Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** THE OFFICIAL FULHAM F.C. THREAD ***

Should have hired Big Sam

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Its crazy the talent difference between the Champs league and the Premier league
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2019, 06:43 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-08-2019, 03:05 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: Its crazy the talent difference between the Champs league and the Premier league

Yes, but Fulham has invested 100 million pounds in player acquisitions.  Maybe Tony Khan should stick to wrestling.

(01-02-2019, 01:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: Should have hired Big Sam

that was my 1st thought as saving teams from relegation is kind of Big Sam's specialty !!!

(01-09-2019, 06:42 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 03:05 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: Its crazy the talent difference between the Champs league and the Premier league

Yes, but Fulham has invested 100 million pounds in player acquisitions.  Maybe Tony Khan should stick to wrestling.

(01-02-2019, 01:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: Should have hired Big Sam

that was my 1st thought as saving teams from relegation is kind of Big Sam's specialty !!!
He should have invested more in defense. Shurrle was actually a solid pick up for a winger/mid. He should have looked for more loan players from bigger clubs or something. either way, he should have added more to D because their D is no Bueno.

Now Tony Khan has told a fan to “go to hell”.

On one hand, I admire his passion, but abusing fans never looks good...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46853221

(01-12-2019, 09:53 PM)Andy G Wrote: Now Tony Khan has told a fan to “go to hell”.

On one hand, I admire his passion, but abusing fans never looks good...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46853221

Especially with Fulham likely to go down. He's gonna turn himself into a pariah. Decent amount of Fulham fans have already begun to turn

(01-11-2019, 12:37 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: He should have invested more in defense. Shurrle was actually a solid pick up for a winger/mid. He should have looked for more loan players from bigger clubs or something. either way, he should have added more to D because their D is no Bueno.

HOW PROPHETIC !!!

Fulham hit rock bottom on Saturday vs Burnley.  They managed to lose a match that their opponent didn't even get a single shot on goal.  Fulham lost 2-1 by kicking the ball into their own goal 2x.   Kind of exiting we scored 3 goals but unfortunately 2 were for the other team.  WE SUCK --- I can't bear to watch them anymore !!!  At least the NBC Sports Gold package was only $49 which is a great price.

(01-14-2019, 11:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 12:37 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: He should have invested more in defense. Shurrle was actually a solid pick up for a winger/mid. He should have looked for more loan players from bigger clubs or something. either way, he should have added more to D because their D is no Bueno.

HOW PROPHETIC !!!

Fulham hit rock bottom on Saturday vs Burnley.  They managed to lose a match that their opponent didn't even get a single shot on goal.  Fulham lost 2-1 by kicking the ball into their own goal 2x.   Kind of exiting we scored 3 goals but unfortunately 2 were for the other team.  WE SUCK --- I can't bear to watch them anymore !!!  At least the NBC Sports Gold package was only $49 which is a great price.

I didn't watch it but after reading this I had to look back and check out what happen. That is unbelievable. To have a phenomenal goal like shurrle's wiped out by not one but two stupid OGs is honestly laughable. The one off the foot was dumb but to even throw a header og in there is insane.

Fulham FC gives up a goal in the 93rd minute to lose 2-1

I thought we were already at rock bottom but I guess not.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2019, 07:29 PM by JagsorDie.)

(01-21-2019, 02:13 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Fulham FC gives up a goal in the 93rd minute to lose 2-1

I thought we were already at rock bottom but I guess not.

They may still put a run together but I don't see it saving them from relegation.

They have a tough schedule for the rest of the year but there are a few winnable games

brighton-winnable
CP-winnable
Man U-loss
west ham- winnable
south Hampton- winnable
Chelsea-loss
LC- loss
Liverpool-loss
manC- loss
watfor-loss
everton-loss
bournesmouth-winnable
Cardiff-winnable
wolves-loss
Newcastle-winnable

so they have 7ish winnable games which is 21 points best case scenario that they can pull from the rest of the season. That would leave them with 35 points which may be enough to get them out of relegation but, again, that is best case scenario.

It is unfortunate that but if they get on a run at the right time they could string together some wins. the problem spot is after the south Hampton game they are probably going on a 0-6 run against much better opponents (chel, liverpool, manc, Watford, everton, Leicester city). if they come away from that stretch with any points I will be surprised. but if they get through that and finsh strong they could make a push.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2019, 11:58 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I agree that Fulham still has a minor chance of staying up and they are actually improving (aside from making idiotic mistakes) BUT recently, teams like Southampton and Burnley have gone on runs of winning and tying matches over this past month which has left teams like Cardiff, Fulham, and Huddersfield falling further behind.  CP now gets Benteke back from injury so they should improve as well (especially on corner kicks).

It's looking bleak but there's still a little hope ... and I stress little.

Premier League Relegation 18/19
  • Huddersfield. 1/33.
  • Fulham. 2/9.
  • Cardiff. 4/9.
  • Burnley. 7/4.
  • Newcastle. 7/2.
  • Crystal Palace. 16/1.
  • Southampton. 18/1.
  • Brighton. 33/1.

3 minutes into the match today -- Must Win for Fulham ......... Brighton 1 - Fulham 0 --- we suck !!!

(01-29-2019, 03:58 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: 3 minutes into the match today -- Must Win for Fulham .........  Brighton 1 - Fulham 0   ---  we suck !!!

And then they won 4-2.

Fulham was down 2-0 and I passed out watching the man u game(who was down a goal)… woke up to 2-2 in the manu match and a 4-2 Fulham win lol.

That was a good win for them. If they can get at least a point out of the CP game they will close the gap a bit. They are still a ways out but this was one a few must wins before they face some challenging opponents.

I watched the match at work on NBC Sports Gold. The 2nd half was amazing. We need to bronze Mitrovic's head because it's worth the $20m salary we're paying on his loan. Fulham had a 63% to 37% time of possession in the 1st half and pushed the offensive attack into the 2nd half without looking back. FINALLY !!! FINALLY !!! It was also nice seeing ManU come back (from 2-0) in the final 10 minutes to tie Burnley (2-2) to keep them in reach of relegation as well. Newcastle got a nice win over Man City which definitely helped them dig further out of relegation.

(01-30-2019, 01:00 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I watched the match at work on NBC Sports Gold.  The 2nd half was amazing.  We need to bronze Mitrovic's head because it's worth the $20m salary we're paying on his loan.  Fulham had a 63% to 37% time of possession in the 1st half and pushed the offensive attack into the 2nd half without looking back.  FINALLY !!!   FINALLY !!! It was also nice seeing ManU come back (from 2-0) in the final 10 minutes to tie Burnley (2-2)  to keep them in reach of relegation as well.  Newcastle got a nice win over Man City which definitely helped them dig further out of relegation.

having Cardiff lose was bit of help to close the gap. now we have SH against CP. Since SH currently have a game in hand on them im hoping CP pulls off the win to keep the gap between them the same. But if Fulham can pull out a win from cp and Cardiff drop another game, Fulham will pull to 20 points and be 2 points off of getting out of relegation.

They are still in a position where they have to rely on others to determine there fate but they are at least there is hope and quite a bit of season left to play.

I still don't understand why they didn't put pen to paper for cahill this transfer window. Chelsea have a him and Christenson that they are loaning out which would have bolstered Fulham's back 4 significantly. I guess Cahill wants to play for a contender which would explain his arsenal move, but Fulham still should have made a competitive offer.

Update: CP tied Southampton which may have been best for Fulham as it keeps more teams in the relegation zone. Right now, I think it's down to the following:

Huddersfield - Relegated
Fulham - low bubble --- this team really needs to attack with a high level of energy they showed vs Brighton
Cardiff - Relegated
Burnley - bubble -- this team is most likely the key to Fulham staying up or being relegated. I think their magic number is 35 (as they have a point differential advantage)
CP & Southampton -- most likely talented enough to stay up --- Southampton really benefited from changing Managers (they were lost in Aug-Sep-Nov)

Question -- do we root for a Burnley loss vs Southampton or simply a tie to keep them both within reach? I say a tie (unless Fulham loses to CP)

(01-30-2019, 11:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Update:  CP tied Southampton which may have been best for Fulham as it keeps more teams in the relegation zone.  Right now, I think it's down to the following:

Huddersfield - Relegated
Fulham - low bubble --- this team really needs to attack with a high level of energy they showed vs Brighton
Cardiff - Relegated
Burnley - bubble -- this team is most likely the key to Fulham staying up or being relegated.  I think their magic number is 35 (as they have a point differential advantage)
CP  & Southampton -- most likely talented enough to stay up --- Southampton really benefited from changing Managers (they were lost in Aug-Sep-Nov)

Question -- do we root for a Burnley loss vs Southampton or simply a tie to keep them both within reach?  I say a tie (unless Fulham loses to CP)
 since they are tied up, pull for burnley to win. Fulham doesn't play burnley again but they play sh. A loss to burnley and a loss to Fulham (if they pull it off) is a big swing in points. +6 if SH wins both, -6 if they lose both. Fulham is only sitting 6points off of them. At least that's my math

Sorry darlo lol

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 12:36 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-31-2019, 02:32 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 11:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Question -- do we root for a Burnley loss vs Southampton or simply a tie to keep them both within reach?  I say a tie (unless Fulham loses to CP)
 since they are tied up, pull for burnley to win. Fulham doesn't play burnley again but they play sh. A loss to burnley and a loss to Fulham (if they pull it off) is a big swing in points. +6 if SH wins both, -6 if they lose both. Fulham is only sitting 6points off of them. At least that's my math

Sorry darlo lol

Southampton just took a 1-0 lead and Burnley was screwed on a non-call penalty by the Southampton goalie.  I like your rationale about but Southampton has been on fire since 2019 hit so they may have a lot more wins down the road.  Also, we really can't root against Darlo's team now can we :Smile Where the heck is he !!!

FULHAM IS SO LACKUSTER TODAY !!!  DOWN 1-0 vs CRYSTAL PALACE NOW IN THE 75th MINUTE

Crystal Palace doesn't even have their best player today -- ZAHA

So far 4 shots and 0 Shots on Goal and 0 Corners  !!!  JUST TERRIBLE !!

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2019, 02:24 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Fulham Sucks !!  It's over for them.   Another loss 3-1 to West Ham on Friday.  I replayed the match only to see Tim Ream (defender for Fulham and the US National Team) crouched down on a corner kick leading to an easy header by West Ham.  Ream was also shoved 5 yards back when Noble had the ball, which lead to an assist by Noble on the 3rd West Ham goal.  There's part of the reason the US sucks in soccer !!!

Oh, did I mention Fulham didn't have a single corner kick in the match (whereas West Ham had 12 corners) ?  There's absolutely NO Heart and NO Leadership on this team !!