Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Patriot Blood in the Water?

I understand this may or may not be deemed as Jaguars related.  If so, I welcome a move to a more appropriate forum.  I thought it particularly relevant because it involves the team that knocked us out and the second game of the season-one Jaguars fans are looking forward to watching.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/...nsive-line

I'll be the first to admit I am no Belichick or even Scharnecchia.

But I see no way, shape, or form a guy 380 pounds has feet quick enough or fast enough to consistently pass block speed rushers like Ngakoue and Fowler (or for that matter Clowney or Mercilus the week before) without help.  If he were THAT big, and had quick enough feet to handle elite pass rushers, there is no way he would have lasted until the 7th round, there is no way the 49ers play him at RT, and there is no way the 49ers let him walk, even acknowledging teams can make mistakes.

To me, if he starts, either the Pats will live and die almost exclusively with short pass drops and quick passes, or they will have to adjust their blocking schemes to have fewer guys in the pattern.

If he is the starter, I go back to my statement that the Patriots would be more of a running team than they have been in a long long time, and would have difficulty playing the sort of offensive attack that has made them so successful over the years.  If they try to stick with what has worked, Ngakoue and Fowler could have huge games in week 2.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Brady can cover for this guys weaknesses briefly but I see this large dude and that side of the line getting abused with his slow feet. He will no doubt want to lean in on people and get off balance as well.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I predicted in another post this would be the year we start hearing for Brady’s retirement and we will plant the seed. Nothing would make me happier than to see Brady go down hard at least twice during our game, and get up slowly. This presents the ideal opportunity to establish our defensive identity.

I hope we break Brady
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(07-27-2018, 01:31 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I hope we break Brady

The zebras will make us pay but it must be done.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/c...saiah-wynn

The above link is a video discussing Trent Brown starting out at LT over his backup Isaiah Wynn. You see just how massive he is.

BTW, this is from his nfl.com draft profile...

Quote:Has stiff knees and butt rides high pre-snap in stance. Will take poor angles when teams try him in the gaps. If beaten, doesn't have the athleticism to recover. Power-only player and limits what an offense can do. Scouts call him an "inconsistent worker." Needs players to be squared up and will struggle when they get to his edge.

The video talks of Wynn needing time to learn the NFL game, so this guy is apparently their answer for Ngakoue.
'02

I want us to retire Brady the way we did Marino. No injuries or anything like that, just beat him on the field because we are the better team. To me there is no better way to dominate.

(07-27-2018, 05:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I want us to retire Brady the way we did Marino. No injuries or anything like that, just beat him on the field because we are the better team. To me there is no better way to dominate.

https://goo.gl/images/Lp1FJa

(07-27-2018, 05:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I want us to retire Brady the way we did Marino. No injuries or anything like that, just beat him on the field because we are the better team. To me there is no better way to dominate.

Agreed. In fact, I hope he plays a great game and every time he looks like he's going to bring them back we sack him or intercept him.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man." - Ric Flair
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2018, 12:56 PM by americus 2.0.)

(07-27-2018, 06:55 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

(07-27-2018, 05:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I want us to retire Brady the way we did Marino. No injuries or anything like that, just beat him on the field because we are the better team. To me there is no better way to dominate.

https://goo.gl/images/Lp1FJa

That'll work.

(07-27-2018, 10:01 PM)hb1148 Wrote:

Agreed. In fact, I hope he plays a great game and every time he looks like he's going to bring them back we sack him or intercept him.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man." - Ric Flair

Yep. There would be too much smack talk if we beat him because he was injured or he or the team were not 100% for the game. I want both teams at 100% and playing lights out football. Let the better team win and let that team be the Jaguars. 

We made him actually pay attention last season, now it's time to just make him pay.

(07-27-2018, 02:50 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

The zebras will make us pay but it must be done.

The first 15 yard Roughing the QB penalty in league history where the QB wasn't actually touched on the play.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I never root for injury, but my thoughts are that if he's gonna get flags for merely grazing him or coming within a few feet of his personal space... might as well "earn" that penalty. It'll be the same number of yards we give up but if a 40 year old goes down hard they may think twice about having him take deep drops and exposing him to more punishment. 

This team has forced Jim Kelly and Dan Marino into retirement; lets hope we can add Brady and Luck to that list this season Wink
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2018, 01:54 PM by Bullseye.)

(07-30-2018, 01:52 PM)Firesky Wrote:

I never root for injury, but my thoughts are that if he's gonna get flags for merely grazing him or coming within a few feet of his personal space... might as well "earn" that penalty. It'll be the same number of yards we give up but if a 40 year old goes down hard they may think twice about having him take deep drops and exposing him to more punishment. 

This team has forced Jim Kelly and Dan Marino into retirement; lets hope we can add Brady and Luck to that list this season Wink

Eli Manning and Big Ben, too.  Rivers and Brees, if needed.

The quarterback must go down and he must go down hard

I caught a glimpse of the first quarter of the Patriots preseason game against the Skins at lunch today, and made it a point to watch Brown.

One thing I noticed in that on most of the passing plays, they either had a TE lined up tight to his side, or they chipped the pass rusher with a back.

Granted, I have not done an extensive film/tendency study of the Patriots, but I don't recall them doing that so much against us.

I also understand it's preseason, and not too much can be gleaned from that.

But I found it interesting they would give him so much help in the first quarter of a preseason game.

Don't drink the water.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-30-2018, 05:25 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: The quarterback must go down and he must go down hard and often!

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.