Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Bears vs. Packers Game Day Thread***

Quote:Hell, I've had HER blocked for months. I just couldn't take her ruining every thread anymore.

This is a shame because I like Rico and don't need to block him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What was the big yellow thing Brian Hoyer rode to the X-ray room? I never saw one that before.

A;; white does not look right for a game in Green Bay. They should have worn green jerseys and yellow pants. 

This is the first time I can recall the Packers wearing white jerseys at Lambeau Field.  It certainly didn't look natural.  

One positive with the jerseys in this game was both teams had numbers that were easily identifiable.  That's not the case with the Bears throwback jerseys that they usually wear around a couple of times a season for home games. 

Quote:This is the first time I can recall the Packers wearing white jerseys at Lambeau Field.  It certainly didn't look natural.  

One positive with the jerseys in this game was both teams had numbers that were easily identifiable.  That's not the case with the Bears throwback jerseys that they usually wear around a couple of times a season for home games. 

What really did not look natural was the white pants. That was probably a first in team history. I did not like it at all.

The Bears did not wear throwback jerseys. The only uniform difference was blue pants. But their throwbacks are not nearly as bad as what the Packers wore against Dallas.

Quote:What really did not look natural was the white pants. That was probably a first in team history. I did not like it at all.

The Bears did not wear throwback jerseys. The only uniform difference was blue pants. But their throwbacks are not nearly as bad as what the Packers wore against Dallas.

I'm not crazy about the Packers throwback uniforms from the game against the Cowboys.  But I prefer them to the Bears throwback jerseys because the numbers are somewhat easier to identify.   The Bears throwbacks and the jerseys the 49ers wore against the Cardinals have numbers that are extremely hard for me to identify.   Because my interest in the 49ers is much less than it is with the Bears,   when the 49ers played the Cardinals,  for the most part I was just paying attention to what the Cardinals players did from an identity standpoint.  

Quote:Alright alright alright

2nd sack for Floyd. Willie Young and the rookie are a nice looking pass rush duo.

Good point.   I thought the two had good football chemistry off the left side of the Bears Defense.  

Quote:The Bears knew Green Bay was going to be one-dimensional for medical reasons and still could not stop Aaron Rodgers. What does that tell you about their pass defense?

It certainly didn't help the Bears Defense that their Offense couldn't stay on the field for extended periods of time in the 2nd half.  

Injuries have been costly for the Bears Defense.   Despite that,  I thought the unit played well until following the Bears Defensive TD that made the score 10-6.   After that,  the Packers Offense played with better chemistry than earlier in the game and seemed one step ahead of the Bears Defense.  

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2016, 03:55 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:It certainly didn't help the Bears Defense that their Offense couldn't stay on the field for extended periods of time in the 2nd half.  

Injuries have been costly for the Bears Defense. Despite that, I thought the unit played well until following the Bears Defensive TD that made the score 10-6. After that, the Packers Offense played with better chemistry than earlier in the game and seemed one step ahead of the Bears Defense.  

No kidding about the injuries on defense. However, that is no excuse for them not knowing Aaron Rodgers would throw all night long because they knew Green Bay has no RBs.

Of course, the worst Bears injury all season is on offense. Matt Barkley was a huge downgrade after Brian Hoyer went out. No wonder the offense could not stay on the field after halftime.

Quote:No kidding about the injuries on defense. However, that is no excuse for them not knowing Aaron Rodgers would throw all night long because they knew Green Bay has no RBs.

Of course, the worst Bears injury all season is on offense. Matt Barkley was a huge downgrade after Brian Hoyer went out. No wonder the offense could not stay on the field after halftime.

To the Packers credit,  they ran the ball enough,  including some success with their running game,  that it helped slow down the Bears pass rush.  

Matt Barkley was in a difficult situation,  considering the limited amount of practice reps he received and the Packers Defense playing very well in the 2nd half of the game.   The Bears next game is a MNF game against the Vikings.   Even with 1st team reps all week next week for Barkley if Jay Cutler isn't ready to return,   Barkley and the Bears Offense are probably in for another long night. 

The reality of the situation for the Bears is their QB of preference for the future is not on their current roster. 

Quote: To the Packers credit,  they ran the ball enough,  including some success with their running game,  that it helped slow down the Bears pass rush.  

Matt Barkley was in a difficult situation, considering the limited amount of practice reps he received and the Packers Defense playing very well in the 2nd half of the game. The Bears next game is a MNF game against the Vikings. Even with 1st team reps all week next week for Barkley if Jay Cutler isn't ready to return,   Barkley and the Bears Offense are probably in for another long night. 

The reality of the situation for the Bears is their QB of preference for the future is not on their current roster. 

Ty Montgomery took a lot of handoffs against the Cowboys, so the coaches were comfortable with putting him in the backfield again. Unfortunately Green Bay missed Eddie Lacy on the fourth and goal play.

The timing of Brian Hoyer's injury could not be worse for Chicago. They are dead meat if Jay Cutler can't play.

Quote:Ty Montgomery took a lot of handoffs against the Cowboys, so the coaches were comfortable with putting him in the backfield again. Unfortunately Green Bay missed Eddie Lacy on the fourth and goal play.

The timing of Brian Hoyer's injury could not be worse for Chicago. They are dead meat if Jay Cutler can't play.

The long run by Ty Montgomery right after the Packers got the ball back following the Bears Defensive TD was arguably the turning point of the game.   The Packers used a spread formation and the Bears looked like they were expecting a pass.   After that play,  the Packers passing game became noticeably more effective.

It's difficult to replace an in-shape Eddie Lacy.   That much more in short yardage and goal line situations. 

Though losing is painful in more ways than one,  in the long run the Bears probably are better off getting a high pick in the 2017 Draft.   That's their best chance at getting a long term solution at QB. 

Quote:Why wouldn't he still be in the NFL? This is only his fourth season.

The Bears have to be hoping they will not need him against next week.

Is next week a new team? Why would he play against next week?

I still like next weeks chances against Barkley.

I wonder what the odds will be?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:The long run by Ty Montgomery right after the Packers got the ball back following the Bears Defensive TD was arguably the turning point of the game. The Packers used a spread formation and the Bears looked like they were expecting a pass. After that play, the Packers passing game became noticeably more effective.

It's difficult to replace an in-shape Eddie Lacy. That much more in short yardage and goal line situations. 

Though losing is painful in more ways than one,  in the long run the Bears probably are better off getting a high pick in the 2017 Draft.  That's their best chance at getting a long term solution at QB. 

That was an awesome play by the Packers. Jim Nantz said it was the longest play by either team (30 yards) when it was blown dead. But nothing takes the life out of a team more than losing its best QB like that.

In the NFL Draft section you can expect to see threads about teams that need QBs in the first round. I will save that discussion until after the Super Bowl as usual.

Quote:Is next week a new team? Why would he play against next week?

I still like next weeks chances against Barkley.

I wonder what the odds will be?

LOL I forgot to include the name Minnesota. The odds against them is very high if Matt Barkley starts.

Quote: Good point. I thought the two had good football chemistry off the left side of the Bears Defense.

I know you were high on Willie Young way before he became a FA as a lion. You were right, he would've been a big improvement to the Jags D, and he was probably worth the money if Detroit had paid him as well. Instead he sacked Bortles twice and plays you guys twice a year. He really developed into an above average pass rusher, and that's pretty cool for the guy.

Quote:I know you were high on Willie Young way before he became a FA as a lion. You were right, he would've been a big improvement to the Jags D, and he was probably worth the money if Detroit had paid him as well. Instead he sacked Bortles twice and plays you guys twice a year. He really developed into an above average pass rusher, and that's pretty cool for the guy.

Well stated!

What's most impressive regarding Willie Young's play is back in the latter part of the 2014 season against his former team,  the Lions,  Young suffered a torn Achillies Tendon.    Young overcame the injury,  despite turning 30 last year.    He definitely beat the odds.   Even a relatively high % of players in their early to mid 20's never regain their previous skills.