Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gurley gets paid

Sorry had to just laugh again at the title.  So Gurley gets 45 mil guaranteed.  Yep running back sure is an undervalued position in the NFL now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-24-2018, 10:36 PM)surfon Wrote: Sorry had to just laugh again at the title.  So Gurley gets 45 mil guaranteed.  Yep running back sure is an undervalued position in the NFL now.

Well, he's getting 6 million more than the next highest paid RB not counting Bell, who's franchised.  His guarantees is also double that of the next highest RB not on a rookie contract.  This is a huge outlier contract as far as RBs go, though we'll see what happens when Bell and Elliott renegotiate.

Elliot, Johnson, and Bell are smiling. Once Bell plays out his franchise tag some team will over pay him. The RB position just became an important piece again.

So glad we drafted Fournette and I will have no problem paying him if he continues to produce.

(07-25-2018, 06:45 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Elliot, Johnson, and Bell are smiling. Once Bell plays out his franchise tag some team will over pay him. The RB position just became an important piece again.

So glad we drafted Fournette and I will have no problem paying him if he continues to produce.

Fournette strikes me as more of a 1-contract type of back.

Snead keeps saying they can pay everybody, I just dont see how.

It definitely helps when the QB is on a rookie contract, but I still bet they wind up regretting it.

I hope we go the Steelers route and let LF play out his rookie deal, pick up the 5th year option, and slap on a couple franchise tags. Assuming he steps up his play and stays relatively healthy of course.

(07-26-2018, 04:35 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 06:45 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Elliot, Johnson, and Bell are smiling. Once Bell plays out his franchise tag some team will over pay him. The RB position just became an important piece again.

Fournette strikes me as more of a 1-contract type of back.

Why is that?

(07-31-2018, 11:12 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 04:35 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Fournette strikes me as more of a 1-contract type of back.

Why is that?

Guys with his running style usually have shorter than normal careers, and he's already shown some reportedly chronic ankle problems...

Plus - the way this team is built combined with it's salary cap projection - all indications are they'll just draft more RBs before paying one $60 mil to stick around.

I really like Fournette, but unless he proves to be a consistent game changer (a'la Freddy T) I don't see him getting a mega deal in Jax. It's not impossible - but it's unlikely.