Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Julio holding out

Should we dangle fowler and picks for him?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-24-2018, 10:14 AM)dustin8131 Wrote: Should we dangle fowler and picks for him?

Considering Caldwell drafted him, it's an interesting idea. The Falcons already said they won't extend his contract.
'02

(07-24-2018, 10:14 AM)dustin8131 Wrote: Should we dangle fowler and picks for him?

If we had a Matt Ryan-caliber QB signed long term, maybe, but what if Blake regresses, and we are starting over at QB yet again?  How many picks are you going to have to package with Fowler, since he's basically a rental?

If we pay Julio the bank he deserves, which guys won't be getting their contracts renewed?

I guess my answer to the original question is no. Not because he's not talented, but because it would cost way too much.

He prob wants at least what AB is getting which is 17 mill/year

(07-24-2018, 03:56 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: He prob wants at least what AB is getting which is 17 mill/year

That makes plenty of sense.

It's expensive, but it could be a move that puts the offense over the top.
'02

(07-24-2018, 04:15 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 03:56 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: He prob wants at least what AB is getting which is 17 mill/year

That makes plenty of sense.

It's expensive, but it could be a move that puts the offense over the top.
And then the Jags lose the ability to sign the defensive players. The Jags need WRs with top speed to beat 1 on 1 coverage provided by the run game. He is older and probably wants to sign a new deal now because it's his last chance for a big contract and 3 years later he won't get one most likely.

The Jags proved last year you can find WRs to fit the offense.

Too much money unless he wants to sign a 1-2 year fully guaranteed contract (for all the talk, no one has done it yet).

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

The Falcon need to stop acting like they don't want Jones. I'm sure a deal will get done eventually.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2018, 08:02 AM by brianmsbc.)

(07-25-2018, 06:48 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The Falcon need to stop acting like they don't want Jones. I'm sure a deal will get done eventually.

Sets a bad precedent. If I'm the falcons I let him sit and prepare to play without him.

Nowhere in the contract that HE SIGNED did it say that if at any point he isn't the highest paid WR they will renegotiate.

(07-25-2018, 08:01 AM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 06:48 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The Falcon need to stop acting like they don't want Jones. I'm sure a deal will get done eventually.

Sets a bad precedent. If I'm the falcons I let him sit and prepare to play without him.

Nowhere in the contract that HE SIGNED did it say that if at any point he isn't the highest paid WR they will renegotiate.

I totally agree. I'm one of the fans that hated the way MJD handled his last days as a Jag. 

But the business side, says a deal will get done bc you don't lose players like Julio by getting cute. 

But the flip side shows guys like Fitz who is the perfect WR. The plays the game and a model citizen off the field. 

Jones needs to handle this like a pro. Right now it's not a good look.

Dude has 3 years of a 5 year deal left. If you rework it, then you're screwed in every negotiation from here forward.

I'm not sure how anyone can support Jones in this case.

Wow 3 years left. I thought 1 maybe 2. No way