Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dante Fowler Suspended

Dante Fowler has been suspended one (1) game for violating the NFL's Personal conduct policy.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/s...-575935349

Wallbash Angry Sick

With all hands on deck, that Giants game is going to be tough.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not a surprise, but still disappointing.

Only one game thankfully
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

That Taven Bryan signing keeps looking better and better.

Glad it’s only one game.

Dante Fowler suspended one game for 2017 incident

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...7-incident

Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Dante Fowler has been suspended one game without pay for violating the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy, the team announced.

Hopefully this takes enough money out of his pocket to mature him a little bit. One game check and the civil litigation (I'd be amazed if there wasn't any) should convince him that claiming to be a man and actually acting like a man are not synonymous.

NFL moving at lightning speed as usual.
Dante seems to have grown from that mistake. Hopefully he continues to keep his cool off the field. I can't believe he threw the guys booze in the lake though... That's just rude.

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2018, 04:50 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(07-20-2018, 03:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Dante Fowler has been suspended one (1) game for violating the NFL's Personal conduct policy.

Wallbash Angry Sick

Giants have a new OLine that won't be in sync.  

Saquan Barclay sucks as a RB against decent defenses --- see Ohio State (44 yards rushing)

We don't need Fowler for that game.

Jags 27 - Giants 13

I wonder how the Jags FO views this considering it's from an incident that's already been addressed to him by them
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(07-20-2018, 04:49 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I wonder how the Jags FO views this considering it's from an incident that's already been addressed to him by them

Could be why it's just one game.

Our defense is good enough it can cover up 1 or 2 guys missing.

There goes our Super Bowl win

(07-20-2018, 07:01 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: There goes our Super Bowl win

1 game man...?....(jaguar fan holding his hands up)

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2018, 08:13 PM by jessepeck1213.)

(07-20-2018, 04:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-20-2018, 03:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Dante Fowler has been suspended one (1) game for violating the NFL's Personal conduct policy.

Wallbash Angry Sick

Giants have a new OLine that won't be in sync.  

Saquan Barclay sucks as a RB against decent defenses --- see Ohio State (44 yards rushing)

We don't need Fowler for that game.

Jags 27 - Giants 13

Do you also think fournette sucks since he got shut down by bama? That's a clown statement. Barkley is a dynamic running back and the Jaguars know that. Hopefully they will keep him in check.

(07-20-2018, 07:11 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(07-20-2018, 07:01 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: There goes our Super Bowl win

1 game man...?....(jaguar fan holding his hands up)

My 4 year old imaginary niece could detect the sarcasm in samus' post.

So a backup will miss a game? Rough stuff.

(07-20-2018, 08:54 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: So a backup will miss a game? Rough stuff.
I was just going to add this lol

Yannick and Campbell. Jackson and Dareus. Abry and Smoot. Taven Bryan. We good guys.

Ramsey on Beckham. Jack on Engram. Smith spying Barkley. I’m so amped for week 1.

Fowler is one of our better edge players at stopping the run. That said I'm just thankful it's one game and we have him back the very next week. we're so deep at Dline that barring preseason injuries his absence is hardly considered a blow. Just gives Smoot an opportunity to shine and Taven Bryan may get some snaps earlier than anticipated to get his teeth cut. As long as Dareus isn't suspended our run defense should still be intact. I hope they do some 1st on 1st that week, if you practice against Fournette.. Barkley should be no problem Wink #IronSharpensIron
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(07-20-2018, 09:50 PM)Firesky Wrote: Fowler is one of our better edge players at stopping the run. That said I'm just thankful it's one game and we have him back the very next week. we're so deep at Dline that barring preseason injuries his absence is hardly considered a blow. Just gives Smoot an opportunity to shine and Taven Bryan may get some snaps earlier than anticipated to get his teeth cut. As long as Dareus isn't suspended our run defense should still be intact. I hope they do some 1st on 1st that week, if you practice against Fournette.. Barkley should be no problem Wink #IronSharpensIron

Also, Fowler takes risks.  I don't need Barkley to make a move on Fowler and that be a highlight, over our D.  We need to grind out games and not allow big plays.

Also, let's give one of the biggest markets a good show. 

We can fall flat or get even better.

(07-20-2018, 11:43 PM)AP06 Wrote:
(07-20-2018, 09:50 PM)Firesky Wrote: Fowler is one of our better edge players at stopping the run. That said I'm just thankful it's one game and we have him back the very next week. we're so deep at Dline that barring preseason injuries his absence is hardly considered a blow. Just gives Smoot an opportunity to shine and Taven Bryan may get some snaps earlier than anticipated to get his teeth cut. As long as Dareus isn't suspended our run defense should still be intact. I hope they do some 1st on 1st that week, if you practice against Fournette.. Barkley should be no problem Wink #IronSharpensIron

Also, Fowler takes risks.  I don't need Barkley to make a move on Fowler and that be a highlight, over our D.  We need to grind out games and not allow big plays.

Also, let's give one of the biggest markets a good show. 

We can fall flat or get even better.

I lovea defender that takes risks. Bc if he guesses right, like when Troy Palumalu jumped over the dline, it's a big time play. Different positions but risk takers can change a game.

It's lucky they only gave him one game, given the bodily harm and destruction of property (per nfl.com). It took a year from the incident for the suspension to be levied. If Dareus is suspended, maybe a similar slow process won't cause it to be levied until after this season.