Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colin Cowherd's AFCS Predictions

Apologies in advanced if someone posted this earlier and I missed it.

To absolutely nobody's surprise, Cowherd picks us to finish 3rd in the division after winning it last year.

https://www.foxsports.com/the-herd-with-...0345667900

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Stop taking that dude serious when it comes to us. He's a troll. Thats all he is, thats all he is doing. he only promotes bigger markets.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(07-20-2018, 10:58 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: Stop taking that dude serious when it comes to us. He's a troll. Thats all he is, thats all he is doing. he only promotes bigger markets.

Exactly.

He's a Tom Turrific guy ain't he?
Hanging on the Pats jocks any chance he gets...

When I first saw this guy on... SportsNation maybe... I kinda liked him.
The more I watched the less I liked.

Colin speaks out of bounds a lot. It seems like his whole show is based on him asking brain storm type of questions.

The guy never played a down on any level. He is skip bayless 1.5

Thing is that Cowherd isn't trying to come up with an accurate prediction based on any real analysis, nor is he invested in it to the point where he would be the least bit embarrassed if its completely wrong and we go 13-3. He's a "hot take" guy whose only goal is stirring up controversy through saying outlandish things that hopefully will generate eyes on his show. Its a travesty that we have idiots like this over real sports journalists nowadays who actually were trying to be informative. (Which is why we went from "Ask Vic" to "The O-Zone" btw....)

Here's my overall NFL prediction. I made these before the USA Today article came out, and I was surprised just how similar they were...

2018 NFL Division Standings

NFC West
xyzRams - 14-2
49ers - 9-7
Seahawks - 8-8
Cards - 6-10

NFC North
xyVikings – 13-3
xPackers – 11-5
Lions – 9-7
Bears - 7-9

NFC South
xySaints – 12-4
xFalcons – 11-5
Panthers – 9-7
Bucs - 4-12

NFC East
xyzEagles – 14-2
Cowboys – 10-6
Giants – 9-7
Redskins - 7-9

-

AFC West
xyChargers – 10-6
Raiders – 7-9
Chiefs - 7-9
Broncos - 6-10

AFC North
xyzSteelers – 12-4
xBengals – 9-7
Browns – 6-10
Ravens – 5-11

AFC South
xyzJaguars – 13-3
xTitans – 10-6
Texans – 8-8
Colts - 4-12

AFC East
xyPatriots – 11-5
Jets 5-11
Dolphins 3-13
Bills 2-14

x- clinched playoffs
y- clinched division
z- clinched first round bye
'02

This is the same guy that thinks Sam Darnold is already the 5th best QB in the NFL under the age of 25 without even taking a single snap in a regular NFL season game. This guy just panders and conjures up nonsense for ratings. Unless you're the Patriots or LeBron James he seldom has anything positive to say.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(07-23-2018, 11:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This is the same guy that thinks Sam Darnold is already the 5th best QB in the NFL under the age of 25 without even taking a single snap in a regular NFL season game. This guy just panders and conjures up nonsense for ratings. Unless you're the Patriots or LeBron James he seldom has anything positive to say.

I agree. The guy just wants view and ratings.

(07-22-2018, 07:00 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Here's my overall NFL prediction. I made these before the USA Today article came out, and I was surprised just how similar they were...

2018 NFL Division Standings

NFC West
xyzRams - 14-2
49ers - 9-7
Seahawks - 8-8
Cards - 6-10

NFC North
xyVikings – 13-3
xPackers – 11-5
Lions – 9-7
Bears - 7-9

NFC South
xySaints – 12-4
xFalcons – 11-5
Panthers – 9-7
Bucs - 4-12

NFC East
xyzEagles – 14-2
Cowboys – 10-6
Giants – 9-7
Redskins - 7-9

-

AFC West
xyChargers – 10-6
Raiders – 7-9
Chiefs - 7-9
Broncos - 6-10

AFC North
xyzSteelers – 12-4
xBengals – 9-7
Browns – 6-10
Ravens – 5-11

AFC South
xyzJaguars – 13-3
xTitans – 10-6
Texans – 8-8
Colts - 4-12

AFC East
xyPatriots – 11-5
Jets 5-11
Dolphins 3-13
Bills 2-14

x- clinched playoffs
y- clinched division
z- clinched first round bye
You have 12 teams in the NFC with .500 or better records.  Can't happen.

Cowherd's entire basis of his argument rests on two people-Andrew Luck and DeShawn Watson.

The problem with him riding on Luck is twofold.

First, we don't know if he is healthy, or how efective he will be. Tonight on NFLN he was interviewed and he still has a little pain in his shoulder.

After the interview, former scout Bucky Brooks and former GM Charlie Casserly indicated there was cause for concern. Brooks focused on the lingering pain after all of his inactivity. Casserly wondered about him changing his throwing motion at this stage of his career. His return to 100% health is far from a given.

Furthermore, even when Luck was healthy, we have had success against him. Even when we sucked mightily in 2015 and 2016, we managed splits with Luck led Colts teams. Truth be told, weshould have swept them both of those years. Now, we have a far more talented and better coached team than we had those two years, and compared to the Colts, we have a far more talented team. I think a sweep of the Colts is probable.

As for Watson, yes he seems to have recovered from his ACL, but the presumption he will beat Jacksonville is a bit reactionary for a couple of reasons.

First, when he played against us in week one, he was only 12-23 for a TD and 1 INT, and a fumble, and 4 sacks. Those numbers were not great. No the Texans didn't game plan for him, but neither did the Jags.

Secondly, the things that doomed the Texans against us last year are still problematic. It is doubtful the Texans OL can block our pass rush enough to make Watson as effective as he was against other opponents. That effect is magnified by our secondary. If he is on his game, could he posesome problems? Sure. But this defense has beaten some pretty good QBs, including Rivers, Big Ben, and Wilson.

I also think our offense is more capable of beating these two teams than we were before. We canconsistently run the ball, and we have an OL that can pass protect.

Screw Cowherd and his lazy and biased analysis.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2018, 08:34 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Without using actual game by game predictions here is how I see things ending up.......

NFC West
1. *L.A Rams
2. S.F. 49ers
3.  Arizona Cardinals
4. Seattle Seahawks

NFC North
1. *Minnesota Vikings
2. *Green Bay Packers
3. Detroit Lions
4. Chicago Bears

NFC South
1. *Atlanta Falcons
2. *New Orleans Saints
3. Tampa Bay Bucs
4. Carolina Panthers

NFC East
*1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. Washington
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. N.Y. Giants

AFC West
1. *L.A. Chargers
2. Las Vegas Raiders
3. Kansas City Chiefs
4. Denver Broncos

AFC North
1. *Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Cincinnati Bengals
3. Cleveland Browns
4. Baltimore Ravens

AFC South
*1. Jacksonville Jaguars
*2. Houston Texans
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. Tennessee Titans

AFC East
*1. New England Patriots
*2. Miami Dolphins
3. N.Y. Jets
4. Buffalo Bills

I see the AFC coming down to Jacksonville and the L.A. Chargers with the Chargers taking it in a heart-breaker. I see the NFC pitting the Green Bay Packers against the Philadelphia Eagles with the Packers edging them out. In the Superbowl, I see the Chargers defeating the Packers for the title.

(07-26-2018, 08:30 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Without using actual game by game predictions here is how I see things ending up.......

NFC West
1. *L.A Rams
2. S.F. 49ers
3.  Arizona Cardinals
4. Seattle Seahawks

NFC North
1. *Minnesota Vikings
2. *Green Bay Packers
3. Detroit Lions
4. Chicago Bears

NFC South
1. *Atlanta Falcons
2. *New Orleans Saints
3. Tampa Bay Bucs
4. Carolina Panthers

NFC East
*1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. Washington
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. N.Y. Giants

AFC West
1. *L.A. Chargers
2. Las Vegas Raiders
3. Kansas City Chiefs
4. Denver Broncos

AFC North
1. *Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Cincinnati Bengals
3. Cleveland Browns
4. Baltimore Ravens

AFC South
*1. Jacksonville Jaguars
*2. Houston Texans
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. Tennessee Titans

AFC East
*1. New England Patriots
*2. Miami Dolphins
3. N.Y. Jets
4. Buffalo Bills

I see the AFC coming down to Jacksonville and the L.A. Chargers with the Chargers taking it in a heart-breaker. I see the NFC pitting the Green Bay Packers against the Philadelphia Eagles with the Packers edging them out. In the Superbowl, I see the Chargers defeating the Packers for the title.

I've said it before, but the Chargers are the one team I don't want to see in the playoffs...in either conference.  I would rather play any team from the NFC before playing the Bolts.  I would take our chances against the tacks before the Bolts.

If they make the playoffs, I would hope the Bolts get knocked out before we play them.

I see this as the year we finally break the hex New England has had on us since '96.

To quote Sam Cooke..."It's been a long time coming and I know a change gonna come."

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2018, 09:33 AM by RicoTx.)

(07-26-2018, 08:57 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 08:30 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Without using actual game by game predictions here is how I see things ending up.......

NFC West
1. *L.A Rams
2. S.F. 49ers
3.  Arizona Cardinals
4. Seattle Seahawks

NFC North
1. *Minnesota Vikings
2. *Green Bay Packers
3. Detroit Lions
4. Chicago Bears

NFC South
1. *Atlanta Falcons
2. *New Orleans Saints
3. Tampa Bay Bucs
4. Carolina Panthers

NFC East
*1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. Washington
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. N.Y. Giants

AFC West
1. *L.A. Chargers
2. Las Vegas Raiders
3. Kansas City Chiefs
4. Denver Broncos

AFC North
1. *Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Cincinnati Bengals
3. Cleveland Browns
4. Baltimore Ravens

AFC South
*1. Jacksonville Jaguars
*2. Houston Texans
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. Tennessee Titans

AFC East
*1. New England Patriots
*2. Miami Dolphins
3. N.Y. Jets
4. Buffalo Bills

I've said it before, but the Chargers are the one team I don't want to see in the playoffs...in either conference.  I would rather play any team from the NFC before playing the Bolts.  I would take our chances against the tacks before the Bolts.

If they make the playoffs, I would hope the Bolts get knocked out before we play them.

I see this as the year we finally break the hex New England has had on us since '96.

To quote Sam Cooke..."It's been a long time coming and I know a change gonna come."

Jacksonville beat New England on January 3, 1999 in our first ever home playoff game, with the great Scott Zolak at QB.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-26-2018, 09:31 AM)Rico Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 08:57 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I've said it before, but the Chargers are the one team I don't want to see in the playoffs...in either conference.  I would rather play any team from the NFC before playing the Bolts.  I would take our chances against the tacks before the Bolts.

Jacksonville beat New England on January 3, 1999 in our first ever home playoff game.
I know that because I was there. 

But Scott Zolak was the QB in that game...not Drew Bledsoe.

While the win happened, does it really count?

When the Pats' QB has been healthy, they've never lost to us.  I stand by the original statement.

(07-26-2018, 09:34 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 09:31 AM)Rico Wrote: Jacksonville beat New England on January 3, 1999 in our first ever home playoff game.
I know that because I was there. 

When the Pats' QB has been healthy, they've never lost to us.  I stand by the original statement.

I caught an early flight back from the Bahamas just so I could run in just to make kickoff....so there.

BTW, I added the Zolak reference before you posted this.   Smile
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2018, 09:50 AM by Bullseye.)

(07-26-2018, 09:38 AM)Rico Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 09:34 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I know that because I was there. 

I caught an early flight back from the Bahamas just so I could run in just to make kickoff....so there.

BTW, I added the Zolak reference before you posted this.   Smile

Oh yeah? 

Well I walked miles to the game.

Barefoot.

Uphill.

In the snow.

Both ways.

Big Grin Banana 

Nevertheless, your point is taken.

But even accepting that result, one win against a team in 22 years does not a hex break, especially when four (4) of those losses were in the playoffs and two were in the AFC championship.

Cowherd's continued paycheck and career notoriety is predicated upon high ratings. He'll not have high ratings if he regurgitates the norm or what everyone else is saying or thinking. His job, unfortunately, has shown to get the higher ratings when there is "shock" value in the statements or positions taken.

(07-26-2018, 10:18 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Cowherd's continued paycheck and career notoriety is predicated upon high ratings.  He'll not have high ratings if he regurgitates the norm or what everyone else is saying or thinking.  His job, unfortunately, has shown to get the higher ratings when there is "shock" value in the statements or positions taken.

He's a hack that happens to be in broadcasting and not print.