Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Adams OLine

I dunno, looks pretty solid to me.  Looks to be another good young OLineman to work with.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tony Adams is a natural and powerful RG who was initially set to sign as a UDFA but was out of shape when he showed up so they never did have him actually sign. I take it they tried him out again, and he's now fit for action. 
'02

I always wondered why he was brought in initially and then not signed. He was pretty well thought of by most draftniks as an UFA. I'm guessing he's most likely looking at a shot for the practice squad.

Well good for him for getting back in shape.  We don't know all the details, but the  fact he couldn't get in shape at one of the most important times in his life doesn't give me the warm and fuzzys.

(07-23-2018, 11:44 PM)surfon Wrote: Well good for him for getting back in shape.  We don't know all the details, but the  fact he couldn't get in shape at one of the most important times in his life doesn't give me the warm and fuzzys.
Depends on what happened. He wasn't invited to the combine, so maybe he let himself go after that potentially thinking it was over after the disappointment. He also doesn't appear to really ever been in great shape to begin with.

Putting in the effort is a good sign. The guy has some talent, specifically in the Jags run heavy offense. He is probably a practice squad player unless he flashes enough in the preseason to keep him so they don't lose him.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-24-2018, 07:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...9060752386

I was kinda bummed when he was not signed.

Then I saw the thread and wondered when he finally signed.

The team must like him to give him that second chance.  He must want to be here if he could have signed elsewhere but didn't

I am actually happy for Adams on a somewhat personal note.  I have a former coworker who has a son who plays for NC State and knows Richardson and Adams well.  It would be good to know they have that additional support system here.

I wonder how far behind he is in terms of the playbook.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

According to a Twitter thread I saw, an NC State fan said he took a cheap shot during the last game of the season so he’s been nursing an injury. No mention of what kind of injury, but he appears to be healthy now.