Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Remains of US war dead retrieved from North Korea

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2018, 07:10 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(08-09-2018, 06:31 PM)Kotite Wrote: So a dog tag and a box of stuff two of the world's biggest bs artists say are the accompanying remains after 6+ decades.

So, at first it was that they weren't going to return the remains of missing soldiers. Then they didn't do it quickly enough for you. Now its that we don't actually know if they are the remains of Americans, and even if they are, it isn't good enough.

Are you physically unable of saying something positive about Trump and his plan with North Korea?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-09-2018, 07:10 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(08-09-2018, 06:31 PM)Kotite Wrote: So a dog tag and a box of stuff two of the world's biggest bs artists say are the accompanying remains after 6+ decades.

So, at first it was that they weren't going to return the remains of missing soldiers. Then they didn't do it quickly enough for you. Now its that we don't actually know if they are the remains of Americans, and even if they are, it isn't good enough.

Are you physically unable of saying something positive about Trump and his plan with North Korea?

Physically, yes.

Psychologically? No chance in hell.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Surely a family member could be tested for DNA and any remains could be positively identified. Am I so crazy to think that would be warranted to prove the validity of this gesture? Or i should take Trump at his word when he lies about literally everything AND I should take KJU at his word when he tells his people he has a unicorn cave and that NK has dominated the Olympics for decades?

You choose to believe it because you want to believe every lie Trump utters. Doesn't mean I need to swallow it too.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(07-27-2018, 01:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Promises Made. Promises Kept. God Bless POTUS for making this happen.

I don't recall this ever being promised in the lead up to the election. The most important promises from what I could tell was:

Building a wall (not delivered)
Mexico paying for the wall (not delivered)
Draining the swamp (looks swampier than ever)

(08-11-2018, 10:57 PM)Kotite Wrote: Surely a family member could be tested for DNA and any remains could be positively identified. Am I so crazy to think that would be warranted to prove the validity of this gesture? Or i should take Trump at his word when he lies about literally everything AND I should take KJU at his word when he tells his people he has a unicorn cave and that NK has dominated the Olympics for decades?

You choose to believe it because you want to believe every lie Trump utters. Doesn't mean I need to swallow it too.

That is one of the methods they will be using to determine the identities of the deceased. DNA testing of the remains start next week at Dover AFB, and they expect the first positive IDs to take place within a couple of months.

I have a high degree of confidence that many of the remains are genuine. It is known that NK has had in their possession the remains of hundreds or even thousands of fallen US servicemen, and they have returned or have jointly recovered thousands in the past that have been positively identified, during the administrations of George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush.

Although it is possible that KJU is lying and sent us bogus remains, what purpose would that serve? Actual remains are a bargaining chip for him. If these remains are phony, he would lose the credibility to use additional returns of remains as leverage in future negotiations.

(08-11-2018, 11:39 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(07-27-2018, 01:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Promises Made. Promises Kept. God Bless POTUS for making this happen.

I don't recall this ever being promised in the lead up to the election. The most important promises from what I could tell was:

Building a wall (not delivered)
Mexico paying for the wall (not delivered)
Draining the swamp (looks swampier than ever)
Wasn't an election promise. It was a negotiated term during the summit.

Wall construction has been ongoing. Google that [BLEEP]!
Naive enough to believe another country would pay for wall upgrades directly? They'll get hit through other legislation, but who really cares as long as the border gets tighter.
Not sure you understand the context of "drain the swamp."
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Naive enough. It was the Trumpettes saying they would? So Trump was lying to naive people?

(08-12-2018, 01:03 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Naive enough. It was the Trumpettes saying they would? So Trump was lying to naive people?

I was always under the impression that Mexico would pay in tariffs or renegotiated trade deals. Never understood why people thought they’d write us a check.

(08-12-2018, 01:18 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 01:03 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Naive enough. It was the Trumpettes saying they would? So Trump was lying to naive people?

I was always under the impression that Mexico would pay in tariffs or renegotiated trade deals. Never understood why people thought they’d write us a check.

Because the left has neither a sense of humor nor the understanding of rhetoric and hyperbole?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I anxiously await confirmation that the DNA is a match. Since I don't take anything at face value that leaves either of these liars mouths.

(08-13-2018, 03:46 PM)Kotite Wrote: I anxiously await confirmation that the DNA is a match. Since I don't take anything at face value that leaves either of these liars mouths.

Honest question, do you reject this statement, or is your TDS so bad that you are calling this guy a liar too?

“Generally speaking, what I can tell you is that the remains are consistent with the remains we have recovered in North Korea,” John Byrd, director of analysis for the U.S. Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency, told a news conference before the ceremony.

(08-12-2018, 06:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 01:18 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I was always under the impression that Mexico would pay in tariffs or renegotiated trade deals. Never understood why people thought they’d write us a check.

Because the left has neither a sense of humor nor the understanding of rhetoric and hyperbole?

Bingo.

Everything must be taken literally...unless it's a liberal saying it, in which case it's all about nuance.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-12-2018, 06:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 01:18 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I was always under the impression that Mexico would pay in tariffs or renegotiated trade deals. Never understood why people thought they’d write us a check.

You really think the crowds at Trump's Make Me Feel Good About Myself Rallies think it's all rhetoric and hyperbole?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(08-13-2018, 10:03 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 06:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Because the left has neither a sense of humor nor the understanding of rhetoric and hyperbole?

You really think the crowds at Trump's Make Me Feel Good About Myself Rallies think it's all rhetoric and hyperbole?

Of course not, and I don't think I said that. But the fact is that much of what Trump says is exactly that, the use of rhetorical devices to drum support to achieve a political goal. It's the way of politics.

(08-14-2018, 11:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 10:03 PM)rollerjag Wrote: You really think the crowds at Trump's Make Me Feel Good About Myself Rallies think it's all rhetoric and hyperbole?

Of course not, and I don't think I said that. But the fact is that much of what Trump says is exactly that, the use of rhetorical devices to drum support to achieve a political goal. It's the way of politics.

So is your position, "I support him even though I don't believe he means the things he says in very clear language to millions of listeners"?
Isn't that an ethically precarious position to place yourself in? Best case scenario, you support lying to other Americans.  Worst case, he does mean it, and invites disaster on us by pursuing the impossible.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-14-2018, 11:35 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 11:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Of course not, and I don't think I said that. But the fact is that much of what Trump says is exactly that, the use of rhetorical devices to drum support to achieve a political goal. It's the way of politics.

So is your position, "I support him even though I don't believe he means the things he says in very clear language to millions of listeners"?
Isn't that an ethically precarious position to place yourself in? Best case scenario, you support lying to other Americans.  Worst case, he does mean it, and invites disaster on us by pursuing the impossible.

Going pretty far afield from the main topic. I doubt the remains are phony. As Gettin'... pointed out, it would be incredibly stupid for North Korea to ship fraudulent remains.

To answer your off-topic question, I don't support lies unless they are necessary for national security. But every POTUS lies. Unlike Obama, Trump's lies (most are just ignorant errors or hyperbole and not actual lies) have been mostly about fringe matters, not about policy. Claiming the largest inauguration crowd is a lie that makes no difference. Claiming "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" or that the Benghazi attack was caused by a video makes a lot of difference.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(08-14-2018, 11:35 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 11:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Of course not, and I don't think I said that. But the fact is that much of what Trump says is exactly that, the use of rhetorical devices to drum support to achieve a political goal. It's the way of politics.

I didn't vote for him. I preferred him to Hillary. I am ok with what's he's done with his policy thus far. Is that ok with you?

(08-12-2018, 01:18 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

I know this is off-topic, but it's in the vein of this comment:

New Deal With Mexico Looming

"Trump’s trade negotiators this week have been meeting with senior Mexican officials in Washington, and sources familiar with the discussions say the two sides have largely agreed to new rules on auto trade — a top priority for the White House — that could boost investment in the U.S. and curb a flight of domestic production and jobs to Mexico."

(08-13-2018, 05:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 03:46 PM)Kotite Wrote: I anxiously await confirmation that the DNA is a match. Since I don't take anything at face value that leaves either of these liars mouths.

Honest question, do you reject this statement, or is your TDS so bad that you are calling this guy a liar too?

“Generally speaking, what I can tell you is that the remains are consistent with the remains we have recovered in North Korea,” John Byrd, director of analysis for the U.S. Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency, told a news conference before the ceremony.

Still wondering...

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2018, 07:32 PM by Kotite.)

Any evidence yet? Ancestry.com doesn't take this long.

Am I calling him a liar? What he is saying doesn't sound like he knows for sure. 70 year old remains of a soldier or a street sweeper probably look the same. KJU and Trump are both compulsive liars. Is it so strange to be suspicious they are not being truthful?