Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Malik Jackson on Jaguars in 2018: 'I'm callin' it, 16-0'

Malik Jackson on Jaguars in 2018: 'I'm callin' it, 16-0'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...lin-it-160

Jacksonville Jaguars defensive tackle Malik Jackson predicts his team will go undefeated in 2018. "I think we are going 16-0," Jackson told TMZ Sports.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Vegas over/under for the 2018 season is 8.5 wins. Sounds like Malik should throw his lifetime earnings on the Jags if he's that confident. Dude has a sure fire way to double his net worth.

(07-18-2018, 02:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The Vegas over/under for the 2018 season is 8.5 wins.  Sounds like Malik should throw his lifetime earnings on the Jags if he's that confident.  Dude has a sure fire way to double his net worth.

haven't totally kept up with player gambling rules... but last time I checked this was not allowed.

Last year he predicted "Superbowl" and we were 1 game short of that claim. So by the same logic we'll fall 1 game short of his current outrageous prediction. So 15-1, I'm with it!
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I went to Vegas last month and made a bet jags would win AFC championship, odds were 10:1

Great, now we're jinxed.

The over/under is only 8.5?

Damn, I'd take that over in a heartbeat.

(07-18-2018, 02:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The Vegas over/under for the 2018 season is 8.5 wins.  Sounds like Malik should throw his lifetime earnings on the Jags if he's that confident.  Dude has a sure fire way to double his net worth.

DANG!  I have a trip to KC next month, I need to fly via Vegas with a nice long layover!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

He was very close with his prediction last year. Remember..Jackson knows what it takes to win it all. If he feels it then there's something to his predictions.

(07-19-2018, 04:39 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He was very close with his prediction last year. Remember..Jackson knows what it takes to win it all. If he feels it then there's something to his predictions.

But to say you'll beat every opponent during the regular season? We play tom Brady, SB champ eagles, Steelers will play tough football, titans had our number last year, and Luck and Watson will be just as tough too I think...it's doable, but it's also way too early to say 16-0. Injuries and suspensions still can hinder a good ball team.

16-0 would require the perfect storm. I don't think we can go two seasons with no to minimal injuries. On the extreme side, I'd say 13-3 and as low as 9-7.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2018, 12:25 PM by cland.)

An unwritten rule for gamblers (who want to make money) is:  Never bet on your own team.

(07-19-2018, 07:43 AM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote:
(07-19-2018, 04:39 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He was very close with his prediction last year. Remember..Jackson knows what it takes to win it all. If he feels it then there's something to his predictions.

But to say you'll beat every opponent during the regular season? We play tom Brady, SB champ eagles, Steelers will play tough football, titans had our number last year, and Luck and Watson will be just as tough too I think...it's doable, but it's also way too early to say 16-0. Injuries and suspensions still can hinder a good ball team.

To break down your post, yes you're correct. But let's break this down.

Brady - at some point he has to come back down to earth. However, Jack wasn't down. It showed the world that we can beat these guys.

The consensus was if we played the Eagles, we would have blasted those guys. Our defense would shut that offense down. Wentz is coming back from a bad injury. An injury can ruin a career faster than anything.

The Steelers is always a tough out, but we beat them twice last year. Ramsey just has to keep Brown in check, which he will. It's a toss up but we got their number.

Then we have the Titans. For some reason we just don't match up good with this team. But with our defense, Mariotta is due for a rough game at some point. If we play mistake free football then we can beat em. I think we can get at least a split this go round.

The Texans and Colts have the same thing as the Eagles, a QB coming injury. Watson will not be able to run around like Mike Vick and RG3, those type QBs never make it far. That's why he was hurt last year. He's just not ready for Ramsey and Bouye. 

Andrew Luck is different. He can put a woopin on you in a hurry. He's gonna take shots down field, but who else in the league would you rather have then 20island. Luck has been away from the game for so long. But our offense should run over their defense.

To be honest though, we're not going 16-0 but we are now an elite team in the NFL. Teams have to respect our pass rush and our fast LBs, once they throw some respect on that then they have to deal with the best CB tandem in the league. 

I think we will go 11-5 and repeat as South Champs.