Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Remains of US war dead retrieved from North Korea

For those nay-sayers that said it wouldn't happen.......

Remains of US war dead retrieved from North Korea, White House says

Fifty-five cases containing what were believed to be the remains of U.S. servicemen killed during the Korean War were returned Friday, the White House said.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/07/27/...-says.html
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Kotite, Adam2012 hardest hit.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-27-2018, 07:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Kotite, Adam2012 hardest hit.

Not to worry, they are checking the appropriate web sites now for the proper response.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2018, 09:15 AM by B2hibry.)

This is awesome and a long time coming. Hopefully the U.S. and Nk can continue to work together to find and bring back everyone.

“You’ve been suckered, it’s not even half of what Nk promised. The U.S. gave up everything!”
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

??? I don't recall posting one way or the other about the North Koreans returning the war dead.

By the way, they are still dead. I don't know why anyone other than the families and friends of the deceased should care.

But continue to use the dead to make a particular political point. The North Koreans certainly have.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Promises Made. Promises Kept. God Bless POTUS for making this happen.

(07-27-2018, 11:53 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:

??? I don't recall posting one way or the other about the North Koreans returning the war dead.

By the way, they are still dead. I don't know why anyone other than the families and friends of the deceased should care.

But continue to use the dead to make a particular political point. The North Koreans certainly have.

DISRESPEKT.

Of course I wouldn't expect anything less from a man with questionable moral tendencies.

Your pain is palpable.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Remember that the next time you talk about gun control.

Because as someone who is a Veteran I'm still of the belief that we should bring all of our fallen brothers and sisters home.  You see, it used to be that those in the military were one FAMILY and we care about one another regardless of branch served.

Continue to "not care" about those men and women that made the ultimate sacrifice for you.  It's unfortunate that we have so many like you among us... only care about yourself and not others.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-29-2018, 01:16 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-27-2018, 11:53 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: ??? I don't recall posting one way or the other about the North Koreans returning the war dead.

Because as someone who is a Veteran I'm still of the belief that we should bring all of our fallen brothers and sisters home.  You see, it used to be that those in the military were one FAMILY and we care about one another regardless of branch served.

Continue to "not care" about those men and women that made the ultimate sacrifice for you.  It's unfortunate that we have so many like you among us... only care about yourself and not others.

I agree. It's very important to bring the remains back.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-29-2018, 01:16 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-27-2018, 11:53 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: ??? I don't recall posting one way or the other about the North Koreans returning the war dead.

Do you feel better now? You must be a little light-headed being way up there on your moral high-horse.

You're one of those "thoughts and prayers" kind of guys after every school shooting, aren't you?

You say you want to honor the dead, but you have no problem with people using those dead to score political points?

If Donald has taught us anything, it's that words don't mean much. Haven't all these self-righteous shown us that?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(07-30-2018, 09:03 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(07-29-2018, 01:16 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Because as someone who is a Veteran I'm still of the belief that we should bring all of our fallen brothers and sisters home.  You see, it used to be that those in the military were one FAMILY and we care about one another regardless of branch served.

Do you feel better now? You must be a little light-headed being way up there on your moral high-horse.

You're one of those "thoughts and prayers" kind of guys after every school shooting, aren't you?

You say you want to honor the dead, but you have no problem with people using those dead to score political points?

If Donald has taught us anything, it's that words don't mean much. Haven't all these self-righteous shown us that?

You're the one that said "why should anyone care other than family and friends".  There is no "political point" being made.  It's important to not only myself, but many others to bring the remains home.  Since none of the lost ones are your family and/or friends you obviously "don't care", but fail to realize the sacrifices these brave men and women make for us.  You also fail to realize that there are many people that absolutely do care even if the remains are not one of our family/friends.

You're right about one thing though.  Words don't mean much, but actions do.  How many presidential administrations have failed to accomplish what is being accomplished today?  Face it.  You won't give credit when it's due because of your blind hatred for the current president.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-30-2018, 06:24 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: You're right about one thing though.  Words don't mean much, but actions do.  How many presidential administrations have failed to accomplish what is being accomplished today? 

Too many. At least we did recover hundreds of service members' remains during the administrations of Clinton and both Bushes. Hopefully we will keep up the negotiations with NK and get more. Still far too many unaccounted for.

Russia
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Fact: these could be anyone's remains and will not be proven as such for years.

You choose to believe a president who lies about every damn thing possible and a dictator who boasts he has a unicorn cave and shot a round of golf with 18 holes in one.

Maybe.. Just maybe.. This is horse manure. Not a single one of you can say this is verifiable today. You want to believe two of the world's biggest bull [BLEEP] artists. That just makes you dumb.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(08-07-2018, 09:16 PM)Kotite Wrote: Fact: these could be anyone's remains and will not be proven as such for years.

You choose to believe a president who lies about every damn thing possible and a dictator who boasts he has a unicorn cave and shot a round of golf with 18 holes in one.

Maybe.. Just maybe.. This is horse manure. Not a single one of you can say this is verifiable today. You want to believe two of the world's biggest bull [BLEEP] artists. That just makes you dumb.

My oh My, someone is triggered.........
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(08-07-2018, 09:16 PM)Kotite Wrote: Fact: these could be anyone's remains and will not be proven as such for years.

I believe John Byrd.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2018, 07:29 AM by The Drifter.)

Hey Kotite..... These were part of the remains from the NORKS

Missing Korean War soldier's sons receive their father's dog tag

Charles McDaniel Jr. was at home in Indianapolis when his wife told him he had a phone call. To his surprise, he learned that among the 55 boxes believed to hold the remains of U.S. servicemen killed during the Korean War was his dad's dog tag.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/08/mis...g-tag.html

So a dog tag and a box of stuff two of the world's biggest bs artists say are the accompanying remains after 6+ decades.
Only a chump boos the home team!