still have a long uphill climb to get to the estimated 36 point mark that will keep them out of relegation but there's hope now that Ranieri is managing the team.  Still not sure what Kamara is doing taking away a penalty kick from Mitrovic but it all worked out in the end when Mitrovic scored the game winning goal vs Huddersfield (after Kamara got stopped on his penalty kick attempt).

(01-02-2019, 10:58 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 11:12 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Finally some good news fro FFC, two draws and a win over fellow relegation candidate Huddersfield has them just one point away from the save spots.

Agree.  Getting that must-win over Huddersfield after tying the Wolves may have salvaged the season for now.  They still have a long uphill climb to get to the estimated 36 point mark that will keep them out of relegation but there's hope now that Ranieri is managing the team.  Still not sure what Kamara is doing taking away a penalty kick from Mitrovic but it all worked out in the end when Mitrovic scored the game winning goal vs Huddersfield (after Kamara got stopped on his penalty kick attempt).

They have an attack to put up goals but there d is terrible. I've read a few rumors of them getting Cahill from Chelsea which would be a huge addition to the d if they sign him in the January window.